Gordon Brown is toast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Mr Moore, who was sacked after raising concerns over excessive risk-taking at HBOS, said Mr Brown should be "held accountable for his failure to oversee the stability of the country".

Following his explosive evidence to the Commons Treasury Committee last week, Mr Moore said he is planning to send the MPs a further dossier of 30 documents which will point the finger of blame for the bust at Mr Brown.

After Mr Moore's revelations forced the resignation of the deputy chairman of the Financial Services Authority Sir James Crosby, Mr Brown told another parliamentary committee that HBOS's massive losses - estimated at more than £10 billion - were caused not by Government policy but by the bank's flawed business model.

But Mr Moore, who was head of risk at HBOS from 2002 to 2005, today told the Independent on Sunday: "The failure goes right to the heart of the system - to the internal supervisory system and right to the top of government.

"Brown must go. He cannot remain in office.

"He has presided over the biggest boom in the history of the country as well as one of the biggest busts.

Gordon Brown must go, says HBOS whistleblower Paul Moore - Telegraph

Oh, I hope it's true.

The next election will be bad for the UK

the BNP will do well which is a disgrace

Its time for something different - lib dems will never win (good job too) so Tories it is

I wish only the best for the folks in the U.K. Americans know all too well, bad politics for the past eight years and greedy wall street investors. Now, the rest of us working class heroes are left to pick up the pieces.

mr brown is "one-eyed Scottish idiot". He declared the end of 'boom and bust' economic cycles by encouraging the biggest debt-fuelled bubble in history.

mr brown is "one-eyed Scottish idiot". He declared the end of 'boom and bust' economic cycles by encouraging the biggest debt-fuelled bubble in history.

Yeah, not funny. And the fact that Jeremy Clarkson said it actually makes me want to like Gordon Brown. I like more than that racist, anyway :angry:

Factually correct, but I agree he shouldn't have said it. Didn't he apologise and then retract to just calling him an idiot.

Same still applies though...he can't take credit for economic transformation (or boom as it turns out) and blame the rest of the globe for the bust.

I just think saying something like that is counterproductive to your whole argument - I agree, Gordon Brown has done a lot wrong (although I wouldn't blame our current economic crisis completely on him...) but to say that, well, that makes him the victim. Detracts from the argument. Eclipse all his faults with his race. Nope, not a fan of bloody Clarkson and it doesn't matter that he said sorry - everyone is in total adoration of him, no one thinks what he said was wrong.

:lol: I just really hate that man.

Fair enough.

But I would still apportion more blame at the door of Brown. He came in as Chancellor with recovery from a minor recession well established, and has been at the helm ever since. My objection to him is that he takes us into this recession ill-prepared. He didn't save for a rainy day, mastered off balance sheet borrowings (through PFIs) to such a level that even astonishes the audit firms, and oversaw the FSA fail spectacularly in responding to regulate the CDOs and MBSs that fuelled the banking binge.

Labour's time is up

I wont vote labour again - i have seen to many undeserving people get handouts
Its time for some discipline and moral values to be returned to society

Even though my city is a working class city, i can see the Tories doing well

There's no such thing as society.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

But I would still apportion more blame at the door of Brown. He came in as Chancellor with recovery from a minor recession well established, and has been at the helm ever since. My objection to him is that he takes us into this recession ill-prepared. He didn't save for a rainy day, mastered off balance sheet borrowings (through PFIs) to such a level that even astonishes the audit firms, and oversaw the FSA fail spectacularly in responding to regulate the CDOs and MBSs that fuelled the banking binge.

I completely agree with this; while I don't believe he can be blamed for inducing the recession (this is a world issue and goes far deeper than mere British banks), more should have been done - more should be being done. I still maintain that a lot of this has to do with Thatchers deregulation of practically everything in the public domain she could get her hands on... yes, Labour should have remedied this misdemeanours, and they didn't.

Stuff the miners
how dare they hold the PM to ransom
she was 100% right
No one messes with Maggie, just ask Bobby Sands!

also Partygirl - why is my argument the contradiction?
I'm not saying where i live but until 1997 my constituency was Tory for 40 odd years
I can see the blue flag being restored soon

Stuff the miners
how dare they hold the PM to ransom
she was 100% right
No one messes with Maggie, just ask Bobby Sands!

also Partygirl - why is my argument the contradiction?
I'm not saying where i live but until 1997 my constituency was Tory for 40 odd years
I can see the blue flag being restored soon

You fight for the improvement of society, and you support a party which denies society even exists.
You want "better rights for hard working people" and then you say "stuff the miners."
You say that no one messes with Maggie, then you say "how dare they hold the PM to ransom." Do you really think they had the capacity?

You're a bag of contradictions, madforit, and it's quite hard to take when you're spouting ignorance. At least try and sound as though you know what you're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom