Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can’t seem to find info when I google search and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction: what are the chances of a breakthrough case with direct exposure to covid? (eg. inside, no masks, within 20 feet for two hours)

Depends on which vaccine you got.

But i read in the Atlantic that with Pfizer you’ve got a 50/50 shot of a breakthrough case being symptomatic with delta. Still over 80-90% protection from severe / hospitalization

It also depends on where you live.

There was a NYT article the other week where it was estimated that approximately 1 in 5,000 vaccinated people had a breakthrough case, and in regions of the country where transmission wasn't as high, it could be as much as 1 in 10,000.

Unfortunately I ended up being one of those cases, but thankfully the vaccine limited my misery to one day, and the rest of my family, despite very close contact during the most contagious period, never got it.

Imagine that - vaccinations work.

I had Moderna, and was around someone who tested positive the next day. I just got a negative test result (got the test 3 days after exposure). I’ll get retested at 7 days post exposure. I feel fine though. Just have been a little stressed.

Depends on which vaccine you got.

But i read in the Atlantic that with Pfizer you’ve got a 50/50 shot of a breakthrough case being symptomatic with delta. Still over 80-90% protection from severe / hospitalization

I tested positive for covid back in July after going to some gigs..the sum total of my " illness" was a sore throat which cleared up with nurofen, and a teeny bit of asthma which cleared up after using an inhaler - none of which would have stopped me carrying on as normal in a pre covid world.

I played tennis the day I tested positive. By far the worse part was being trapped in the house for 10 days

I'm fully vaxxed with AZ, I was with other people- none of whom picked up my germs.

This is dark.

The Herman Cain Award concept is simple and ugly. A single entry to the subreddit consists of anywhere between two and 16 screenshots of a social media profile (usually Facebook, with last names scrubbed out) belonging to someone who died after aggressively rejecting precautions that could have protected them and others. The idea is to track the individual’s journey from COVID theory, so to speak, to COVID practice: what a person posted or commented about masks or shots, or those who advocated for either before getting sick, and how they and their community narrated their disease once they were ill. As the forum has grown, entries have started following a fairly standard format: The first few screenshots typically feature the individual in question deploying a remarkably consistent set (there are 30 or so) of memes. Some vilify Dr. Anthony Fauci or champion the right to be unvaccinated. Others warn people they’re experimental rats or offer scripts that will properly punish wait staff for daring to inquire about vaccination status. Some deride masked liberals as “sheep” and the unvaccinated as proud free lions or refer to immigrants as vectors of disease or compare vaccination requirements to the Holocaust. Most of them treat the pandemic as a joke and frame ignoring it as brave or clever or both. The final few screenshots typically announce the disease, its progress, and the eventual death announcement, frequently followed by a GoFundMe for the family. If someone is merely hospitalized, the flair on that entry reads “Nominated.” When they die, it changes to “Awarded.”

https://slate.com/technology/2021/09/hermancainaward-subreddit-antivaxxer-deaths-cataloged.html

New Entry Policy for TD Garden Events Announced

We are excited to welcome you back to TD Garden this fall! As fans return to TD Garden for Bruins, Celtics and all other events, your health and safety remain our top priority.

TD Garden, Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics have announced new entry guidelines for all fans visiting the arena for upcoming events. Effective September 30, all guests 12 years and older must present printed or digital proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or qualifying negative COVID-19 test to gain access to the arena. Per the City of Boston public health order, all guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask at TD Garden, except while actively eating or drinking as permitted.

These policies will continue to be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. Some events, seating locations and experiences may require additional health and safety guidelines as required by promoters, touring artists or league protocols.

The disgusting lengths politicians are willing to go to get votes… you know they don’t honestly believe in undoing any of those vaccine mandates.

:sigh:

Had stronger bout of covid blues (upset at how this is still going on(!!!!!) ) a few days back, but finally out of that.
Probably extra spurred by the shorter (meaning even shorter) days now.

:hmm: I got my Pzfer full immunity in mid May. Since I'm 68 the booster will be either mid Nov, or mid Jan depending which time model is determined. I think it was 8 months originally.

And ?675,000+ deaths now. So insane, inane.

Last edited:
Could we find a way to get Trump name attached to it ? He can make some $$ and fuck off, and people can stop dying

Could we find a way to get Trump name attached to it ? He can make some $$ and fuck off, and people can stop dying

They should make them in the shape of little Trumps, kind of like Flintstone vitamins, will work perfectly for his base.
"Cletus you get 2 pills this morning, a Dino and a Donald". (I guess they'd probably have to make them chewable too)

There’s now a malaria vaccine.

I am so worried about what this will mean for the freedoms of the developing world with all this vaccine tyranny about to arrive on their shores.

Back
Top Bottom