Keith Olbermann - Special Comment - Thursday 6/12 - Subject: "It's not too important"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Murrow is a hero of mine, and I still think Keith is the closest thing we have to him these days.

I certainly can understand that. I think Keith would have helped his cause a little by not proclaiming himself the Reincarnation of Murrow. It's one thing to want to be another Murrow. It's another thing to declare yourself the new Murrow by appropriating his tag line and coming across like a giant blowhard, which is not impressive, since there are already plenty of blowhards on TV. Just because he's on "the other side" doesn't make him any less of a blowhard.

Lord, why are there so many CONSERVATIVES on this website????

Opposing viewpoints? Oh noes!

Plus, there are, like, five conservatives around here. That qualifies as "so many"?

Not only that I also think there are only very few conservatives here, I really don't get how that could be something to complain about.
Or maybe it just comes across different as intended.

I wish there were more... at least more consistent conservative posters.

Although we haven't had the really bad drive-by in awhile, those are always entertaining...

I still think Keith Olbermann is terrific. He seems to be turning off a lot of people these days though, even people who basically share his political views.

Diemen, Murrow is a hero of mine, and I still think Keith is the closest thing we have to him these days.

Lord, why are there so many CONSERVATIVES on this website????

*runs back to Daily Kos*

Perhaps I'm reading you wrong, but are you assuming I must be conservative because I think Olbermann is a self-important blowhard?

I'm quite liberal, as I'm sure any of the FYM regulars here can attest to. I also think Olbermann makes good points (if you strip away the layers of exaggeration and faux-outrage surrounding them). It's his completely over-the-top melodramatic delivery that ruins them for me.

:applaud:

Jon Stewart declared MSNBC the new Fox News Monday night on "The Daily Show," saying MSNBC has stepped up to be "the mouthpiece of this new administration."

Stewart ran down a list of MSNBC's "foot-soldiers" and their Fox News equivalents:

* Chris Matthews and Bill O'Reilly: "freakishly oversized, ruddy-faced Irish multi-millionaire still clinging to his blue collar roots — and it helps if he's quick to anger"

* Keith Olbermann and Sean Hannity: "partisan ideologue who fears for the world if it's in any way touched by the hands of his political enemies"

* Joe Scarborough and Alan Colmes: "token from the other side of the aisle, a good-hearted yet somewhat hapless fellow who exists purely to give drunks in bars a name to shout out when they're in arguments over your network's ideological purity"

* Rachel Maddow and Steve Doocy: "complex eloquent even-tempered lady"

But as Stewart pointed out, citing their recent ad depicting a dark, change-filled world, Fox News won't go down without a fight. Stewart summarized the ad as follow:

"Stay with Fox News: we will protect you from raging fire, Iranian nut jobs, angry gay lovers, and the Jew whispering to the black man."

Video

MSNBC Replaces Fox News | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom