In case there was any doubt, Sarah Palin is bat shit crazy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberals-hate being held to their own standards.

I'll hold you to your standard-post a picture of Sarah Palin as a witch or describe her in sexist terms.

I don't like what Letterman said-leave her kids out of it. It was completely inappropriate. But she does seem to be dragging it out for political purposes.

Liberals-hate being held to their own standards.

<>

No, please do. Hold me to my own standards, I dare you, but then you have to hold to your own...

Then we can turn to the archives and see who lives up to them the best, shall we?

Do you not remember the Chelsea Clinton jokes? I do but I don't remember protests.

Keep searching for those double standards.

Huffington Post

During a discussion of David Letterman's joke about Sarah Palin on "Hannity" on Thursday night, conservative columnist S.E. Cupp blamed Obama.

Cupp and Sean Hannity didn't accept Letterman's explanation of his joke, in which he regretted the comments, and slammed the lack of outrage in the mainstream media about the jokes in which Letterman referred to Palin's "slutty-flight-attendant look" and quipped that her daughter got "knocked up by [NY Yankee] Alex Rodriguez"

Cupp, who is a contributor to the Washington Post and Politico, fumed:

"This is the enduring legacy of the Obama campaign. I'm not saying this to be inflammatory, I blame Barack Obama because he allowed his surrogates in the media and Hollywood and everyone else on the left to do this dirty talking for him."

Cupp called on Obama to condemn the comments.

Hannity agreed with Cupp, adding "It's like a Sista Souljah moment," referring to the infamous scandal in which then-candidate Bill Clinton repudiated the rapper's comments, outraging free-speech advocates but helping him win the votes of conservative Democrats.

YouTube - Right-Wing Columnist Blames Obama For Letterman's Palin Joke

she should get back on her jesus horse and go back to alaska and never return.

btw david letterman was an ardent supporter of rudy giuliani, who appeared on his show 28 times.

but i guess rudy's not a real republican because he likes the gays and the baby killers, so that doesn't matter.

death to liberals!!

You really sound pretty stupid here. Jesus horses? What the heck does that have to do with anything? Also, maybe you've forgotten that I initially supported Rudy's campaign. And I don't know what your "death to liberals" has to do with anything, so I guess I'm just confused all-around by your post...

devote themselves fully to the hijinks of Alaskan hillbillies.

More name calling.:cute: You just can't bring yourself to do anything else, can you? Care to explain how the Palins are "hillbillies?"

A. He never mentioned rape.

Yes. Yes he did. Someone knocking up her daughter is a joke about rape. By his own admission, he says the public was not wrong in perceiving the joke to be about the 14 year old, not the 18 year old. So yes, it was a joke about rape. However unintentional it may have been, he made a joke about rape.

the GOP is shrinking. the party is dying.

I'd like to see some evidence of the ever-shrinking GOP, please. I've said it before- the GOP is currently in good shape to win the Virginia, Jersey, and probably NY governor races, and win back a handful of Senate seats. And of course, there's those pesky (though probably incorrect, right?) polls showing more people now trust the GOP with the economy and conservatives outnumber liberals 2:1.

I went back and looked at the old Imus thread from 2007, and some of the responses in there are quite different from what has been the norm in this thread...

Headache said "there is a very thin line between comedy and racism." Can't the same be said for sexism, and can't it be argued that Letterman crossed it?

Vincent Vega said "There are just words that are not necessary in comedy." I agree. "Slutty" is one of those words, as are jokes referencing an innocent child's rape.

Martha said "Those are poisonous words. They have no place in the context in which they were used. I'm sure others have been offended by his other remarks. Don't assume that they weren't just because you didn't hear their complaints.And his willingness to offend others doesn't excuse his behavior. Your willingness to excuse racism is disturbing." I'm not hearing this same argument in this thread.

And I could on listing criticisms of what he said that I have not seen to the same extent here. I didn't come across anyone saying Imus should be fired, but I did see many calls for an apology, which have been few in the Letterman thread. Letterman finally apologized, Palin accepted, and this story is over as far as I'm concerned.

It only had a day's notice.

Let's watch his ratings over the next several months, then if you have the urge-get back to me.

:)

this reminds me of when the most famous Dutch comedian of the last 20 years did this sketch about anal sex with our queen and making her bark like a dog

well, the difference was that all in all people didn't care since - whether you did or did not think it was funny / tasteless - it was supposed to be comedy

I guess the other difference is that the Dutch comedian played with the vast gap with how we view our queen and the situation he sketched
while Letterman didn't

Yes. Yes he did. Someone knocking up her daughter is a joke about rape. By his own admission, he says the public was not wrong in perceiving the joke to be about the 14 year old, not the 18 year old. So yes, it was a joke about rape. However unintentional it may have been, he made a joke about rape.

Where did he by his own admission say the public was not wrong in perceiving the joke was about the 14 year old? He stated very clearly who the intended daughter was, did you actually hear the apology or Rush's retelling of it?

You don't make an unintentional joke about rape. You can make an inappropriate joke, but it was not a joke about rape.

And there's a danger in digging up 2 year old posts of other posters, you don't have context. One of those quotes I know for sure were that it wasn't Imus' first time to say similiar things, now if you could show the same pattern with Dave then you have a point, but you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom