Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean - honestly, why can't we just agree that on top of the vaccine mandates we're also all going to take a mandatory no work, stay home week?

Cause mah freedoms?

There were people plunging to their death off of that plane in Afghanistan because of their wish to have the freedoms we have. No one should be joking about “mah freedoms” in reality.

New Zealand announces it's locking down the entire country ... over one Covid case

By Julia Hollingsworth and Chandler Thornton, CNN

Updated 7:40 PM ET, Tue August 17, 2021

(CNN)New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced a nationwide lockdown after the country confirmed one coronavirus case -- the first locally transmitted Covid-19 case in the community since February.

Ardern told a press conference Tuesday authorities were assuming it was the contagious Delta variant, although genome sequencing is still underway.

An unvaccinated 58-year-old man in the country's largest city Auckland tested positive for the virus. The man had traveled to other parts of the country, and had no obvious link to the border, Director General of Health Ashley Bloomfield said Tuesday.

New Zealand will be under the strictest level lockdown level for the next three days starting from 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, local time, Ardern said. Under level four lockdown, everyone must stay home and businesses are closed aside for essential services such as supermarkets and pharmacies.

New Zealand was last under its most serious lockdown level a year ago, Ardern said.

Up to 21 cases now, they think they’ve identified the source case (travelled from Australia) and hopefully they knock it down soon.

Bloody wish it had been done here in New South Wales. We discovered 2 cases back on 16/6, and today alone we marked up 681. We’ve had 8 weeks of slowly stricter lockdown measures that has let this virus run rampant across most of the country. Apologies cobbler.

I’ve previously mentioned the collective frustration of the slow vaccine rollout and lo and behold it’s finally fucked us over. Was always a question of if not when. Had my first AZ shot 2.5 weeks ago because Pfizer was reserved only for 40-59 and senior high schoolers. Pfizer is starting to trickle out here and there for the under 40s but by the time most people my age get their first I’ll have been double jabbed for a fortnight. Angry.

There were people plunging to their death off of that plane in Afghanistan because of their wish to have the freedoms we have. No one should be joking about “mah freedoms” in reality.

While i don’t agree about the joking part i do think a great way to build gratitude for what we have is so important in these moments (all moments to be honest)

Those afghans (and others) would consider their prayers answered from God to trade places with any of our lives. So would billions of others.

It’s so heartbreaking to think about these peoples lives and what they were willing to risk and try to change it

The inappropriate joke is people in the US ranting about masks and vaccines as infringements on their freedoms, getting in physical altercations about same, all of it. ENTITLED Americans who don't have a freaking clue what lack of freedom is. Like the people in Afghanistan do. That is sickening and embarrassing.

But sure, make it about a post in FYM.

Yes. Afghans fell from planes for a chance to have the freedom to refuse a vaccine and scream at school board members who vote to require masks in schools.

Nah I think joking about it is just fine, actually.

Btw one of yours is threatening to explode a bunch of bombs near my home, currently. Which would be the second right wing domestic terror attack where I live this year.

So yes - lecture me about Afghans and planes and mAh freedom.

What an utterly cuntish thing to say. Cunt.

Lmao oh I’m sorry did you expect me to feel bad for people who refuse to contribute to society and thereby are bringing the whole ship down? Every day assholes like you refuse to get vaccinated is just another opportunity to prolong this pandemic.

Lmao oh I’m sorry did you expect me to feel bad for people who refuse to contribute to society and thereby are bringing the whole ship down? Every day assholes like you refuse to get vaccinated is just another opportunity to prolong this pandemic.

Asshole?

I am double jabbed, you assumed that I'm not. I think it's disgusting that you don't care if another human being lives or dies.

You are a cunt and you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Asshole?

I am double jabbed, you assumed that I'm not. I think it's disgusting that you don't care if another human being lives or dies.

You are a cunt and you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Sorry not my responsibility to deduce that you’re vaccinated when you’re inferentially suggesting you’re not. But thanks.

Now, you can have whatever perspectives you want, but this is a global pandemic and it doesn’t care about your virtuous perspective. Bottom line is people aren’t getting vaccinated and thereby are 1) causing other unvaccinated people to get killed, 2) keeping this virus alive and mutating (ultimately leading us towards a path where vaccinated people may inevitably be killed too), and 3) curtailing our way of life out of their own selfishness.

I’m not ashamed of myself for wanting less people to die, wanting a functional society, and not wanting selfish people to be calling the shots. It’s not an opinion, it’s not a time for your bullshit abstract imagination of idealistic perspectives.

Sorry not my responsibility to deduce that you’re vaccinated when you’re inferentially suggesting you’re not. But thanks.

Now, you can have whatever perspectives you want, but this is a global pandemic and it doesn’t care about your virtuous perspective. Bottom line is people aren’t getting vaccinated and thereby are 1) causing other unvaccinated people to get killed, 2) keeping this virus alive and mutating (ultimately leading us towards a path where vaccinated people may inevitably be killed too), and 3) curtailing our way of life out of their own selfishness.

I’m not ashamed of myself for wanting less people to die, wanting a functional society, and not wanting selfish people to be calling the shots. It’s not an opinion, it’s not a time for your bullshit abstract imagination of idealistic perspectives.

You really are a cunt.

You really are a cunt.

I’ve learned that many of those posting on this forum assume or get the sense that a person is an unvaccinated far right Bible thumping extremist Trump supporter should you not lean toward or agree with their seemingly far left sensibilities….but calling them cunts because of it is a little…extreme.

Last edited:

There isn't a single word of this that is false.

https://twitter.com/alexkramers/status/1428784100463333380?s=21

This is in FL which isn’t too surprising.

The person i dated that didn’t work out, this was the shit spewed my way every single day. Each day with more and more anger as i had infected her with the spike protein cause you know it just leaps out of the body

I did test the spoon with her. And my yoga studio does have black lights, no one glowed

I reflexively assume that anyone who doesn't wear a mask in public spaces and refuses to get vaccinated doesn't care about my life, so it's a big ask for me to care about theirs.

The truth about the vaccines is that we all took a (very small) risk for the greater good. Given the science and the facts that were put forth, we could safely say it wasn’t going to kill us or be any worse than Covid itself.

Those who have a choice and choose to take the vaccine are showing they at least care about themselves, if not other people. Those who do not by way of disinformation we know who to blame. Those who do not by way of fear are selfish people who only care about themselves.

I reflexively assume that anyone who doesn't wear a mask in public spaces and refuses to get vaccinated doesn't care about my life, so it's a big ask for me to care about theirs.

Agreed! It’s extremely hard to feel any sympathy for those who chose not to vaccinate. It actually really angers me because those who don’t get the jab are the ones to complain about not trusting doctors and science but the minute they get covid and can’t breath they run to the hospital begging to have their lives saved, meanwhile the poor guy that just had a massive heart attack, might die because that ICU bed that should have gone to the heart attack patient is now taken by that person who chose to not vaccinate. So while I don’t wish death on anyone, FUCK the unvaccinated and fuck their selfish reasoning. I’m getting tired of hearing them whine and cry about their sorry poor freedoms being taken away while they go and suck all the resources for people who need life saving procedures through no fault of their own. Seriously FUCK THEM! I’m also sick of the countless of stories you hear now about unvaccinated people having regrets of not getting the vaccine when they are in the hospital beds! You had a fucking year to listen to the experts tell you that COVID can be deadly and now all the sudden after having been warned countless times, because you are sick, now you have regrets??? Fuck off!

Last edited:
Agreed! It’s extremely hard to feel any sympathy for those who chose not to vaccinate. It actually really angers me because those who don’t get the jab are the ones to complain about not trusting doctors and science but the minute they get covid and can’t breath they run to the hospital begging to have their lives saved, meanwhile the poor guy that just had a massive heart attack, might die because that ICU bed that should have gone to the heart attack patient is now taken by that person who chose to not vaccinate. So while I don’t wish death on anyone, FUCK the unvaccinated and fuck their selfish reasoning. I’m getting tired of hearing them whine and cry about their sorry poor freedoms being taken away while they go and suck all the resources for people who need life saving procedures through no fault of their own. Seriously FUCK THEM! I’m also sick of the countless of stories you hear now about unvaccinated people having regrets of not getting the vaccine when they are in the hospital beds! You had a fucking year to listen to the experts tell you that COVID can be deadly and now all the sudden after having been warned countless times, because you are sick, now you have regrets??? Fuck off!

“Fuck the revolution!!!”

This. We've tried being nice. We've tried pleading, bribing, sharing and explaining the facts, sharing stories of people who were sick and dying, Anything to help the anti-mask/vaccine crowd finally see reason.

None of it's worked. We're tired. We're exhausted. We're frustrated and angry and horrified by people's selfish, cruel behavior over this. And we are well and truly out of sympathy and empathy.

And to think, so many of the same people being whiny little brats over being asked to wear masks and get the vaccine were the same ones calling us sensitive snowflakes for the last four years. We're not the ones having a meltdown over being asked to wear a piece of cloth over our mouths to a store, or school, or work.

FDA approval is coming for Pfizer next week and mandates will shortly follow.

Oh, the whining will be entertaining.

There are people protesting the mask mandates and vaccination mandates in my little town in an extremely blue western Washington. Funny to see that as I was on my way to get a covid rapid test since I’ve got a pretty gnarly cough, headache, congestion, body aches, and chills.

There are people protesting the mask mandates and vaccination mandates in my little town in an extremely blue western Washington. Funny to see that as I was on my way to get a covid rapid test since I’ve got a pretty gnarly cough, headache, congestion, body aches, and chills.

Hope you don't have it. Those are symptoms though, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom