Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

Damn ‘Karens’ are gonna prolong this!!
It's not Karens, it's the crunchy granola middle-upper middle women who go to mom and tot classes with other women who sell them essential oils and rail against vaccines. Very high overlap with the "breastfeed at all costs" crowd and so on.

It's really maddening because most of them are privileged and many are even highly educated.

anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:19 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:25 AM
Wahoo boys, been a while since we’ve put the girls in the L column.

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:56 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It's not Karens, it's the crunchy granola middle-upper middle women who go to mom and tot classes with other women who sell them essential oils and rail against vaccines. Very high overlap with the "breastfeed at all costs" crowd and so on.

It's really maddening because most of them are privileged and many are even highly educated.

Guess i lumped them in with Karen.

I’m very accustomed to the group you’re talking about. The yoga world looks down on you if you say you’re going to a western medicine doctor or worse if you’re taking antibiotics. Cause don’t you know there’s a plant in the jungles of South America that cures cancer, but big pharma has silenced the holistic medicine field

To each their own but it’s challenging in times like these where we need actual science
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #164
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Good to hear your mom and grandma are getting better, BEAL . May their recoveries go well.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #165
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:25 PM
Level of education seems to have very little to do with people's rejection of vaccines.

I work with nurses and other members of staff that work on cancer trials, including cancer trials involving the use of mRNA based vaccines, which the likes of Pfizer have repurposed for their current vaccine, but are hesitant about getting vaccinated or have nebulous non-specific concerns and don't want to get it.

There is a weird emotional response related to it that doesn't seem to be affected by any educational attainment.

Hoping to hear in the next month or two about getting vaccinated, since the UK is getting receipt of about 800,000 doses next week, depends a bit how the prioritisation works out.
LJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
It would be fan-fucking-tastic if, you know, we obligated all of these companies to supply vaccine development capability to other companies globally at a reduced rate and proliferated the vaccines.

You know, so it’s not all about business. And hey, those companies might lose out on billions, but at the same time we won’t be liable for ensuring a US-made vaccine gets to other counties and won’t come off as “reserving it for us first.”

They should do what’s right and return the world to normalcy.

It sounds far-fetched, but that’s basically how Brazil developed the leading anti-HIV program in the world 20 years ago: breaking patents and offering generic drugs for free for anyone who needed treatment.
gump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

On a much lighter note, Adam's covid isolation look is becoming very Santa/David Letterman

Click image for larger version

Name:	EobdSwQXcAEt5U0.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	12724
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

We're officially a COVID household now too.

My son came home from school on Wednesday pale as a ghost, so lethargic that he could barely stand, deep purple spots under his eyes and complained that his legs were hurting. He had no appetite and was totally out of it, so not even thinking of COVID when we took him to emerg. The doctor there ran a leukemia panel (which shaved at least 10 years off my life) and said as a by the way thing, let's run a COVID test. Well today (72 hrs later, do better Toronto) they notified us that he's COVID+ and scheduled testing for my husband, daughter and myself. Husband and I are fairly ill, and our daughter remains asymptomatic. We all have totally different symptoms, which is maddening.

After the initial shock, I almost felt a perverse sense of relief to have it over with.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:41 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

I hope you all get well soon Martina, with no lasting effects. How frightening that must have been, the leukemia panel. I don't understand a dr not thinking covid test first. Most seem to think worst case scenario first, sometimes that is a good thing. So stressful.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #170
Refugee

Wishing you and your family a complete and speedy recovery, anitram.
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Feel better soon.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Sorry to hear, anitram. I can imagine the stress while waiting for those tests results. Hope you all feel better real soon.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:44 PM   #173
Blue Crack Supplier

Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

I’m so sorry to hear. Wishing you all a speedy recovery. Good luck.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks everyone!

It was a known risk when we elected to send him back to school in-person this September. Overall I still think it was better for him mentally, emotionally and academically to be in a classroom again so I don’t really feel like it was a wrong choice per se. I am concerned about my parents and in-laws, who picked the kids up for us twice about 8-9 days ago - we were moving so needed the extra help and childcare is one of those exemptions. Of the 4 grandparents only my Mom has a mild cold which she says feels like a sinus infection. The other 3 are all asymptomatic but they’re testing tomorrow and Monday in any case.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #175
The Male

Local Time: 07:25 AM
That's scary as hell, Martina. Hoping for the best for you and your family.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #176
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Adding to the well wishes for you and your family, anitram!
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:57 PM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier

Hope the entire family gets better quickly with no lasting effects.
Though I think the leukemia panel would have scared me way more than a positive Covid diagnosis for my son. That's some scary shit to hear, glad it wasn't that or anything similar.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:40 PM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

WASHINGTON — The head of the U.S. vaccine development effort said Sunday he believes the COVID-19 vaccine could have long-lasting effect once distributed.

Dr. Moncef Slaoui told CNN’s “State of the Union” that only time will tell for certain, but that in his opinion, the vaccine’s effectiveness could last for “many, many years,” with older people and others who are more vulnerable requiring a booster every three to five years.

He said that one of the hallmarks of immune systems is memory, so the body’s response to the coronavirus will be much faster once vaccinated.

Still, Slaoui said it’s not known whether vaccinated persons could spread the virus to others even if protected themselves. He said there may be an initial indication on that sometime in February or March.

Slaoui stressed that the continuing unknowns make it important for people to remain cautious and take safeguards to protect themselves and others against COVID-19.

He said that once 70 to 80% of the population is vaccinated, “the virus will go down.”
Old 12-06-2020, 05:29 PM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Good luck to you and your family Anitram. Agree with the mindset of getting it over with. Get over it, and never get it again!

News that Rudy is in the hospital. Love that this man spent the last year, and especially the last few months not wearing a mask, openly mocking the pandemic, and now when the rest of us may not be able to get a hospital bed because they’re full, this guy gets the best medical care in the country on our dime.
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:05 PM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

3,054 deaths today. I can't even anymore.