i kissed a man (and i didn't even throw up!) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:01 PM
I'm attracted to men but honestly I couldn't say that two men kissing is far less distasteful to me than two women. I don't know, I always wonder how much the whole issue is different for males and females and for what reasons.

I'm not being critical of you at all, I guess I just don't completely understand that reasoning- just seeing it from my point of view. I don't think it's necessarily homophobic either.

MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #22
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:01 AM
I think differing reactions to female on female kissing and male on male kissing are cultural, men generally don't kiss other men under any circumstances (in at least culturally in the UK and US) other than when your a wee boy and your dad kisses you good night, but that stops when your about 6. Girls hug and kiss each other throughout life

That said I kiss some of my mates on the forehead or cheek...especially when tipsy, but also when not But we're a strange bunch in Belfast.

LJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
But we're a strange bunch in Belfast.
Well we already knew that

I do think part of it is cultural and has to do with the way some males are raised. Good point.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #24
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Tis a bit strange, we all went to Catholic primary and secondary schools, yet came out all quite liberal...most of my teachers were also quite liberal...my biology teacher was particularly strange in a great way, you could set her off talking about her love of Eddie Izzard for hours, if you wanted a break in class you just had to mention his name and she would recite his standup

Anyway on topic...it's always going to be an incremental thing this idea two guys kissing is not 'ewww', I mean even in relatively liberal Europe people are still getting used to the idea of gay couples to a certain extent, and I imagine it's still more so in the states. It will all hopefully move forward.
LJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I'm attracted to men but honestly I couldn't say that two men kissing is far less distasteful to me than two women. I don't know, I always wonder how much the whole issue is different for males and females and for what reasons.

I'm not being critical of you at all, I guess I just don't completely understand that reasoning- just seeing it from my point of view. I don't think it's necessarily homophobic either.
It's not really reasoning though...it's more just my personal response. Trying to avoid making anyone (including myself) blush here. . .but, I would say I don't get guys that are hyped up to see girl on girl action. There's not something espeically exciting about that for me.

I think it might simply boil down to the fact that because I'm attracted to women and not men, seeing a women involved in sexual behavior is going to be more appealing to me than seeing men involved in the same thing.

I don't think it is rational. It just is.
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

I was finally able to see Milk over the weekend -it's out on DVD tomorrow for anyone who is interested. I saw it in a theater that's still showing it.

I thought it was moving and Sean Penn definitely deserved that Oscar. I just wonder what the real reasons were for Dan White killing those men-not that there is any acceptable reason of course but what his real feelings and motives were I suppose. Was it more personal jealousy and insecurity than anything else? I know he was into his "family values" and all that. I read that he was allegedly depressed-so his lawyers said it was diminished capacity.

I can't believe that Dan White was found guilty of just manslaughter
Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
The Fly

Personally, I find it funny as hell, just because if the men are straight and from America, they're often so uncomfortable with the idea that they look comical.

And I can understand where a man would find it repulsive. They aren't raised here with the idea of two men being physically affectionate with each other.
Dirty Olde Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #28
Refugee

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
It's not really reasoning though...it's more just my personal response. Trying to avoid making anyone (including myself) blush here. . .but, I would say I don't get guys that are hyped up to see girl on girl action. There's not something espeically exciting about that for me.

I think it might simply boil down to the fact that because I'm attracted to women and not men, seeing a women involved in sexual behavior is going to be more appealing to me than seeing men involved in the same thing.

I don't think it is rational. It just is.
For me, it is the opposite, since I am attracted to men. Though, I don't mind a gay scene in a film, if it is well portrayed. A movie that comes to mind is Philadelphia. The end, was very touching. I couldn't stop crying.
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
For me, it is the opposite, since I am attracted to men. Though, I don't mind a gay scene in a film, if it is well portrayed. A movie that comes to mind is Philadelphia. The end, was very touching. I couldn't stop crying.
Oh geez, don't even start me on the ending to that movie. I cried a lot. It was the same with Brokeback. On a side note, I've never really understood what straight guys get out of watching 2 girls make out, until I saw the movie A Home at the End of the World with Colin Farrell. He's bisexual in the movie and ends up dancing then kissing one of his best guy friends in a really tender, beautiful scene. It was incredibly sexy to me as a straight woman. Then again, there's usually nothing tender or beautiful about 2 drunk girls making out, so I still don't understand the phenomena of guys being so into that. None of my ex-boyfriends or my guy friends can seem to explain that to me.
U2isthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #30
The Fly

It's technically 'forboten', therefore it is tantalizing. Think about it: how many people here drool over U2? Why? Because we have no access to them other than concerts/vids/meet and greets. If we actually were in their lives, we'd probably not be all that interested. They're unattainable, and therefore desirable. Usually, anyway.
Dirty Olde Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Probably not the exact place to post this but..When will this happen in male professional American sports? Pudge Rodriguez used to kiss his teammates-not on the mouth/lips. Don't know if he still does, but I always liked that. Maybe some of those European soccer players are more free and secure in that way-and I for one am REALLY glad about that The Red Sox need to start making out right now, they've got nothing better to do and maybe it would help.

But to call it gay? Geesh. Get over it and embrace it dude.

Manchester United earned a key victory Saturday, in large part due to a late goal from midfielder Paul Scholes. After the game, he embraced teammate Gary Neville and began to kiss the captain.

Kisses between teammates after an important victory are not unheard of, but apparently one ESPN Soccernet editor read more deeply into the moment. He posted a picture of the pair smooching on Soccernet and named the file "nevillegay." As Dirty Tackle points out, the name was later changed to "nevillekiss" and was ultimately taken off the site when more recent news replaced Man U's victory.

Wow

Pudge

Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:01 AM
It's the first time I see it for European soccer players. But then again, I don't follow sports news that closely to know how common kissing is in soccer. Though I can well imagine it's not unheard of.
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I honestly have no problem seeing two men or two women kiss. I have been made to understand this is a little more acceptable over in other countries (heck, aren't there Middle Eastern countries where men greet each other with a kiss on the cheek or something?). Believe me, I'd much rather see two guys sharing a sweet moment than see that clip from TV the other night of Larry King and his recent ex-wife making out, let's just put it that way.

Quote:
Women actors who've kissed other women in love scenes, meanwhile, sound like an enlightened other species in interviews about kissing.
Let's not forget the fact that it's okay to hear them talk about it, 'cause it's really, really hot!

I have yet to see "Milk" and "Brokeback Mountain", too. I really want to see those two movies-will try to catch them sometime down the line. And to James Franco and other people who don't see this as that big a deal.

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:01 PM
yucky, makes me uncomfortable

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SufN-Q_Vy2...le_Kissing.jpg

I only want to see people kissing that I would be attracted to

http://www.mpreviews.com/eroticblog/...ls-kissing.jpg

deep is offline   Reply With Quote