Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:11 AM
No governor, though

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:27 PM   #682
Blue Crack Supplier

Nailed it.
Got appointments for me and my wife tomorrow afternoon at the local drive thru vax site right here at the fairgrounds in our town.
Had to do the 2 browser trick to nail both slots when they dropped, a similar rush to buying concert tickets. 600 slots were gone in no time.

Hello Pfizer.

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:29 PM   #683
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
Wonder if this will be a superspreader.

Honestly? It probably won't be.

Which is great.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:43 AM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Nailed it.
Got appointments for me and my wife tomorrow afternoon at the local drive thru vax site right here at the fairgrounds in our town.
Had to do the 2 browser trick to nail both slots when they dropped, a similar rush to buying concert tickets. 600 slots were gone in no time.

Hello Pfizer.
Yay! Did you ever think you'd be doing the two browser trick for vaccines?

I tried on and off all day yesterday. Had a couple of Walgreens appointments 25 miles away, when I clicked on them to make the appointment they were already gone.

I preregistered for the mass sites, they sent me a text yesterday that I will get a text today to try to make an appointment. Can't get to Gillette, but I will try some of the others. It is like the Hunger Games, ridiculous.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #685
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Yay! Did you ever think you'd be doing the two browser trick for vaccines?

I tried on and off all day yesterday. Had a couple of Walgreens appointments 25 miles away, when I clicked on them to make the appointment they were already gone.

I preregistered for the mass sites, they sent me a text yesterday that I will get a text today to try to make an appointment. Can't get to Gillette, but I will try some of the others. It is like the Hunger Games, ridiculous.
It is a bit crazy, really think the plan that the state had in place since the swine flu to let all local DPHs handle things might have been better suited for most folks. Not sure why Baker opted to ignore it, I understand the mass vax sites make sense but maybe could have run those in conjunction with the local plan rather than having CVS and Walgreens and similar handle so much of the smaller localized shots. If you had a dedicated site just for residents of your town then you'd have far less competition looking for appointments.

I know a couple of folks who have gone to the mass vax site in Danvers (Doubletree Hotel) that said it was incredibly smooth, 20 minutes in and out which included the 15 minute wait to see if you have a reaction time. That would seem the easiest drive from your area as well.
My sister went to Reggie Lewis center (she took her 92 year old neighbor and got in with the companion program) and said that was efficient as well, just took a bit to find parking there.

Good luck.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:02 AM   #686
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Congrats, Hewson. Very excited for you!
gump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:23 AM   #687
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It is a bit crazy, really think the plan that the state had in place since the swine flu to let all local DPHs handle things might have been better suited for most folks. Not sure why Baker opted to ignore it, I understand the mass vax sites make sense but maybe could have run those in conjunction with the local plan rather than having CVS and Walgreens and similar handle so much of the smaller localized shots. If you had a dedicated site just for residents of your town then you'd have far less competition looking for appointments.

I know a couple of folks who have gone to the mass vax site in Danvers (Doubletree Hotel) that said it was incredibly smooth, 20 minutes in and out which included the 15 minute wait to see if you have a reaction time. That would seem the easiest drive from your area as well.
My sister went to Reggie Lewis center (she took her 92 year old neighbor and got in with the companion program) and said that was efficient as well, just took a bit to find parking there.

Good luck.
Got an appointment this Saturday in Danvers through the text . It was the place that came up, I think you have to just take what they give you. I have a site much closer, but I definitely take what I can get. As a person with anxiety the whole process is tough to deal with, let alone covid.

It's Pfizer. Had two more appointments at Walgreens this morning, then poof they were gone when I clicked on them. They said it was Johnson and Johnson too.

So relieved that it makes me emotional. Might cry when I get it too.

I am impressed, Baker waited his turn and is getting vaccinated today. Not taking advantage of his position.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:34 AM   #688
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Got an appointment this Saturday in Danvers through the text . It was the place that came up, I think you have to just take what they give you. I have a site much closer, but I definitely take what I can get. As a person with anxiety the whole process is tough to deal with, let alone covid.

It's Pfizer. Had two more appointments at Walgreens this morning, then poof they were gone when I clicked on them. They said it was Johnson and Johnson too.

I am impressed, Baker waited his turn and is getting vaccinated today. Not taking advantage of his position.

Hooray! Very happy for you.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:50 AM   #689
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Hooray! Very happy for you.
Thanks 🙂 For me it's finally something positive in my life, and will eventually make me feel more comfortable doing things that I used to enjoy doing.

Remember the days when we used to be happy for other posters here who got U2 tickets? Now it's covid vaccines.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah that BIPOC privilege is just so damn unfair isn't it?

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont Gov. Phil Scott on Monday condemned the “racist response” to his administration’s decision to make Black, indigenous, and people of color of any age eligible for a coronavirus vaccine before residents of other races.

The state granted preferential vaccine access April 1 to the BIPOC community and anyone living in their households. The Republican Scott called their disparity in vaccination rates compared to non-Hispanic whites “unacceptable.”

About 20% of the state’s BOPIC population has received at least one dose of the vaccine, compared with an about 33% vaccination rate for non-Hispanic white residents, Scott said in a statement Monday.

“In addition to the greater risk of hospitalization among BIPOC community members, the pace of vaccination for these individuals is too far behind the white population,” Scott said in the statement.

Vermonters of other races aged 40 and over became eligible Monday, with those 30 and over scheduled for eligibility April 12 and all others 16 and up eligible April 19.

Scott said his office, the state Health Department and “those hardworking individuals getting us vaccinated, have been subjected” recently “to vitriolic and inappropriate comments in social media and other forums regarding this decision.”

“And it is evidence that many Americans, and many Vermonters, still have a lot to learn about the impacts of racism in our country and how it has influenced public policy over the years,” he said in the statement.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:45 AM   #691
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Great news.
Like I said, I've heard the Danvers site runs very smoothly.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #692
Blue Crack Addict

Biden wants vaccines open to all adults on April 19 now, instead of May 1st.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #693
Blue Crack Supplier

Shot #1 done, shot 2 scheduled for 4/27.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #694
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:
Shot #1 done, shot 2 scheduled for 4/27.

We are shot #2 day twinsies
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #695
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 04-06-2021, 10:30 PM   #696
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:
Biden wants vaccines open to all adults on April 19 now, instead of May 1st.
The sooner the better, works for me .

Apparently my aunt and uncle are now going to get vaccines, which makes me feel a lot better. I don't know what changed their minds, but whatever it was, hopefully it'll encourage others who've been resistant as well.

Tomorrow my mom and I get our first doses. Looking forward to finally joining the rest of you guys who've done it already .
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #697
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
The sooner the better, works for me .

Apparently my aunt and uncle are now going to get vaccines, which makes me feel a lot better. I don't know what changed their minds, but whatever it was, hopefully it'll encourage others who've been resistant as well.

Tomorrow my mom and I get our first doses. Looking forward to finally joining the rest of you guys who've done it already .
That's great!
Old 04-07-2021, 04:13 PM   #698
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
we were in "lockdown" until 2 weeks ago, they allowed outdoor social distanced patio dining for like 10 days and now we're going into "emergency brakes lockdown" on saturday whatever the hell that means yayyyy
and now as of 12:01 am tomorrow we're going from "emergency brakes lockdown" to "stay at home lockdown". what a fucking joke.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #699
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
and now as of 12:01 am tomorrow we're going from "emergency brakes lockdown" to "stay at home lockdown". what a fucking joke.
Are you in a hot spot? I'm "lucky" that both my residential postal code and work postal code are in hot spots. My work one has got to be sorted in one of the worst hit neighbourhoods which will be open for 18+ very soon I imagine.

Last year we ended up selling our house and buying another one because we just couldn't handle not having two dedicated home offices. By Toronto standards we have a really large property now given that it's an 8-10 min walk from two subway stations on the Bloor line and I really feel for you if you are stuck in a condo. It's honestly so oppressive already.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:55 PM   #700
Blue Crack Addict

i am in a hot spot at home, but not at work, though that probably makes no difference considering i haven't set foot in the office in over a year. it's kind of a shitty conflicting feeling that this (likely) improvement in my own personal situation is only going to happen because things are getting worse overall, but at this point i'll take whatever i can get.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote