Know your rights !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
https://www.singlepeopleassociation.org/index-3.html

When it comes to dealing with the government, income tax matters, and public and private policy issues, who represents the single person?

The answer was no one--until the National Association of Single People appeared on the scene. Single people, for the most part, have been excluded from the political process in Washington, D.C., except for paying taxes. The NASP means action. Our government affairs section is designed to articulate your views and protect your interests on any policy issue affecting you and the members of this Association.

We're all familiar with two-for-one deals in the arline industry and the hotel industry;
even restaurants occasionally offer two-for-one specials.
Why penalize the single person?
Why not offer single people 1/2 price discounts? Just to be fair.

Nothing against married people, but single people should not have to subsidize them.

I am a single person.

I will not join NASP.

Do they have a point?

Are single people under-represented?

I don't know what the association can do, but I have to admit under the Bush administration, there were many tax relief/tax cuts geared towards family: married filing jointly got a bigger tax break, kids tax break, etc, etc. Where the hell is my tax break for having to pay for everything myself??

Ah the memories this group brings back.... I remember a company I worked for used to have semi annual sample sales which were limited to employees only. Except married employees were allowed to also bring their spouses and they could split up and hit more departments. That always ticked me off. :angry: Then again I did manage to get a shitload of stuff at fantastic prices (such as three cashmere sweaters at $10 each :rockon: ), so I did ok.

To me though being single has one huge benefit over being married -- never having to deal with a spouse. :D

Interesting.

I was shocked to find out that welfare is only given to families; the government probably had to do that to humanize the case for helping the poor. Now, conservatives attack welfare as worthless because it encourages higher fertility among the poor. They won't even consider just helping out individuals.

I'm with you!

The benefits are for married couples without kids, aren't they?

I think the idea is to create incentives to stay married. In Canada we have survivor benefits for widowers, I'm not sure what is in the U.S..

Of course when a country is 50% in debt with GDP maybe people should figure out how to pay for the current benefits before they add more. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom