Happy Channukah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Channukah to all our Jewish posters! :wave:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything, I was confused by his post at first too, but there's no sign of her having been banned, save a self-assigned "banning" from this forum.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything, I was confused by his post at first too, but there's no sign of her having been banned, save a self-assigned "banning" from this forum.

I didn't mean "whatever" for you..just the general whatever of why someone would say someone has been banned and they are posting under another login if they chose to leave or whatever. I don't know, it's a head scratcher. But stranger things happen here.

I didn't mean "whatever" for you..just the general whatever of why someone would say someone has been banned and they are posting under another login if they chose to leave or whatever. I don't know, it's a head scratcher. But stranger things happen here.

Ok, just checking, it easily could've come off that way.

i :heart: your ass!!

I'm quite fond of yours as well :flirt:

Losing Yolland's posts on FYM makes us all the poorer. I hope she'll reconsider.

Is there a reason why Yolland stopped posting in FYM?

Happy Hanukkah to all, indeed.

And as an aside, I'm a little vague on the difference between the spellings of Hanukkah. I've seen it spelled a number of different ways, and overheard a conversation the other night about how the different spellings reflected your devoutness. Can anyone unpack this mystery for me?

And as an aside, I'm a little vague on the difference between the spellings of Hanukkah. I've seen it spelled a number of different ways, and overheard a conversation the other night about how the different spellings reflected your devoutness. Can anyone unpack this mystery for me?

I think Channukah is just a romanised spelling, because of the letter khet at the start of the Hebrew word.

If you have a good parve challah recipe, that will make nice doughnuts. I fry the dough and then roll in cinnamon sugar. Yum!
Just don't make the same mistake I did the first time. I decided to make "doughnut holes" instead of doughnuts, and they were bigger than they should have been. They were beautifully cooked on the outside but inside, a raw, gooey mess. YUCK! If I'd tried to cook until done, it would have burned the outside.
Doughnut shapes are there for a reason--so that the hot oil can penetrate every part. If you make holes instead, keep them small. I bought both large and small circular dough cutters so I can make real doughnuts this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom