Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:19 AM
Send BDB and Cuomo to the moon please. Preferably on the same rocket.

gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Please do not dishonor the value of going to the moon

LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:10 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Cali is basically back into the most restricted zone (95% of all counties) and there are so many gyms that are saying fuck it.

City Boxing gym a few blocks away from me has put up construction paper on their windows to hide their classes. The police station is half a block away too so clearly they have balls or assume they won’t be shut down.

A studio i used to teach for sent out an email explaining why they are defying the states orders and opening their indoor classes. Basically they claim there’s no proof that any covid cases are tied back to gyms or yoga studios directly. That only 1% of all cases have shown spread there (so guess that’s some proof right ?)

They go on about how much they care about our health and community so that’s why they must keep their doors open!

I get that this has to be really difficult to chose between keeping your business or losing it. But for me i can’t get behind the BS that you’re doing this for our well being when we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Maybe the data does show gyms and yoga don’t lead to super spread, and the government should have a little more flexibility

I want to see the stats tho, and not from the owner

I don’t know how flinging sweat and breathing heavily in a smallish room for over an hour is safer than eating indoors. Suppose it comes down to how many are in the room and how good is the vent system.
BEAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:56 PM   #124
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:19 AM
I realize it's anecdotal, too, but I'm POSITIVE I contracted COVID from my niece who got it from her gymnastics teacher, along with half the class, so I don't buy it one little bit that the gyms are safe.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:00 AM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I realize it's anecdotal, too, but I'm POSITIVE I contracted COVID from my niece who got it from her gymnastics teacher, along with half the class, so I don't buy it one little bit that the gyms are safe.

Yeah I’ve been saying it from the get go that nobody knows shit and the real danger is smugness in believing what you’re told when it’s convenient to do so (6 ft separation is sufficient, schools can open so you don’t have to watch your kids, a gym is safe because they installed new ventilation, etc). Don’t get me wrong, all pragmatic things we need for living, but more the attitudes of “oh I’m doing it right because there’s six feet” or “oh it’s safe because they changed the ventilation.”

Everyone should just assume that all of that is “best effort” public health science and not something well understood.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:04 AM   #126
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Cali is basically back into the most restricted zone (95% of all counties) and there are so many gyms that are saying fuck it.

City Boxing gym a few blocks away from me has put up construction paper on their windows to hide their classes. The police station is half a block away too so clearly they have balls or assume they won’t be shut down.

A studio i used to teach for sent out an email explaining why they are defying the states orders and opening their indoor classes. Basically they claim there’s no proof that any covid cases are tied back to gyms or yoga studios directly. That only 1% of all cases have shown spread there (so guess that’s some proof right ?)

They go on about how much they care about our health and community so that’s why they must keep their doors open!

I get that this has to be really difficult to chose between keeping your business or losing it. But for me i can’t get behind the BS that you’re doing this for our well being when we are in the middle of a pandemic.

Maybe the data does show gyms and yoga don’t lead to super spread, and the government should have a little more flexibility

I want to see the stats tho, and not from the owner

I don’t know how flinging sweat and breathing heavily in a smallish room for over an hour is safer than eating indoors. Suppose it comes down to how many are in the room and how good is the vent system.
These businesses should not be put in this situation. It's not their fault. There should have been a safety net.

The lack of leadership in this country has put businesses in a position where they either take a calculated risk and stay open or close and lose everything.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:22 AM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

For sure
Old 11-20-2020, 07:11 AM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Pfizer to pfile for emergency authoritarian today.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Pfizer to pfile for emergency authoritarian today.

This is the most 2020 sentence I’ve seen in a while.
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
These businesses should not be put in this situation. It's not their fault. There should have been a safety net.

The lack of leadership in this country has put businesses in a position where they either take a calculated risk and stay open or close and lose everything.

Absolutely. I feel for them and i won’t comment or give my opinion to them when they’ve spoken to me about it. I tell them you do what you feel is best. I want no part in it.

This is their livelihoods. I couldn’t imagine the fear and anger they’re going thru.

I also understand that by them defying these orders it risks people’s health and our ability to open back up.

A complete and utter failure by Trump. Like everything else he’s done.

And glad there is help on the way. I am blown away by the vaccines. I never thought they’d be successful so quickly. I get these vaccines had a head start in development from SARS or previous work, but they normally take like 10
Years of they’re good. These guys did it in 8 months.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #131
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
This is the most 2020 sentence I’ve seen in a while.
ha.. seems that Google thinks I've used the word authoritarian a lot
Old 11-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/statu...958156801?s=21

Read thru this

Ron Johnson is a dick
Old 11-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/ashishkjha/statu...958156801?s=21

Read thru this

Ron Johnson is a dick

This corrupt piece of shit is up for election in 2022. In a very winnable state. Nominate the right D candidate and get him out.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Sigh. Just very sad to read through that.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:33 AM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

LONDON — The coronavirus vaccine developed by Oxford University and the British-Swedish pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca is up to 90 percent effective when administered at half dose and then a full dose a month later, the scientists said Monday.
The announcement follows upbeat results from two other front-running vaccine candidates, by Pfizer and Moderna, in the last two weeks.
The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is likely to be cheaper than those made by Pfizer and Moderna, and the British vaccine does not need to be stored at subzero temperatures, but can be kept in ordinary refrigerators in pharmacies and doctor’s offices.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

That’s extremely british of them... something not as good but still pioneering, cheaper, and more pragmatic.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Trump's juvenile bullshit is going to mess up the smooth transition of vaccine distribution too. Obviously he doesn't give a damn.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Woah, I take a break of ?10 days from this thread...

GOOD LUCK to full recoveries without long lasting, or permanent effects to you all - LM/Ashley, BEAL's Mom, bono212 & Stephanie.

Did I miss anyone?
I just ran through this in shocked quickness while getting ready to do more stuff.

Quote:
ha.. seems that Google thinks I've used the word authoritarian a lot
Heh!
I wonder why !?!? -snort-
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:35 PM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post

Woah, I take a break of ?10 days from this thread...

GOOD LUCK to full recoveries without long lasting, or permanent effects to you all - LM/Ashley, BEAL's Mom, bono212 & Stephanie.
Especially Ashley and bono212, hope they both recover.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #140
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Quote:
The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is likely to be cheaper than those made by Pfizer and Moderna, and the British vaccine does not need to be stored at subzero temperatures, but can be kept in ordinary refrigerators in pharmacies and doctor’s offices.
I heard today that AstraZeneca is offering the vaccine at cost for as long as the pandemic is going on. The price will likely be about €2.50 per dose (compared to about €15.50 per dose in the EU for the Pfizer one, haven't heard what price arrangements the EU made with Moderna). I hope they all work as well as they now claim.

Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote