Marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and birth control pills being rx only....two things that make no sense to me.

I kind of understand the birth control being RX only. The reason is twofold, BC pills can cause other medications to react harmful to the body so having them RX allows some control of your doctor knowing what you are taking in addition to BC. Also not every woman's physiology and lifestyle are suitable for certain BC methods, so I think that consulting part is an important part of healthcare.

I kind of understand the birth control being RX only. The reason is twofold, BC pills can cause other medications to react harmful to the body so having them RX allows some control of your doctor knowing what you are taking in addition to BC. Also not every woman's physiology and lifestyle are suitable for certain BC methods, so I think that consulting part is an important part of healthcare.

But this can be said of a LOT of OTC drugs. You should really consult a Dr. if you are taking *any* drug long term or indefinitely. I shut up though, probably its own thread.

Well, here in Washington, my understanding is that I won't be able to run down to the Qwik-E-Mart to buy a pack of Js - I have to go to the government-run facility to buy it.

Maybe this is naive, but I don't think the tobacco industry is going to be able to get their grubby giant mitts over it ... at least not at first, anyway.

We just voted out the government liquor stores ... guess we'll be reopening them for our pot! Ha.

It's kind of funny to imagine what a government-run pot store would look like

It's kind of funny to imagine what a government-run pot store would look like

simpsons-otto.png

(Hopefully, anyway)

While I do think marijuana should be legalized, I'm not a big fan of the argument "well, alcohol and cigarettes are legal too!!"
It is always more difficult to put on restrictions on things you have previously allowed for (and partially endorsed, I would say).
It's a 'two wrongs don't make a right' kinda thing IMO.

The toll that substance abuse/addictions have on society has surpassed any sort of benefits the substances have in the first place.

So I would indeed legalize marijuana and subsequently further restrict access and increase excise duties on alcohol, cigarettes and marijuana.

I'm not an expert on marijuana, I was a dabbler for years and then hit a stretch of time where no matter the circumstances it made me paranoid, so I don't dabble anymore. The last time I touched the stuff was Superbowl 2005, I took ONE tiny puff at kick off and it had me pacing a balcony for the rest of the game, I literally missed the whole game and finally was able to join the party after the game was over. I knew the last several times weren't pleasurable for me so I consciously inhale one VERY small hit and it still had me paranoid, so I said no more.

So by no means am I an expert on pot, what is the "shelf-life"? I mean the reasons tobacco companies add chemicals is twofold, increase shelf life and make it addictive. I think adding anything to prolong shelf life would actually work against them in the market. And I don't believe adding anything to make it addictive would even be allowed this day and age.

Not exactly sure how long it can survive, but it's dried, so it won't go bad soon. I've had some that was half a year old or longer, and still good. So I don't think additives would be needed.

The way I see it legalized is pretty much the way it already is here. Separate shops, you have to show ID at entrance to prove you're 18 or older, can buy your stuff, smoke one inside or go home. No smoking in public, no underages allowed in. All that would change by making it legal here would be that production can be government controlled and the stupid backdoor situation resolves.

Back
Top Bottom