Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Just saw this.

Excellent news.
Yea so we'll have two vaccines with great effectiveness rolling out over the few months that will help vaccinate first responders, medical workers and the most at risk - and while that's happening hopefully we see some of the vaccines that are easier to distribute start to roll off the lines with a similar effectiveness.

Say that vaccine that can be sprayed up the nose comes in it in February. Conceivably your first responders and most at risk are already vaccinated (or at least well on the way towards that) which means that these second waves of vaccines can move more towards the average schmo.

And inevitably someone will come in and tell me that we're going to be staying at home until 2060 but I will not let you dampen my enthusiasm.

Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:31 AM   #83
Blue Crack Supplier

I think if the other vaccines have similar effectiveness, we could be back to some semblance of normal by about June or so.
Still a ways off, but certainly a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Great news
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Good news everyone!
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think if the other vaccines have similar effectiveness, we could be back to some semblance of normal by about June or so.
Still a ways off, but certainly a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.
I think so too.

The goal is really to get as many people vaccinated (particularly those in colder climates) by September to avoid yet another cold/flu season + COVID.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:13 PM
Better data on the moderna but either way to have two safe and effective vaccines ready to go out is amazing. I really didn’t believe it would happen so soon.

I’m still a little doubtful on the 90%+ rate but even if it comes down a little this is better than nothing.

Unfortunately the Trump admin are going to fuck it all up as badly as they can for Biden team. Whatever the forecasts are for rolling out I’d probably push it back a few months.

But this is best news on covid since it began
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #88
The Male

Local Time: 05:13 AM
So...Ashley has been symptomatic with covid for 14 days now and tested positive 5 days ago. She's had a lingering cough, fatigue, shortness of breath and loss of smell but is slowly coming back around. I'm certain she's going to be fine at this point but she's just getting annoyed by how long it's taking. Overall though she's in good spirits and intends to work from home today as usual. Our daughter seems fine.

I'm worried for myself though, maybe for no reason? I have had bouts of runny nose and congestion last weekend and the weekend before that, with lessened lung capacity and one night of gastrointestinal stuff but have tested negative twice in that time. We weren't distanced at all in the 9 days before she tested positive, just went about life like nothing was wrong.

The scary possibility is, of course, that any day now the virus is going to sneak up on me. Part of me wished for a positive test this morning so I could stop thinking about it. But the nurse who gave me the last test said I should go in to check for antibodies on Thursday if I'm asymptomatic. The thought from my doctor's office is that it's possibly a mild case that's been cleared out to the point that it's not showing up. My best guess is that Ashley was exposed 18 days ago, meaning I've been in close quarters with the virus for just as long. So I guess we'll see what the antibody test says.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:04 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
So...Ashley has been symptomatic with covid for 14 days now and tested positive 5 days ago. She's had a lingering cough, fatigue, shortness of breath and loss of smell but is slowly coming back around. I'm certain she's going to be fine at this point but she's just getting annoyed by how long it's taking. Overall though she's in good spirits and intends to work from home today as usual. Our daughter seems fine.

I'm worried for myself though, maybe for no reason? I have had bouts of runny nose and congestion last weekend and the weekend before that, with lessened lung capacity and one night of gastrointestinal stuff but have tested negative twice in that time. We weren't distanced at all in the 9 days before she tested positive, just went about life like nothing was wrong.

The scary possibility is, of course, that any day now the virus is going to sneak up on me. Part of me wished for a positive test this morning so I could stop thinking about it. But the nurse who gave me the last test said I should go in to check for antibodies on Thursday if I'm asymptomatic. The thought from my doctor's office is that it's possibly a mild case that's been cleared out to the point that it's not showing up. My best guess is that Ashley was exposed 18 days ago, meaning I've been in close quarters with the virus for just as long. So I guess we'll see what the antibody test says.
Glad to hear Ashley is recovering. I hope that you just had a mild case and didn't even know it.
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Hope Ashley is back to 100% quickly and both of you remain well. And of course Steph stays well.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Hope everything goes well. My two cents on your soft symptoms... I have had a similar circumstance with close contact. I am convinced that anxiety was factoring in and mimicking Covid symptoms. Take it easy... if you’re worried just remember that worrying doesn’t help, take it easy on yourself.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Update on my family

Dad still doesn’t have any issues. They both wear masks around the house. I also don’t think they’ve slept in the same room for decades so maybe that’s helped. Weather has been warmer than usual so windows are open for air flow

My mom is getting worse each day. She was pretty good the first 3-4 days after the positive test results, then came the loss of smell and taste. Horrible headaches and now fatigue.

She was recovering from bronchitis the week before getting exposed so she already had a cough and it’s still there. But it’s definitely not the covid dry cough.

Her speaking is faint and raspy and can’t seem to say more than a few words without sounding tired. She’s 66 but sounds 86. She has a deeper voice too so it’s kinda eerily familiar to how my grandpa sounded near the end of his life. Gargled and voice breaking

She hates this virus haha. We are all hoping this week goes smooth and can see some improvement. I worry that even after recovery how will her body hold up?

But thanks for the well wishes! All we can do is let nature runs its course and hope for the best.

Rest of the family, aunts and uncles seem to be better. Fatigue still but don’t have the fever/cough/headaches anymore
Old 11-16-2020, 04:52 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Update on my family

Dad still doesn’t have any issues. They both wear masks around the house. I also don’t think they’ve slept in the same room for decades so maybe that’s helped. Weather has been warmer than usual so windows are open for air flow

My mom is getting worse each day. She was pretty good the first 3-4 days after the positive test results, then came the loss of smell and taste. Horrible headaches and now fatigue.

She was recovering from bronchitis the week before getting exposed so she already had a cough and it’s still there. But it’s definitely not the covid dry cough.

Her speaking is faint and raspy and can’t seem to say more than a few words without sounding tired. She’s 66 but sounds 86. She has a deeper voice too so it’s kinda eerily familiar to how my grandpa sounded near the end of his life. Gargled and voice breaking

She hates this virus haha. We are all hoping this week goes smooth and can see some improvement. I worry that even after recovery how will her body hold up?

But thanks for the well wishes! All we can do is let nature runs its course and hope for the best.

Rest of the family, aunts and uncles seem to be better. Fatigue still but don’t have the fever/cough/headaches anymore

Dang, very difficult time for you I’m sorry. Glad to see you’re staying positive, hopefully in a few days it’s cleared up with nothing substantial lingering. I’m sure everyone else here will chime in, but there’s a full cast of support here.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:17 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Actually just spoke with her and she’s in the hospital.

Her Oxygen levels dipped and she had hard time breathing. Not surprising cause she sounded so bad yesterday morning.

Today she sounded great. Her voice was clear and had strength to it, but she said they’ve got her on steroids. She feels miles better tho and that’s all that matters in the moment. One day at a time.

Probably best she’s in there during the second week anyway since it can be the toughest.

I feel ok. There are moments I’m annoyed it’s happened but i don’t dwell since it doesn’t solve anything. She’ll get good care in the hospital and that’s all can be done.

Stay home for the holidays please!
Old 11-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Hope she gets great care at the hospital and recovers fully and quickly.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Hope things get better for everyone.🙏
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Same. Wishing the best for everyone.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:13 AM
Echoing the above. Sending good thoughts and well wishes to LM and Ashley, and BEAL and your family. May everyone recover well.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:22 AM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Hope Ashley is back to 100% quickly and both of you remain well. And of course Steph stays well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Hope everything goes well. My two cents on your soft symptoms... I have had a similar circumstance with close contact. I am convinced that anxiety was factoring in and mimicking Covid symptoms. Take it easy... if you’re worried just remember that worrying doesn’t help, take it easy on yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Echoing the above. Sending good thoughts and well wishes to LM and Ashley, and BEAL and your family. May everyone recover well.
Thank you all. I suspect I got it by being just a bit stupid and not telling my sister to back out of her trip out here from Indiana, once the numbers there started getting as bad as they did. My niece's gymnastics coach had it, and I suspect my niece had it while she was out here, though my sister honestly thought the cough she had was just a normal kid's cough...but let's be real here.

One thing that I will correct Travis on is that I was *hyper* aware of my symptoms from the day I woke up with them and did try very hard to distance from him, but wasn't as good about it as I could've been. I was in some pretty strong denial about it being COVID and I should've got tested a week sooner than I did. It wouldn't have changed the course of my illness, but I would've stayed away from Stephanie, and not gone anywhere sooner than I did. I have been feeling really bad about what I did/didn't do and I have a lot of regret about it. I'm so glad it appears that no one in my immediate circle is sick or worse as a result.

Beal, I hope everything is OK for you all.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier

Wishing everyone in here and those they love who have been affected by this virus a full and speedy recovery.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. We’ll get there.

Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote