Happy Labor Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irvine511

Blue Crack Supplier
hope everyone's enjoying the day off and is able to take a moment to be thankful for the wonderful things that unions built: sick leave, child labor laws, safer working conditions, and the weekend.

enjoy the day!

I went away to the beach for a few days, too crowded but I still enjoyed it. That's why I like going away later in Sept when kids are back in school.

Gorgeous weather here all weekend.

I got up at 5AM to work out, then worked for a few hours and then had a party at my house involving watching The Guild, playing Magic and then watching some dumb funny movie.

I think the weekend owes more to Henry Ford than to unions, but I hope everyone had a good one none the less

hope everyone's enjoying the day off and is able to take a moment to be thankful for the wonderful things that unions built: sick leave, child labor laws, safer working conditions, and the weekend.

enjoy the day!
amen!
even if occasionally some parts of a union go bad. :(

god, i remember TV adverts about wearing clothes with "the union Label " on them.. i was pretty young so i don't think i "got" it at that point.
i think this was def way before Reagen.

Thanks. My boss has me and my kids ripping asbestos out of our old lead smelting facility today. He says I have to make up the days I missed for my emergency appendectomy.

ugh! Are you wearing protective gear?!

Unfortunately Pres Reagen helped to set about the destruction of Unions.
And often when (most) Republicans back then controlled 2 of 3 branches of our government: Leglislative (House of Reps & Senate)/Executive often EITHER they'd cut inspectors for all manner of work safety, wages etc /Or Underfund what inspectors were there since Reagen.

Back
Top Bottom