Legal marijuana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbelcik

Refugee
Marijuana became legal in my state today. Anyone else live in states where it's legal? How has it worked out?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

All fast food sales will probably rise. It's good for the economy. :wink:

But seriously, I do not understand why it's freely available here yet not fully legalised. It's accepted, but not legal. Not legal to stock shops or to grow it, while if the government started to legalise it and taking care of that, the tax revenues would be huge. And cutting down costs on tracking dealers and growshops would save a lot of money as well, which can be put in proper education for kids to not get addicted (not that weed is addictive, but still).

No one has any idea what the marijuana laws are in DC anymore. Last November almost 70% of the city voted to legalize it, and the mayor is behind it, but a few GOP congressmen (who else) are fighting it, because not being from DC allows you to pass laws over people who are not your constituents, so it's like to now legal to grow but not sell, and not sure about possession. Anecdotally, I've seen neither an uptick or downtick in use. Seems like kind of a big nothing.

Hello from pot-legal Washington State! I believe it's been a slower rollout here. High demand, not as much supply. A lot of stores received licenses to sell it, but few have been able to open. I think the laws regarding edibles are still up in the air - I haven't heard much about it for a while.

Colorado seems to have had their shit much more together than us when they rolled it out.

Hello from pot-legal Washington State! I believe it's been a slower rollout here. High demand, not as much supply. A lot of stores received licenses to sell it, but few have been able to open. I think the laws regarding edibles are still up in the air - I haven't heard much about it for a while.

Colorado seems to have had their shit much more together than us when they rolled it out.

Colorado really is the model for how legal pot should be rolled out. Didn't they have dispensaries ready to open the day it became legal?

I remember hearing that there weren't many but there definitely were a handful of shops ready to go on day one.

For all intents and purposes, it's basically legal in Toronto. The police here barely can be bothered to go after violent crime half the time, let alone worry about pot unless you're growing industrial quantities or doing something exceptionally stupid. They have enough to worry about with the thousands of crack and heroin dealers. People stroll down the main streets all the time openly smoking joints, just today I was walking back from lunch to work behind a woman who was hauling away on her vaporizer on Yonge St. right in front of a cop.

My dealer is part of a group of about 5-8 people who bike around town all day, 7 days a week. You call them up and say where you are and within 15 minutes they'll meet you anywhere within about a 400 square block area. It's faster and more reliable than ordering a pizza. There's nothing shady about it either - we'll go around a corner if there's a cop standing right there but otherwise it's an open exchange on the sidewalk on Queen St, just the same as if I was buying hot dogs.

Society survives. The most obnoxious thing I've ever seen someone doing with weed is rolling a joint in the back seat of a busy streetcar. On the other hand, people drink to the point of blackouts, shoot heroin, and smoke crack in the back of the streetcars, so nobody gives a shit about weed here.

The only real difference if they legalize it in Canada (for downtown Toronto, anyways) will be that my buddy will go out of business, and I'll go to the corner store instead.

I'm originally from Japan where all drugs, no matter how light it is, is evil and people think people possessing any sort of drugs should be punished pretty seriously, thoguh they drink (a lot, sometimes) and smoke (more than people at US anyway) and I cannnot help pointing out the contradiction. It finally made sense when I came to US and saw some lighter drugs being regalized.

But I personally opt not to do it and remain hard conservative on this one (i'm die-hard liberal in any other place) as........1) I'm a coward and afraid of new experiences and 2) I need my brain for a living for a while and Im probably gonna earn money for it, dont want to mess with it TOO much

I'm glad that marijuana is being legalized mostly because of the racial biases in America's criminal justice system that result in black Americans being way more likely to be involved in the criminal justice system as a result of marijuana use. White Americans actually use drugs at a higher rate than black Americans, yet it is black Americans who are sent to prison at a higher rate for drug offenses. So I'm hoping that the legalization of marijuana helps end the mass incarceration that is harming black Americans.

2) I need my brain for a living for a while and Im probably gonna earn money for it, dont want to mess with it TOO much

Then don't worry about smoking pot then. It won't mess with your brain too much, as long as you don't do it during your teen years.

But I personally opt not to do it and remain hard conservative on this one (i'm die-hard liberal in any other place) as........1) I'm a coward and afraid of new experiences and 2) I need my brain for a living for a while and Im probably gonna earn money for it, dont want to mess with it TOO much

Have you seen evidence of long term changes to your brain?

I should've also added that I can be way too worried about things. My stance is mostly about not caring whether other people are going to do it rather than me doing it

I'm glad that marijuana is being legalized mostly because of the racial biases in America's criminal justice system that result in black Americans being way more likely to be involved in the criminal justice system as a result of marijuana use. White Americans actually use drugs at a higher rate than black Americans, yet it is black Americans who are sent to prison at a higher rate for drug offenses. So I'm hoping that the legalization of marijuana helps end the mass incarceration that is harming black Americans.

I know tons of white college kinds at my place (Ann Arbor) do weed so I can confirm.

IMG_6570.jpg

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1436234243.740079.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1436234256.063409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1436234256.063409.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
Nice! I'm originally from Michigan. My family is from Ann Arbor and I've had family go to UM. We're die hard UM fans. Go Blue!

No way, my moms side of my family is from Michigan (Flint), so they're huge Michigan fans. They still live in Michigan but they're scattered in Flint, Grand Blanc, and Lansing. We're the only ones who don't live there. My mom would've gone to Michigan for school but she got a full ride to Eastern Michigan. Go Blue!

No way, my moms side of my family is from Michigan (Flint), so they're huge Michigan fans. They still live in Michigan but they're scattered in Flint, Grand Blanc, and Lansing. We're the only ones who don't live there. My mom would've gone to Michigan for school but she got a full ride to Eastern Michigan. Go Blue!

Most of my family is from Grand Rapids. Heck, my grandfather was a VP at Meijer for a long time. I almost went to Western Michigan for college, but decided not to because of distance. But I still love the state of Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom