Happy Birthday America!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge425

Babyface
Its July 4th! Happy Birthday America! One could argue though that the United States real birthday or declaration of independence happened on April 19, 1775!

Happy 4th of July...wish I could partake in those BBQs with you today!

Happy July 4th!

May the revolution continue.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

~Thomas Jefferson

Happy 4th to all the Christians of America, and that one vaguely-Indian guy we think is alright as well. :clap:

We had people over to watch the fireworks from our 10th floor view. We had good southern BBQ and key lime pie.

Very hot today. 97 and no moving air, 100 tomorrow. That's like 38 for you metric folks. And humid.

Happy birthday, 'murica. You are good to me.

It got up to 44 C today with the humidity. That's 111 F to you American folk.
:sad: <----- That's my eyeballs sweating

Jive Turkey said:
It got up to 44 C today with the humidity. That's 111 F to you American folk.
:sad: <----- That's my eyeballs sweating

Liar. It never rises above 50f/10c in Canada. FACT. Now get back in your igloo.

Irvine511 said:
Liar. It never rises above 50f/10c in Canada. FACT. Now get back in your igloo.

It's not much more than that here in Vancouver, and it's glorious. 111f isn't far from the actual heat, before humidity, back in Austin.

We broke down and ran the AC yesterday, being a holiday and all. I can deal with the heat, but the humidity was starting to do damage (dryer not being able to dry clothes, dogs getting stinky, paint on doors getting stuck). Ran the AC *all* day and it was still 86 in the house but better than the 92 it was at midnight the night before and AC 86 feels more like 70 to me since it clears the humidity pretty well. The only problem is that now the dogs are really hyper because they're not half dead from heatstroke.

It was too hot to grill (charcoal) so we still have thawed burger. Probably won't happen tonight either since it's currently 104/40.

We did brave the heat and crowds for the firework show. Pic with a 5 year old super cheap point-and-shoot.
7509615912_66996216ef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom