Lord Save Us From...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was at a film festival a few weeks ago where a film of mine played. Well made, even-handed (if a bit reductionist), and Dan is a good guy.

The Ancient Pyramids were built by a bunch of liars, didn't you know?

They knew full well that when they built those things, that their soul was never going to shoot up to the sky. They were just trying to fool people from the 20th and 21st century. And the mummification? C'mon, pure intentional hoax. They were just trying to screw with our heads. They couldn't have possibly believed it was truth.

It was all just a big gag on us.

...file under shameless self-promotion?
Hey, I was impressed! It's a very intriguing and attractive trailer. And a bold topic.

It's always nice to get a glimpse of people's creative work...we're fortunate to have an unusually large number of members who are directly involved in the arts.

^

Thanks for the support Yolland! Appreciate the kind comments.

For those of you who are interested, it's available to watch instantly on Netflix through StarzPlay. More and more people are starting to see it, and I'm humbled by a couple of the early reviews.

It's interesting; since making this film I've gone on to co-write a film for Lionsgate and am currently adapting a novel by a NY Times best-selling author that should be filming this winter. LEAST is a picture of me as a storyteller at a certain point in my life and career; hopefully I'm getting better. :)

The Ancient Pyramids were built by a bunch of liars, didn't you know?

They knew full well that when they built those things, that their soul was never going to shoot up to the sky. They were just trying to fool people from the 20th and 21st century. And the mummification? C'mon, pure intentional hoax. They were just trying to screw with our heads. They couldn't have possibly believed it was truth.

It was all just a big gag on us.

At least they gave jobs to people who call themselves 'archaeologist' or 'Egyptologist'!:D

Dang, that trailer made me want to see it instantly! Two big thumbs up!

Nathan, That was very compelling. Great job on the trailer. Makes me want to see more.

The great divide

I agree

Jesus of Nazareth was either telling the truth
or he was a liar.

The great divide

does it really have to be this way?

A Christian would say a Muslim is "crazy" for believing Muhummad flew up to heaven on a winged horse but tell that same Christian he is "crazy" for believing a man flew up to heaven after being dead for three days & WWIII will ensue:ohmy:

Born of a Virgin/Healing The Sick/Raising The Dead/Magically Generating Food/Walking On Water/Water Into Wine/ sure sounds mythical & legendary:huh:

A Christian would say a Muslim is "crazy" for believing Muhummad flew up to heaven on a winged horse but tell that same Christian he is "crazy" for believing a man flew up to heaven after being dead for three days & WWIII will ensue:ohmy:

But telling a Muslim and a Christian that their prophets's ascendance to heaven was due to a spaceship would make them call the nut house for you!:wink:

The great divide

I agree

Jesus of Nazareth was either telling the truth
or he was a liar.

The great divide

Well, this is the quandary as believers tend to frame it, but it's actually deeply simplistic.

In fact, there are plenty of other possibilities, including that he partly telling the truth and partially lying, that he was misinterpreted, or even was well intentioned but a bit mad, for example.

Well, this is the quandary as believers tend to frame it, but it's actually deeply simplistic.

In fact, there are plenty of other possibilities, including that he partly telling the truth and partially lying, that he was misinterpreted, or even was well intentioned but a bit mad, for example.

I actually studied a few men's work for about two years who say Jesus never existed LOL but I won't go there:ohmy:

I don't see how it matters present day anyway

& I was at one time HARDCORE Christian:D

The truth claims of Jesus actually have very little to do with the far less abstract and far more concrete problems of Christian/Muslim antagonism over the last 1500 years.

^ In general I'd agree with that, though I didn't get the impression that either fg or iron horse were in fact referring to Christian-Muslim relations at all.

I do think a historical legacy of imperialism justified (at the rhetorical level) in religious terms does matter greatly when it comes to how statements like 'Jesus was either a liar, or the bearer of absolute truth' are understood, by both speaker and hearer. In the real world, people don't consider themselves compelled to intensively study and ponder some particular one out of the thousands of proclaimed absolute truths out there merely because someone(s) somewhere(s) asserted it to be absolutely true; rather, they feel compelled to the extent that said someone(s), individually or collectively, is in a position to bring certain real-world pressures to bear on them--socially, politically, militarily, economically, etc.--if they don't.

Back
Top Bottom