Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doing a bit of reading, in SA at least, the problem of their low vax rate was more lack of demand than inadequate supply.

Not that the world doesn’t need more vaccines, but anti-vaxxers/apathy are everywhere.

Early studies indicate that omicron is taking the virus in the direction that we assumed it would go based on historical examples and the fundamentals of evolution: more transmission, lower severity. The goal of a virus, insofar as it can have a goal, is not to kill its host but to reproduce.

Early studies indicate that omicron is taking the virus in the direction that we assumed it would go based on historical examples and the fundamentals of evolution: more transmission, lower severity. The goal of a virus, insofar as it can have a goal, is not to kill its host but to reproduce.

The virus was never that severe to begin with. It hit a fraction of the population hard, but unfortunately a fraction of billions is a lot of suffering. Especially when it didn't have to be this way.

I'm still a little concerned that the virus may be as transmissible as Delta, but also evades the vaccine. Moderna CEO came out today stating he wasn't sure their two dose vaccine covers it well at all, but more data is needed.

I'm glad that I'm boosted, and will gladly take the next one.

Let's hope this thing is even less severe and takes over as the dominant strain then. Maybe one silver lining with a global economy/transportation is that a virus may take generations to get to a less severe (more flu like) strain, but since some of the largest nations in the world just said fuck it, let'er rip....it mutated faster than it would in different eras.

I dunno, just tired of it all. More so the anti vax population that puts us at risk even more for future viruses (not just covid)

Moderna CEO came out today stating he wasn't sure their two dose vaccine covers it well at all, but more data is needed.

CEO of company that makes vaccines immediately assumes new vaccine$ will be needed....no surprise.
Let's let the scientists and health experts make that call once they have some real data.

Got mine yesterday around lunch time. A little woozy during the day, sore arm at night, and then the chills started up around 11 pm through around 3 am. Thought I could finally get sleep, and an hour later our almost 4 year old decided to have a nightmare and climb into our bed.

Exciting times, exciting times.

No chills this morning, but my body feels like it got hit by a truck, stood back up, and then run over again.

Mine wasn't as bad as yours, got boosted Saturday afternoon. Fine through Saturday night. Had some chills overnight. Woke up a bit body achy Sunday, had a persistent headache (not in a suitcase) all day Sunday. Not as severe as after my 2nd dose in the spring but enough to render me a lazy lump on the couch with football on TV all day (so my wife didn't notice anything out of the ordinary). Everything subsided Sunday night and was fine Monday AM.

Was rough most of the day - I made the brainiac decision to go to work regardless because hey, I'm not actually sick it's just the vax. Having the chills in a building with a giant block of ice on the ground is less than ideal.

Finally started to subside around 5ish this afternoon. Still there a little even now but not nearly as bad as last night or during the day. And thank god cause I have to fly tomorrow and that would have been awful.

My resting heart rate has been through the roof for about 24 hours now but is now finally starting to come back down to normal.

Good times good times. Better than a ventilator tho

Last edited:
Woke up with a fever for two mornings after. First day rough, second day fine after the fever broke. Armpit felt like it had been used as a speed bag for about a week.

Still beats having covid.

Was rough most of the day - I made the brainiac decision to go to work regardless because hey, I'm not actually sick it's just the vax.

Yeah, I made a similar decision after my 2nd dose in April.... felt decent early in the morning and went to work. By 10:30 could barely move, head was pounding so bad wasn't sure I could drive home. Stuck it out till 2 and bailed.
That's why I scheduled the boost for a Saturday to have the next day for recovery.

Had a bit of a headache last night after getting the booster yesterday, and I can still feel a (very slight) twinge in the middle of my forehead every so often today. And my arm's a little tender, too, like before. But otherwise, so far so good.

My mom was really tired after she got hers...but she's also had a stressful week at work and it's tough to go back to working a full week after the holidays and whatnot, too, so that may factor into some of that.

Got my booster this past Mon.
I don't know if I didn't move my arm much (vs I did for shots 1&2) enough that gave me a sore back of the deltoid muscle (shoulder) at about a 3.5 (10 being the worst) soreness when I lifted my arm toward my shoulder. Two days of that. Weds at 1.5, by Thurs eve all gone.

I've never let up on double masking once I step out my apt.

Good luck everyone!

I saw a movie at the theater for the first time in nearly 2 years.

Being well-vaxxed in a city with a high vaccination rate and where you must show your card for entry goes a long ways in making me feel safe.

Also, “House of Gucci” isn’t very good.

Being well-vaxxed in a city with a high vaccination rate and where you must show your card for entry goes a long ways in making me feel safe.

I'm planning my re-emergence to a movie theater for the new Spiderman movie. It's been since late Feb 2020.

Me and my wife watched movies on two consecutive Sundays in late October. Apparently that was taking our chances a bit too much. The second we caught Covid, and had breakthrough infections. Luckily not too serious. We also might have made the mistake of seeing the second movie in the wrong district of Berlin.

We both deemed The French Dispatch not worth catching Covid.

My mom, sister, and I went to a concert up in Minnesota last month. Everyone was required to wear masks and we had to show our cards. And everyone who attended complied with the request. Made me feel good, indeed. And we had a fun time.

I envy you living in an area with a high vaccination rate. I wish my state fell into that category, but nope, according to our oh-so-wonderful governor, we don't need no stinkin' mandates :|. Last I checked I think our vaccination rate was around 50%? Yeah.

Back
Top Bottom