Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was some way other than the vaccine card to prove that you've been vaccinated. Like a wallet sized card, or electronic QR Code. Or a microchip.

I wish there was some way other than the vaccine card to prove that you've been vaccinated. Like a wallet sized card, or electronic QR Code. Or a microchip.

Hah! The QR code pass associated with your info in the federal system exists. The problem is each state trying to do their own thing. This should’ve been handled like TSA pre-check. You give up a little personal info for faster, front-of-line access while the great unwashed stand on a socially distanced line before taking an on-site test (out of their own pocket as further incentive).

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass/

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

I do think what they're hoping for though is that the incentive to get the vaccine or wear a mask will influence just enough with the addition of children 12-16 to bump that percentage up.

Nothing at this point is going to get the crazy people who watch Tucker Carlson every night, but hopefully enough who will say "ok fine" because they don't want to be in a situation where they go to a party with a bunch of people who are vaccinated and feel really stupid being the only one required to wear a mask.

Hah! The QR code pass associated with your info in the federal system exists. The problem is each state trying to do their own thing. This should’ve been handled like TSA pre-check. You give up a little personal info for faster, front-of-line access while the great unwashed stand on a socially distanced line before taking an on-site test (out of their own pocket as further incentive).

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass/

https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

It's too bad that shit has to be at the state level. This is literally the solution right here.

I do think what they're hoping for though is that the incentive to get the vaccine or wear a mask will influence just enough with the addition of children 12-16 to bump that percentage up.

Nothing at this point is going to get the crazy people who watch Tucker Carlson every night, but hopefully enough who will say "ok fine" because they don't want to be in a situation where they go to a party with a bunch of people who are vaccinated and feel really stupid being the only one required to wear a mask.

Like they’ll bother. I’m convinced the only way to move the needle and get to the percentage required to attain herd immunity is to gate access to ticketed events & travel to the point where it becomes inconvenient to *not* be vaccinated.

My work is in the news here in Southern California because the board of directors have come down with the decision that our employees are to mandatorily get vaccinated (those with medical/religious/other reasons can get exemption). I work for the largest regional center in Southern California that provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities. The people we serve span in various age from infants to seniors and also those that are medically fragile and are placed in medical facilities. So the decision is not sitting well with some and now a change.org petition is going around with over a thousand signatures which is funny because there are only 700+ employees.

Since we switched to working from home last year our case workers have been doing their annual visits by phone and zoom, but we are slowly starting to go back to in person visits. Basically there’s this contingent of employees that are scared of the vaccine and are going the “my body my right” route. Our executive director sent out a large email detailing the importance of this but she did also state that employees that don’t go through the proper exemption channel are subject to termination. Our agency is actually doing this the correct way and the legal way based off current laws. So who knows how this will play out.

Like they’ll bother. I’m convinced the only way to move the needle and get to the percentage required to attain herd immunity is to gate access to ticketed events & travel to the point where it becomes inconvenient to *not* be vaccinated.

Yep I agree with that. I'm sure all the Karens will then be like "Discrimination!!!111" and "Unvaccinated Lives Matter" but it would be funny to watch.

Yep I agree with that. I'm sure all the Karens will then be like "Discrimination!!!111" and "Unvaccinated Lives Matter" but it would be funny to watch.

Nothing stopping them from waiting on a line to get in just like anyone without TSA pre-check. Respect the rights of private companies and all that, no? ;)

There will be lots of this-Karen Schroder wants to speak to the manager

https://www.tmz.com/2021/05/16/ricky-schroder-costco-let-him-in-no-mask-silver-spoons/

Schroder also saw fit to help support Kyle Rittenhouse's bail a while back, so...yeah. This is pretty well on brand for him.

Being an asshole to retail workers is bad enough, but harassing a retail worker over mask requirements they have no control over is just... Way to be a total piece of shit, dude.

I will say that this whole "you don't have to wear a mask if vaccinated" idea, while great, has just led to so much confusion. I still wear a mask everywhere because I just don't know what each business' policy is.

I'm also at the point where even though I love my new Foo Fighers mask, I'd be all for just saying that no one has to wear masks anymore and that if you're one of those people who chooses to believe conspiracy theories over science, then go ahead and test your hypothesis and see how it goes. Not to wish sickness or death on anyone but I think it's to the point where if the unvaccinated start being the ones that are getting really sick, that might be the news needed to actually turn some of their heads.

Fauci is the one who just what, two weeks ago said the vaccinated should still wear masks because of variants, and that masks may have to be a “seasonal “ thing.

Now, after Rand Paul once again, nailed Fauci to the floor about his NIH ‘s funding of the Wuhan lab, magically , the vaccinated can go mask free anywhere now!

I’m sure the Dems will now kick Fauci to the curb. The man was wrong more times than he was right, misled people and was on a power trip for over a year, yet the Dems treated him like God. “Show us the way, massa Fauci!”

Fauci is the one who just what, two weeks ago said the vaccinated should still wear masks because of variants, and that masks may have to be a “seasonal “ thing.

Now, after Rand Paul once again, nailed Fauci to the floor about his NIH ‘s funding of the Wuhan lab, magically , the vaccinated can go mask free anywhere now!

I’m sure the Dems will now kick Fauci to the curb. The man was wrong more times than he was right, misled people and was on a power trip for over a year, yet the Dems treated him like God. “Show us the way, massa Fauci!”

Didn't Rand Paul get the shit beaten out of him by his neighbor?

giphy.gif

It would be nice to have an ability to discuss differing ideas and opinions without it always turning into racism or cabals or other too crazy stuff.

I would like more of a focus on gain of function work that’s done all around the world.

There are some legitimate questions regarding the origin covid19 and China hasn’t exactly been the most forthcoming with information

I just don’t think everything has to be some play on the Matrix.

I would like more of a focus on gain of function work that’s done all around the world.

There are some legitimate questions regarding the origin covid19 and China hasn’t exactly been the most forthcoming with information

100% this.

Anyone who doesn't believe that this is going on in China and who knows where else is fooling themselves. Biological weaponry is real and any place with a Biosafety Level 3 or 4 could be doing GoF experiments.

100% this.

Anyone who doesn't believe that this is going on in China and who knows where else is fooling themselves. Biological weaponry is real and any place with a Biosafety Level 3 or 4 could be doing GoF experiments.

China could squash all of this with 100% transparency. Obviously that would be ideal in every situation for every relationship in the world haha

These level 4 labs are not as secure as we’d think.

Imagine a bug as infectious as covid, with the same incubation period, yet instead of a 2-3% mortality rate it’s closer to Ebola of 40-50%.

Hell even 10% might be enough to cause a apocalypse scenario

Yet that’s what these labs are doing. Taking these viruses and modifying them to try and get an advantage to the next outbreak.

I’m not sure the risk is worth it. Oh and that’s me implying a accidental escape, imagine if someone who’d want to bring about the end of societies worked in these labs. Or had access.

China could squash all of this with 100% transparency. Obviously that would be ideal in every situation for every relationship in the world haha

These level 4 labs are not as secure as we’d think.

So I haven't kept up with the current guidelines but I'm pretty sure that last year SARS-Cov2 would have fallen within BSL-3, not 4. And at the time, there were calls to ease up on the qualification system to allow it to be handled in BSL-2 labs in order to facilitate larger scale research.

So forget about BSL-4 with Ebola, etc. which are very rare and you may have one or two nationally. BSL-3, which is far, far less secure would be housing most viruses and biohazardous waste of the risk level that SARS-Cov2 presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom