How to split up the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliEnvy

Refugee
Some of the doom and gloomers have empire US breaking up into regions - but how many would there be and what would they look like?

Very cool Facebook map in this link that has some expected and surprising connections among regions.

PeteSearch: How to split up the US

Stayathomia
Dixie
Greater Texas
Mormonia
Nomadic West
Socalitan
Pacifica

I just think we should create an island for the tea baggers, we'd be pretty well off without them.

They could call it "Real America".

They could establish a theocracy with no taxes.

They could build the biggest walls they want, for no one would visit.

They can own all the guns they want.

And they can ban all non-whites and homosexuals.

And the rest of the world can make bets as to how long they'll survive.

It's a win win... economy saved, hatred gone, life is good.

I just think we should create an island for the tea baggers, we'd be pretty well off without them.

They could call it "Real America".

They could establish a theocracy with no taxes.

They could build the biggest walls they want, for no one would visit.

They can own all the guns they want.

And they can ban all non-whites and homosexuals.

And the rest of the world can make bets as to how long they'll survive.

It's a win win... economy saved, hatred gone, life is good.

LOL, you make it sound like the tea baggers are the worlds #1 problem.

*sarcasm alert*

Well they're everything that's wrong with America, and America or the hatred of is the cause of all the world's problem... so can't we just deduce that they are the world's #1 problem?

*sarcasm alert*

6a00d83454428269e20120a86baaf6970b-800wi

it is a pretty image

Mormonia

The only region that's completely surrounded by another cluster, Mormonia mostly consists of Utah towns that are highly connected to each other, with an offshoot in Eastern Idaho. It's worth separating from the rest of the West because of how interwoven the communities are, and how relatively unlikely they are to have friends outside the region.

It won't be any surprise to see that LDS-related pages like Thomas S. Monson, Gordon B. Hinckley and The Book of Mormon are at the top of the charts. I didn't expect to see Twilight showing up quite so much though, I have no idea what to make of that! Glenn Beck makes it into the top spot for Eastern Idaho.

Is the writer of this article that uninformed.

The Twilight author is LDS and the books and films are huge there. Of course the book has no pre-marital sex.

On a more serious note regarding remapping (for those interested, sorry, don't mean to hijack)

What states might look like if, as with Congressional districts, their borders were periodically redrawn to reflect population changes. Click for larger version.

This map is by Neil Freeman from FakeIsTheNewReal.org. It's based on a division of the country into 50 state units with more-or-less equal population -- 5 to 6 million apiece -- and preserving existing boundaries where possible. (As with the new state of "Missouri.") I love many of the other state names -- Lincoln, Joaquin, Tombigbee. My childhood home would have been along the border of Coronado and Mojave. In a reapportioned Senate each of these units would have two votes.

In the same spirit of "zero-based governance," also consider H. Res. 1018, introduced this week in the House of Representatives, calling on the Senate -- please! -- to drop the recent aberrational practice of applying the filibuster to all legislation, and instead to reserve it for rare, emergency use. Or, as its authors put it, "Requesting the Senate to adjust its rules to reflect the intent of the framers of the Constitution by amending the Senate's filibuster rule, Rule 22, to facilitate the consideration of bills and amendments." Worth a shot!

Back
Top Bottom