Hugo Chavez has months to live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh ya, my mistake. You're the one with the authority issues

Yea, I'm the one with the authority issues.

I have a major problem with anyone in a position of power who oversteps their boundaries and infringes on people's rights.

I would think that everyone has authority issues in that case.

But when see everything coloured that way, it's impossible to be objective.

Either way, not important. Let's let the thread get back on topic with more sexy drawings

But when see everything coloured that way, it's impossible to be objective.

Either way, not important. Let's let the thread get back on topic with more sexy drawings

I'm just as objective as everyone else here. It just so happens to be that this is one issue that I care about, much like you probably have one issue that you feel strongly about. I agree it's impossible to be completely objective, but that is for everyone, not just me. On the other hand, some things are black and white. On the OWS issue, it was so obviously wrong the way some of the people were being handled by police. You may think I'm not objective, but it might surprise you to know that I don't even agree with the protests, and my sympathies lie with the Wall Street in the whole OWS fiasco.

But agreed, let's get back on topic. I won't post about this anymore, and if you still want to discuss, feel free to PM me.

I don't really understand why people think succession issues would be a big deal. Venuzuela is a democratic country that has voluntarily chose a left wing path to govern its affairs and will likely to continue to do so. The country has nothing in common with places like North Korea or Iraq under Saddam.

It is true that Chavez has built tactical alliances with some rather unsavoury people, but that is somewhat understandable given the large and threatening superpower to his north. The US has a lamentable record of interfering in the affairs of sovereign countries in South America and trying to impose, using brutal force and thuggery of proxy terrorists and far right militia, its extreme form of capitalism - a far worse record, incidentally, than the Soviet Union did in places like Czechoslovakia.

The US has a lamentable record of interfering in the affairs of sovereign countries in South America and trying to impose, using brutal force and thuggery of proxy terrorists and far right militia, its extreme form of capitalism - a far worse record, incidentally, than the Soviet Union did in places like Czechoslovakia.

:wink:

The US has a lamentable record of interfering in the affairs of sovereign countries in South America and trying to impose, using brutal force and thuggery of proxy terrorists and far right militia, its extreme form of capitalism - a far worse record, incidentally, than the Soviet Union did in places like Czechoslovakia.

Yes, the U.S. supported non-communist coups d'état in S American to stop the spread of Soviet influenced communism into the Western Hemisphere. The same communism that rolled 2000 tanks into Czechoslovakia one evening in 1968. But you're right, it wasn't so bad.

41DC6E7C-9EFC-4A5A-B067-A651D8775089_mw800_s.jpg

To borrow a phrase from Czechoslovakia's Vaclav Havel: don't "live within the lie."

Ok, so it's posting pics time, is it?

If you want to play that game, fine. You started.

iraqphosphorus1.jpg

eb3f4e639dbeb4935128.jpeg

Vietnam_Agent_Orange_2.jpg

f11100a2002.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UodJB1tRNVE&ob=av2e

Why don't we liberate these United States,
We're the ones that need it worst.
Let the rest of the world help us for a change,
And let's rebuild America first.

Our highways an' bridges are fallin' apart:
Who's blessed an' who has been cursed?
There's things to be done all over the world,
But let's rebuild America first.

Who's on the Hill and who's watchin' the valley?
An' who's in charge of it all?
God bless the army an' God bless our liberty,
And dadgum the rest of it all.

Yeah, men in position are backin' away:
Freedom is stuck in reverse.
Let's get out of Iraq an' get back on the track,
And let's rebuild America first.

Why don't we liberate these United States,
We're the ones who need it the most.
You think I'm blowin smoke? Boys it ain't no joke.
I make twenty trips a year from coast to coast.

Achtung11 said:
You drew that? Nice! :up:

Haha nope not mine, unfortunately. My drawing would be much more crude, both in style and content :(

Don't call sopa on me!

The Venezuelan nightmare is finally over.

Come on Dfit00, you can't say that seriously, maybe he did have his bad things as all the presidents have, no one is perfect, but he did good too.
I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw in the news that the Venezuelans in Miami were "celebrating" his death, I think it's awful.

Back
Top Bottom