Interesting Science Video Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a video but I did just see the Space Shuttle Endeavour fly over on the back of a 747. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. We were on the roof. The picture below was taken by my coworker.

w0i6hz.jpg

Here's another shot from our campus:

2jfceuh.jpg

My campus is across the street from the California Science Center where the Shuttle will be displayed so we got two fly overs.

thsnks Bo0-Mac for the warp drive article
fascinating!
I hope their experiments with micro warp bubbles works!

At least to be alive as something impossible might become possibly "do-able" at some point in Humankind's history!

Astronomy/Cosomology etc fan *swoons* :D

Man, that is so awesome. I often wonder how I'd be able to handle zero gravity. It seems like it might be so disorienting that it would be uncomfortable

^ equal parts awe inspiring and terrifying. The bigger one is still due to miss Earth later today, but how uncanny that two largish meteorites pay us a visit on the same day :shifty:

One was here in Finland last summer, watched it flying by while laying in my hammock, until the sonic boom came few minutes later :lol:

cracked my chimney but all windows were ok, alot damage in town tho

Yeah, I assume I probably would have pulled over and expected to shortly die had I seen that. No way my brain wouldn't have assumed it was an ICBM.

Wow! That last video really captured the blinding light there.

Holy crap. Just...wow. Both fascinating and scary. Heard about 1,000 people were injured from windows breaking from the explosion.

Wow! That last video really captured the blinding light there.

Not to be 'that guy', but the blinding light in that video isn't representative of the actual brightness. That guys camera is exposing for daylight. When something even remotely brighter enters the frame, the camera doesn't have time to compensate and it gets overexposed. Not saying it wouldn't be bright. Just not anywhere near as bright as it appears in that video.

Still, I'm jealous I didn't get to see it myself

Not to be 'that guy', but the blinding light in that video isn't representative of the actual brightness. That guys camera is exposing for daylight. When something even remotely brighter enters the frame, the camera doesn't have time to compensate and it gets overexposed. Not saying it wouldn't be bright. Just not anywhere near as bright as it appears in that video.

Still, I'm jealous I didn't get to see it myself

Oh. Well, it was still amazing to see.

That's so amazing. I remember when I was a kid, my dad telling me about Voyager 1 and where it would be when I was x years old (can't remember the specifics, but it seemed so far in the future. I think Pluto was the destination). Strange to think its now past that point. I still get eerie heebie jeebies when I try to picture it out there in the silent vastness of space. Awesome post, Bomac

Back
Top Bottom