If I cannot thrive among them, then I will destroy them all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
My Twisted World The Story of Elliot Rodger
By Elliot Rodger

Introduction

Humanity…
All of my suffering on this world has been at the hands of humanity, particularly women. It has made me realize just how brutal and twisted humanity is as a species. All I ever wanted was to fit in and live a happy life amongst humanity, but I was cast out and rejected, forced to endure an existence of loneliness and insignificance, all because the females of the human species were incapable of seeing the value in me.

This is the story of how I, Elliot Rodger, came to be. This is the story of my entire life. It is a dark story of sadness, anger, and hatred. It is a story of a war against cruel injustice. In this magnificent story, I will disclose every single detail about my life, every single significant experience that I have pulled from my superior memory, as well as how those experiences have shaped my views of the world. This tragedy did not have to happen. I didn’t want things to turn out this way, but humanity forced my hand, and this story will explain why. My life didn’t start out dark and twisted. I started out as a happy and blissful child, living my life to the fullest in a world I thought was good and pure…

My Twisted World The Story of Elliot Rodger

I can't deny how much the thought of how close this was to me is scaring the ever loving shit out of me. It's terrifying to think that you can be doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and someone could just shoot you down right there. I know that's a little naive a way to put it, I just can't help but keep remembering that I've been to Santa Barbara, that I can go there right now, if I wanted to. It just wasn't that far away and that startled me a great deal.

Bloke was a disgusting white supremacist too, judging by that manifesto. Some frightening stuff there.

'Mountains of skulls, rivers of blood...': Elliot Rodger's chilling video rant in full - as if shot for a movie | Mail Online

One less fucked up individual in this world.
It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me but I will punish you all for it. It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman. I will punish all of you for it.
I'm a college student who hasn't been in a proper relationship, and it's unfortunate that many people in situations like this one just can't move on. Instead, they just let it take over them, and it screws them up. Personally, there's more to getting girls than flying first-class, owning a BMW, and telling the world that your father was an assistant director in "The Hunger Games". No such thing as sympathy for an individual who has an intention of destroying females, just because they simply rejected him. Really fucked up.

I just read/skimmed through that little novel of his. Thank God, is all I can say, that he didn't completely go through with his plan. Jesus.

Heard it on the radio, my god this is creepy as fuck.... how can someone be so sick and twisted and filled with self importance that they feel the need to punish those who don't see how 'perfect' he is? If that isn't some kind of narcissistic personality disorder then I don't know what is. :yikes:

To be honest, he sounds like any other Men's Rights Activist I've seen all over the internet (self obsessed, self loathing yet arrogant at the same time, disgust for those who don't do what he does), the difference being how he ended up dealing with that hatred for all women.

Note that in his manifesto, not once does he talk about the personalities of his 'dream woman,' only the physical characteristics that make the girl just an object to him. A ridiculous sense of entitlement to everything (ie. spilling coffee on a couple just because they dared to be in a relationship in front of him) which unfortunately still is something all too common today (although a lot of it is on a lesser scale than Rodgers').

I find this hard to specifically pin on MRAs, even though I loathe them. It seems much more an obsession with himself and his own privilege, he deserves to be richer, when he was obviously very well off. I mean he proclaims himself divine at various points. Women are just another object to own. The racism and misogyny are just expressions of his frustrations at how people are not recognising how perfect he really is. From the sounds of things he was even disliked on the MRA haunts he visited on the internet, which takes some doing.

Guy just very obviously had mental health issues from quite a young age, that were being tackled too late to do much about.

What is really odd, is that I don't think any women actually openly rejected him. I don't think he ever asked a women on a date or for any of these other things he desires. I think he had some sort of fear or extreme shyness about women. A fear that he was deeply inadequate in their eyes and deep fear that he would be rejected if he ever tried to test his theory. This was all in his mind.
Say a prayer for the victims and their families and friends.

I read as much of his 'story' as I could stand, mainly due to it's repetitiveness. But I think your right in that he didn't have any meaningful interactions with girls his age. I can't think of one instance where he actually spoke to one. He expected them to gravitate towards him.

Which goes towards narcissism disorder as well... we should pay because we did not see him for the god he was, in his own eyes.
It's really terrifying that society nowadays produces these thoughts within people. I keep wondering though, if this is a sort of by product of the 'revere your child' upbringing that is occuring more frequently these days. If children are never told they're wrong, if they are constantly told how amazing and awesome they are... is it any wonder they develop narcissistic traits?

It has sparked #YesAllWomen on social media, so at least some remote good has come of it.

I'm a bloke who's been "friendzoned" a few times, I too have never been in a "proper relationship", whatever the hell that is. But it's like "nice guys of OK Cupid" thing. If you're a man who's not getting anywhere with women and then you start whinging about women and how you're a nice guy and why don't they go for nice guys, then you're actually an asshole, not nice at all.

I had an argument last year with a naive young girl who was telling us all about how men are discriminated against... like if a man and a woman are walking along a path, and then the woman crosses to the other side, how unfair that is, because she's presuming he's a rapist, when he might actually be a really nice guy.

There have been numerous times where I've got off at my tram stop with a random woman, often late at night and then we both walk in the same direction home, and she will be walking ahead and look behind and start walking faster, or cross to the other side. And this girl was like "don't you find that annoying? Offensive?" Well fuck no. I am potential threat. I could be a rapist. Statistically it's a reasonable likelihood. She's taking measures to make sure she's safe and doesn't get raped. In the past fortnight alone three women have been sexually assaulted in my area, and that's the ones we've heard about.

Which goes towards narcissism disorder as well... we should pay because we did not see him for the god he was, in his own eyes.
It's really terrifying that society nowadays produces these thoughts within people. I keep wondering though, if this is a sort of by product of the 'revere your child' upbringing that is occuring more frequently these days. If children are never told they're wrong, if they are constantly told how amazing and awesome they are... is it any wonder they develop narcissistic traits?

From what I read of his little autobiography (I wouldn't necessarily call it a manifesto), this didn't have much to do with outside forces, he seemed to internalize almost all of this. I'm not going to backseat diagnose him, or anything, but from what I was reading, even as a young child, he had a sentiment in his head that there were "cool" kids and that the best things in life happen to the people who are "cool" and that this was a status he had to attain. Once he hit puberty, it was basically just a leaf off of that same branch. Cool kids get hot chicks, so he needed a hot chick to be part of his cool collection. One of his parents was attentive, and didn't sound to be anything beyond the ordinary, the other parent was very inattentive, so I don't necessarily think it was that.

And as was highlighted in the article I shared and has been pointed out here, even the "MRA" community he hung out in thought he was fairly messed up. Not excusing anyone, but he hated both sexes fairly equally. Women for not being with him and men for being with the women he couldn't have.

I watched his little video. Might be the scariest thing I've ever seen/heard.

He saw way too many movies. He wrote everything in there over 100+ pages and it still sounded fucking stupid when he said it out loud. So corny.

Mountains of skulls? Six fatalities. But one less self absorbed piece of shit taking up space.

Last edited:
There have been numerous times where I've got off at my tram stop with a random woman, often late at night and then we both walk in the same direction home, and she will be walking ahead and look behind and start walking faster, or cross to the other side. And this girl was like "don't you find that annoying? Offensive?" Well fuck no. I am potential threat. I could be a rapist. Statistically it's a reasonable likelihood. She's taking measures to make sure she's safe and doesn't get raped. In the past fortnight alone three women have been sexually assaulted in my area, and that's the ones we've heard about.
thank you. i hate when the majority or those in the apparent position of power act like they have a right to be up in arms, whether it's over gender, race, any kind of issue. then it gets turned around to them like they're some kind of hero for not doing the thing you're supposed to do anyway (well hey, i'm not a rapist/misogynist/homophobe). that's all great, it is. but that's not really the issue. the issue isn't that there's good people in the world who aren't jerks, it's that there's people who are.

as for the video itself and his "manifesto", i feel like there's nothing i can say that's very eloquent or anything that hasn't already been said. this guy was clearly a monster and oblivious to how he was likely perceived by others. once you reach a certain age of your life (assuming you desire to be in a relationship, some don't) and you've never had any sort of affection in a sexual way, even if it's just a kiss, there's a common thread: you, not everyone else around you.

that might not be a bad thing, just that you need to branch out. maybe you're incredibly shy and aren't good at face-to-face interactions and would do better at online dating websites. maybe you're spending too much time with the wrong group of friends and the places you go aren't conducive to meeting potential partners. or in this guy's case, solely judging his personality from this video and his writings, he was a very awkward guy yet expected to be able to completely dominate a woman and likely came off as a complete jerk. given that he kept focusing on the "blonde bimbo" types, perhaps the reason he couldn't get a girlfriend was also because his standards were too high. who knows.

but instead of taking a hard look at himself and figuring out why he couldn't get women, and seeing if he needed to change something about himself, he looked outward. clearly it's the rest of the world's fault for not instantly recognising this man was a sex god (even though he had no proof of this) and women should've been throwing themselves at him. but only the blonde bimbos. no fat chicks.

They're the ONLY WOMEN HE WAS ATTRACTED TOOO!!!!

or something to that effect. Again, I read way too much of his shit last night.

as for the video itself and his "manifesto", i feel like there's nothing i can say that's very eloquent or anything that hasn't already been said. this guy was clearly a monster and oblivious to how he was likely perceived by others. once you reach a certain age of your life (assuming you desire to be in a relationship, some don't) and you've never had any sort of affection in a sexual way, even if it's just a kiss, there's a common thread: you, not everyone else around you.

that might not be a bad thing, just that you need to branch out. maybe you're incredibly shy and aren't good at face-to-face interactions and would do better at online dating websites. maybe you're spending too much time with the wrong group of friends and the places you go aren't conducive to meeting potential partners. or in this guy's case, solely judging his personality from this video and his writings, he was a very awkward guy yet expected to be able to completely dominate a woman and likely came off as a complete jerk. given that he kept focusing on the "blonde bimbo" types, perhaps the reason he couldn't get a girlfriend was also because his standards were too high. who knows.

but instead of taking a hard look at himself and figuring out why he couldn't get women, and seeing if he needed to change something about himself, he looked outward. clearly it's the rest of the world's fault for not instantly recognising this man was a sex god (even though he had no proof of this) and women should've been throwing themselves at him. but only the blonde bimbos. no fat chicks.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of guys like Rodger. I've met a few over the years, and they are both freakish and scary. Freakish because of their appalling social skills and inability to realize that what they say or do is inappropriate. They are also scary because of their obsession with getting a girlfriend and their anger towards women for not succeeding. Of course, when they say they want a girlfriend, what they really want is to get laid. These guys have a weird combination of low self-esteem yet also have a narcissistic sense that they deserve sex round the clock. I can't even wrap my mind around that mentality a lot of guys have. Even worse, they swear they're nice guys. That's both hilarious and absurd. Sadly, I have a feeling Rodger won't be the last guy like this to take "revenge" against women. There's just too many guys like him. Even some guys who get the idea that self-esteem and confidence are a way to attract women seem bitter that they have to work for women's attention. Jeez....

I find this hard to specifically pin on MRAs, even though I loathe them. It seems much more an obsession with himself and his own privilege, he deserves to be richer, when he was obviously very well off. I mean he proclaims himself divine at various points. Women are just another object to own. The racism and misogyny are just expressions of his frustrations at how people are not recognising how perfect he really is. From the sounds of things he was even disliked on the MRA haunts he visited on the internet, which takes some doing.
I think this is letting the MRAs off the hook a bit. Because even while they may have been responding directly to a few of his posts by saying they thought he was a bit off, he was still exposed to the rest of their literature in which they probably confirmed a lot of his own thoughts about how unfair women are to men.

MRAs deserve every bit of criticism they get, and there appears to be some real solid evidence that they had some level of influence here.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of guys like Rodger. I've met a few over the years, and they are both freakish and scary. Freakish because of their appalling social skills and inability to realize that what they say or do is inappropriate. They are also scary because of their obsession with getting a girlfriend and their anger towards women for not succeeding.

The thing that strikes me about Rodger is that he never actually tried. In all of his huge manifesto, he never once talks about actually trying to get to know a girl, or show interest in one beyond superficial looks. There was one section where he mentions that a beautiful girl smiled at him, and he was so happy, but then later on in the day became depressed because he was sure that girl would never actually go out with him. Well, how the hell would she if you won't even try?

In his twisted world view, simply being an attractive white male should be enough to make women try to be his girlfriend, without him putting any effort in at all. He viewed women not as equals with free agency to make their own choices, but as mere accessories that he should have gained due to his perceived status. It's one thing to be all woe-is-me defeatist if you've actually tried to engage with women as equals and consistently struck out. At least then you're not objectifying women and treating them as inferior beings who should be so lucky as to be your girlfriend. But he was so far up the misogynistic MRA/PUA rabbit hole that he couldn't see that his so-called "tortuous" life was entirely his own doing.

Obviously hanging expensive sunglasses from his shirt collar everywhere he went while imitating a combination of the creepiest characters ever played by Cillian Murphy should have been enough.

I think this is letting the MRAs off the hook a bit. Because even while they may have been responding directly to a few of his posts by saying they thought he was a bit off, he was still exposed to the rest of their literature in which they probably confirmed a lot of his own thoughts about how unfair women are to men.

MRAs deserve every bit of criticism they get, and there appears to be some real solid evidence that they had some level of influence here.

MRAs do deserve lots of criticism, after reading a bit more about this situation, I quite agree with you. But our current culture remains quite misogynistic, MRAs aren't created in a vacuum, it's easy to pin it on the MRAs without looking at how our wider culture probably created them.

I think I was probably wrong to look to blame this on a possible mental illness, that in itself does a disservice to people with mental health issues. Plus there are plenty of people who do bad things for extreme reasons, with no mental health problems. As has been pointed out to me, a muslim kills people, it's a terrorism problem (the man who killed the soldier in London in last year, has a history of mental health problems), black man kills someone, it's problem with a thuggish culture, white (or white presenting since Elliot was half asian) it's obviously just mental health.

It's really an intersection of a number of things that created this guy, racism and misogyny still prevalent in our culture and an unknown degree of mental health issues, you can probably throw in easy access to guns in there for good measure to. Chicken and egg scenario, though the misogyny does seem fairly decisive.

Back
Top Bottom