Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mayor Mario Brothers Villain .

wall-stickers-for-kids-king-bowser.jpg

the options to unseat Bowser as the democratic nominee - which is the only race that matters because, come on, let's be real, a republican is never winning here - is a guy who continues to advocate for shrinking the size of the metro police in the face of skyrocketing violent crime numbers, or an anti-vaxer who posts Rothschild conspiracy theories on his social media accounts.

Welcome to DC.

Georgetown?

where is she looking?

Georgetown, GW, and American.

Not sure she'll make it in to Georgetown - it'll be close. But she should be able to get into the other two. She likes how GW is right downtown, but there's no traditional campus there. American looked great but is further away. So pros and cons with both.

Georgetown is Georgetown.

Yeah she certainly seems set on DC.
Good luck to her on G'Town.
My son is awaiting word from MIT, that's the only uncertain outcome with him.

Georgetown, GW, and American.

Not sure she'll make it in to Georgetown - it'll be close. But she should be able to get into the other two. She likes how GW is right downtown, but there's no traditional campus there. American looked great but is further away. So pros and cons with both.

Georgetown is Georgetown.

Ahh she's fine in either place - but i'm with her on GW. You can't beat the location, and honestly the area is more contained and campusy than it gives off. My wife went there so we spend a decent amount of time on campus for sportsball things.

Good to know, because I think she may end up there. She really liked it.

To emphasize the location, on the tour they took us to the top of one of their buildings. The view was amazing, to say the least.

Good to know, because I think she may end up there. She really liked it.

To emphasize the location, on the tour they took us to the top of one of their buildings. The view was amazing, to say the least.

pretty much everything from the hospital / metro stop east towards where the IMF is belongs to GW. it's a great area and you feel more part of the city than, say, Georgetown - which is it's own mass transit less island.

safe area as well (not that Georgetown or AU are in bad areas)

Tell me what to love about it after 18 months pls

We loved our house, firstly. And got very into renovating and decorating. It was a great neighborhood to walk the dog, very green, some hills, interesting architecture, nice neighbors. It was genuinely diverse, especially economically, which was a change from Shaw (where we moved from). I kind of liked all the Catholicism — seeing groups of nuns walking around or playing basketball gave the neighborhood character. Manny & Olga’s for breakfast, Brooklands Finest, and we knew the folks at Primrose well, and we learned a ton about natural wines from them. We spent hours there, and felt like we were part of a real neighborhood. Easy access to U Street or H Street and you can get out of the city quickly (as opposed to fighting traffic to get to 50 or 395).

But I was a married man with a mortgage, yard, and a dog. If I were 27, I’d much rather be closer to 14th/9th/7th/U or H street.

Primrose is great, but what am I missing about Brookland’s finest?

It’s a nice, friendly neighborhood joint where the servers knew us, and the food is better-than-average for a slightly southern-influenced restaurant. The Sunday fried chicken is excellent.

It was better before the pandemic tho.

Wow. Not even sure this should go in this thread because it isn't even about vaccine mandates anymore, but the NYT tweeted this.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1495072626607280131

Despite many, many Canadians in the comments telling them this isn't true, including Canadian members of the media, it's still up. I've been watching live coverage for two days, and law enforcement has shown amazing restraint. Pretty sure this live coverage is available to the NYT, too.

NFL Scouting Combine ditches bubble concept following reports of boycott
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/21/scouting-combine-ditches-the-bubble-concept/

The NFL and the Scouting Combine, facing a threat that 157 players represented by 14 agencies would skip workouts at next week’s annual Underwear Olympics, has ditched a controversial bubble concept for Indianapolis.

...Also, wearing a mask while on site “is recommended, but not required” for all activities other than air travel and medical exams, during which masks remain mandatory.

...Still, it’s a win for the Combine and for the players who will be there. They won’t be prevented from accessing their trainers and coaches, and the ill-advised concept of a bubble (given that the NFL has spent the last two months shifting from pandemic it endemic) has burst.

:up::up:

Masks optional for Biden's State of the Union
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/masks-optional-bidens-state-union-rcna17901

WASHINGTON — Masks will be optional for members of Congress and others attending President Joe Biden's State of the Union address Tuesday, the Capitol's attending physician, Brian P. Monahan, said in a notice Sunday.

The notice said that KN95 or N95 masks are no longer required, and wearing a mask "is now an individual choice option."

Timing couldn't have been any better for....the science.

Progress is still progress :up:

You’d think with the latest Ukrainian crisis and the threat of WW3, people would realize how dumb it is to have deeply rooted feelings over mask wearing.

Alas.

Masks optional for Biden's State of the Union

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/masks-optional-bidens-state-union-rcna17901

WASHINGTON — Masks will be optional for members of Congress and others attending President Joe Biden's State of the Union address Tuesday, the Capitol's attending physician, Brian P. Monahan, said in a notice Sunday.

The notice said that KN95 or N95 masks are no longer required, and wearing a mask "is now an individual choice option."

Timing couldn't have been any better for....the science.

Progress is still progress :up:
Ohhhhh you got em

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1504525629441536008?s=21

The GOP wants more covid madness so they can regain power in November 2022 and 2024

It’s insane that we are scaling down when it looks like another surge is on its way. Probably won’t be as bad as the December - January wave, but other countries are seeing numbers jump across the board and they’re much more protected from vaccines.

Back
Top Bottom