Harriet Tubman New Face of the $20 - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,293
Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.



My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.

I think they're just the louder ones in the room. We've seen a "silent majority" before, and I'm willing to bet you're seeing it again.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,099
Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.

My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.
You're thinking way too short term. 8 years is not the amount of time necessary to shift an entire paradigm.
__________________

__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
But we thought this in 2012 and in 2008 as well. And now there has been an even bigger lurch to the right and there is a very real possibility Donald Fucking Trump will be president of the USA. The #NeverTrump crowd are that scared that Cruz and Kasich are now working together.



My point is I don't necessarily think that what you are saying is true. It's a very nice thought, and it would be amazing, but I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.

Like I said, it's only if they learn. As I've been saying for awhile; so far they've been too stupid to learn from their mistakes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:23 PM   #84
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,721
Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
You're thinking way too short term. 8 years is not the amount of time necessary to shift an entire paradigm.
True. And it is comforting to me to see someone like Bernie Sanders get so popular, even if he is running out of steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Like I said, it's only if they learn. As I've been saying for awhile; so far they've been too stupid to learn from their mistakes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
But I'm saying I don't think they need to learn and change. It would be nice, but I think there is still (clearly) huge support for bigotry, fearmongering, the tactics they've been using.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:57 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post







But I'm saying I don't think they need to learn and change. It would be nice, but I think there is still (clearly) huge support for bigotry, fearmongering, the tactics they've been using.

Except they're losing. Trump doesn't have the numbers for the general election. Trump and his supporters make a lot noise, but at the end of the day they're losing. And if you look at his demographic; they're dwindling.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 11:35 PM
I always wanted to see biopic of Jackson starring Al Pacino


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #87
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 897
Local Time: 12:35 AM
It's gonna take several years until the Reserve starts printing these new U$20 bills with Tubman's face, don't get too hyped.

How long is it gonna take to get Obama's face in a bill now?
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Because the Republican and Democratic parties of back then are completely analagous to the same parties of today.

I agree. It has been all been turned upside down.

From Libertarian - Christian - Facebook:


Modern liberalism shares no resemblance to its classical form. It is now a disciple of the state and an advocate for collectivism. I am not speaking of every individual who may accept the label of liberal but rather those who advocate its ideology. It stands in conflict with every major tenet of this country’s founding.

At its core, liberalism despises individual freedoms. These freedoms demand the responsible moral behavior of the individual. The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.

Capitalism provides the opportunity for individual ownership and independence and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Masculinity and ownership of guns are a symbol of individual power and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.

The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves. It is at the heart of every institution they control and every policy they advocate.

Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #89
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I agree. It has been all been turned upside down.



From Libertarian - Christian - Facebook:





Modern liberalism shares no resemblance to its classical form. It is now a disciple of the state and an advocate for collectivism. I am not speaking of every individual who may accept the label of liberal but rather those who advocate its ideology. It stands in conflict with every major tenet of this country’s founding.



At its core, liberalism despises individual freedoms. These freedoms demand the responsible moral behavior of the individual. The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.



Capitalism provides the opportunity for individual ownership and independence and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Masculinity and ownership of guns are a symbol of individual power and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.



The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves. It is at the heart of every institution they control and every policy they advocate.



Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.

It's a shame you couldn't have responded in your own words. It's a little bit ironic, don't you think?


And it's a bigger shame that it's such a self righteous piece of bullshit, that is neither libertarian or Christian. I could explain, but we all know you don't engage.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 PM   #90
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,621
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Harriet Tubman New Face of the $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.

...



The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.

...



The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves.


Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.



Thanks for the chuckle.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:26 AM   #91
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,282
Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I agree. It has been all been turned upside down.

From Libertarian - Christian - Facebook:


Modern liberalism shares no resemblance to its classical form. It is now a disciple of the state and an advocate for collectivism. I am not speaking of every individual who may accept the label of liberal but rather those who advocate its ideology. It stands in conflict with every major tenet of this country’s founding.

At its core, liberalism despises individual freedoms. These freedoms demand the responsible moral behavior of the individual. The only freedoms liberalism advocates are sexual freedoms because what they truly seek is freedom from moral consequences.

Capitalism provides the opportunity for individual ownership and independence and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Masculinity and ownership of guns are a symbol of individual power and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. The Constitution and Bill or Rights are protectors of individual liberties and therefore are enemies of liberalism. Religion promotes moral right and wrong and therefore is an enemy of liberalism. Liberalism seeks to weaken the family structure because it is charged with producing moral individuals capable of governing themselves.

The goal is a collectivist society. The requirement for this is totalitarianism. None of the things they advocate can be accomplished through persuasion. They must be forced upon society through the power of the state. And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves. It is at the heart of every institution they control and every policy they advocate.

Proponents of liberalism are more persistent and committed than conservatives. Their politics is their religion and the state is their god. And they are willing to destroy you personally and this country to get what they want even if means ruling over the ruins.
So you guys still think the battle for LBGQT rights is about butt sex?

No wonder you nominated Trump.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,293
Local Time: 12:35 AM
Religion and capitalism are not related.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #93
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 10:35 PM
Harriet Tubman New Face of the $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I agree. It has been all been turned upside down.



From Libertarian - Christian - Facebook:



I took a look at this page, and once again you weren't exactly being honest with your sources were you?The page is "CONSERVATIVE Libertarian Christian" and it's a partisan hack page isn't? Out of the last dozen posts not one was about Christianity or Christ's teachings they were about delusional attacks on "progressives" and "liberals". If all you can talk about is what you are against and attack a scarecrow version of your boogie man you're not capable of sitting at the adult table of political discussion.

Masculinity, guns, and capitalism - this person worships these above anything else. Don't waste your time with such hacks.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
And the only way to get there is to destroy families, destroy morality, destroy religion, destroy capitalism and destroy people’s faith in freedom and their ability to protect and govern themselves. It is at the heart of every institution they control and every policy they advocate.
Nice, can't wait. Where do I sign up?
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 11:35 PM
I want 'the iron horse' on the 20 dollar bill


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #96
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,282
Local Time: 11:35 PM
Freedom of religion also protects the right to not believe in imaginary sky people. So there's that.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,941
Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I want 'the iron horse' on the 20 dollar bill
He's far too valuable for the 20

__________________

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×