KFC ad banned for 'racist' undertones. You decide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha, you should've seen my report cards at high school! The math teacher didn't understand why I didn't understand maths!

(Just a proof that positive stereotyping doesn't work as well! :wink: )

But of course we have the negative stereotype that girls are not good at maths. :p

NFL is racist!!!!!!!!! How could they be so insensitive?

130133d1263844850-funny-strange-random-pics-sdc11669.jpg

Blast, I didn't even know this topic existed! I was all ready to go on a tangent when it was happening.

I guess I can sum it up by saying:

Jackson Jive: racist - though perhaps not intentionally, ignorant, inexcusable - if you're saying that it's "okay" because an Indian guy was involved, are you not just piling Indians and Africans together? It was a pathetic excuse for entertainment that never should have made it onto the air, and made the whole world think that Australia was stuck in the 20's (and in some ways, it may still be).

KFC cricket ad: poorly directed and edited (the Windies fans aren't hassling the Aussie guy at all, but we get the impression that he's finding it absolutely intolerable being in their spot) and though not necessarily racist, it does seem strange that KFC, even the Australian branch, wouldn't be aware of the fried chicken/black stereotype connection. Granted, they would have had more or less the same ad were they playing England or Bangladesh, but it still seems misguided to release it.

There's a lot of underlying racism and xenophobia in Australia, no doubt.

Anyway, yeah. I liked the bump.

Back
Top Bottom