Immigration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigjohn2441

Refugee
So Obama wants to send Customs and Border Protection officials to Honduras to process all the intended immigrants IN HONDURAS so they can come straight to the USA instead of having to take the dangerous journey through Mexico to get there. Hopefully they fly the immigrants business class because we wouldn't want them to be uncomfortable stuffed like canned sardines back is coach would we? I, for one don't mind having my tax dollars go toward expediting these people straight to the USA so we can have future democrat voters to keep the stupid, ignorant, racist republicans out of power.

Furthermore, why should we even have borders at all??? We are #1 and our citizens have everything they need and have the luxury of living in the blissful utopia that is the USA. We should spread the love and let anyone come here that wants to without interference. And if they don't have a pot to piss in that's OK. We are SOOOO prosperous that our citizens will gladly give up more of their pay to support them, because after all sharing is caring. I'm sure our middle-lower middle class citizens will gladly give up more of their pay to taxes to help these poor people. And there's NO way the #1 USA government could screw up managing money.

Besides, it's not like any other countries have immigration laws and they aren't even #1!!!!!!! Look at that US citizen soldier that mistakenly crossed into Mexico with some firearms (which he shouldn't have had anyways cause ALL FIREARMS ARE EVIL!!!!), HE sure didn't have any problems with the Mexican government and is to this day still enjoying his vacation abroad. WE should aspire to have the same standards and LET THE POOR PEOPLE OF THE WORLD IN!!!!! And who cares if they come here and commit crimes? We forgive and forget here in the USA. It's not like we have the #1 incarceration per-capita in the WORLD is it? An there's NO WAY these poor underprivileged immigrants could commit crimes in a society as prosperous as ours. I'd be more than willing to give more of my pay (which I risk my life for everyday) so that these people can have free healthcare, food stamps, and college tuition, even though I myself didn't have these free services and had to WORK and PAY for them on my own.

But I guess that's just a part of growing up with white privilege isn't it?

P.S. I forgot to add that it is good that our Mexican counterparts keep our federal law enforcement agencies in check. Recently in Arizona the Mexican government flew a law enforcement helicopter over US soil and fired on US Border Patrol agents. The border patrol was probably trying to actually STOP poor Mexican immigrants (or poor drug smugglers just trying to make ends meet) from coming into the country. It's good that our BRILLIANT leaders in Washington have diminished and made these rogue agencies' Use of Force policies public information. Hopefully in the future these unruly agents will be stripped of all firearms (again, because firearms are ALL EVIL) and end all enforcement actions to end he oppression of the poor immigrants of the world.

They took our jobs!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They didn't take MY job because they would have to be a US citizen to get it.

However, hopefully blanket amnesty and full citizenship will give them the same opportunities I had! Maybe they could get a government job to provide sensitivity training to the evil law enforcement agencies that are trying to keep their counterparts out.

OH WAIT, the government is already doing that itself. :doh:

I knew it was them! Even when it was the bears, I knew it was them!

Any one here capable of making a decent counter-argument or is it all half-assed 1 sentence attempts at humor?

Is there a REAL question here or just another conspiracy rant?

This whole "future democrats" theory is just fucking creepy. Are you admitting that conservatives have no plan to show immigrants opportunity?

Why would South American children grow up to automatically vote Democrat? What a weird and short sided fear to have...

Is there a REAL question here or just another conspiracy rant?

This whole "future democrats" theory is just fucking creepy. Are you admitting that conservatives have no plan to show immigrants opportunity?

Why would South American children grow up to automatically vote Democrat? What a weird and short sided fear to have...

Well let's see:

Democrats give amnesty/citizenship/free benefits to 20 million illegal immigrants - who will said immigrants most likely vote for???

But if it makes you happy, the republicans like the cheap labor, so I guess John Q Public is getting shafted from both ends.

No human being is illegal. :up:

No humans aren't illegal, however they commit a crime by entering the country illegally, hence the term "illegal immigrant."

Legal immigrant - gets visa paperwork properly and enters though a port of entry
Illegal immigrant - doesn't have proper paperwork and crosses the border without inspection, a crime under the INA.

It's not like "oh they're illegal immigrants, it's ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO LIVE!!!!!!"

I haven't read up on this, but how can these people be illegal immigrants when Customs and Border Protection officials has processed them all the intended immigrants?
Wouldn't that just make them normal immigrants?

Well let's see:

Democrats give amnesty/citizenship/free benefits to 20 million illegal immigrants - who will said immigrants most likely vote for???

But if it makes you happy, the republicans like the cheap labor, so I guess John Q Public is getting shafted from both ends.

Was this Reagan's big plan as well? How did it work for him?

I haven't read up on this, but how can these people be illegal immigrants when Customs and Border Protection officials has processed them all the intended immigrants?
Wouldn't that just make them normal immigrants?
I completely misread :p
Never mind

The USA has a clear immigration problem that has to be addressed. It's basically already out of hand.

It's just unfortunate that so many people who scream the loudest about it basically have to sound racist or like they are foaming at the mouth (see initial post). Is it any wonder that rational people haven't yet managed to come up with a practical fix-all?

Dude, you suck at satire.

Don't quit your day job.

Don't quit my day job? Wow that's a good one.

Gee, since I suck so much can I pick YOUR brain on satire and sarcasm? Can I? Can I? Can I? Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseee????????

People legally immigrant to the United States every year.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, the United States accepted 1,062,040 legal permanent residents in fiscal year 2011, a number that has been fairly steady over the past few years.

People legally immigrant to the United States every year.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, the United States accepted 1,062,040 legal permanent residents in fiscal year 2011, a number that has been fairly steady over the past few years.

92,228,531 people were in the United States a hundred years ago (1910 census) and neither any of them or any of their ancestors were subject to any immigration laws. You wanted to come here, you came here.

I don't understand why any of us or our ancestors are better than the people currently trying to come here or are here illegally. I have this conversation with my dad all the time. I get why a 72-year old country boy who grew up in a certain era might feel this way...but people roughly my age and younger?

I live in the Mexican part of my city, surrounded by "illegals". Most of them are damn good people. I feel like they should have a shot to be citizens. Get them on the roll and paying taxes. We're not any better than they are but especially not based on where we were - physically and geographically - when our mother's gave birth to us.

If I were them, I'd be doing the same thing.

92,228,531 people were in the United States a hundred years ago (1910 census) and neither any of them or any of their ancestors were subject to any immigration laws. You wanted to come here, you came here.

I don't understand why any of us or our ancestors are better than the people currently trying to come here or are here illegally. I have this conversation with my dad all the time. I get why a 72-year old country boy who grew up in a certain era might feel this way...but people roughly my age and younger?

I live in the Mexican part of my city, surrounded by "illegals". Most of them are damn good people. I feel like they should have a shot to be citizens. Get them on the roll and paying taxes. We're not any better than they are but especially not based on where we were - physically and geographically - when our mother's gave birth to us.

If I were them, I'd be doing the same thing.

Hmm lets see:

World Population in 1910 - Approx 1.75 Billion

World Population in 2014 - Approx 7.2 Billion

So by your thinking we should have NO immigration laws and let ANYONE who want's to come here that wants to, including those without a pot to piss in (nor any sort of skill or trade) from 3rd world nations. And when they come here and can't support themselves (I know, impossible in this job market :rolleyes:) who is going to support them? How about we take 50-75% or more of YOUR wages if you feel that strongly about it?

And also by that logic you are comfortable with rapists, murderers, and career criminals immigrating here without any of those pesky immigration laws, right?

And also all the people with incurable and/or contagious diseases and STDs can all come too right? Maybe we can all pay for their treatment as well.

Rapists are bad. But we also should be mindful not to provoke them in any way.

bigjohn, you bring up a good point. Are diseases considered(and if so which ones), and how in our legal immigration process?

Is how they pay the bills considered?

What is exactly considered in the legal process and is it fair, is it enough?

bigjohn, you bring up a good point. Are diseases considered(and if so which ones), and how in our legal immigration process?

Is how they pay the bills considered?

What is exactly considered in the legal process and is it fair, is it enough?

Yes and yes.

Accoring to 8 USC 1182 any "alien" with a disease of "public health significance" is inadmissable. Also any "alien" that is or will become a "public charge", that is someone that will become dependant on government services, is also inadmissable.

That being said, it is up to the consulate officer to decide who gets the visa and who doesnt.

The rape/violence/disease/blahblahblah shit is one of my favourite straw men. I always forget that white people have never committed any crimes or been sick.

Lol typical libtard logic. Miss the whole point and resort to personal attacks and play the race card.

so predictable.

Yes and yes.

Accoring to 8 USC 1182 any "alien" with a disease of "public health significance" is inadmissable. Also any "alien" that is or will become a "public charge", that is someone that will become dependant on government services, is also inadmissable.

That being said, it is up to the consulate officer to decide who gets the visa and who doesnt.

So there is no testing or screening?

Back
Top Bottom