Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,950
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

To bring more clarity too

Everyone who’s been sick has taken this thing seriously. They don’t consider it a flu or a hoax

But they let their guards down. Thinking of this sore throat or headache is due to the weather. Family is a tough one to be away from or let go of. They still should have been smarter but i don’t hold any ill will towards them either. They didn’t do it on purpose

Grandma wants to die haha. After grandpa died a year ago she wakes up every day, lights a candle by his picture and prays to join him

But she keeps on ticking. Blood clots, broken hip, and now covid.

I think thanksgiving and Christmas will set this country’s covid response back a ton. Very few will want to be away from family. Very few will want to cancel Friends-giving for large groups.

It’ll be great when the Biden team takes over. To have useful knowledge and data shared with everyone. To have a plan that adapts and makes sense at the time it’s given.

Of course who knows what the Trump admin or congress will do to obstruct any Biden covid response.

Biden says covid relates medical costs should be free, and same with vaccine.

Can the GOP Congress or courts stop something like that ?
__________________

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #42
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,881
Local Time: 05:35 AM
Really hope things work out for your family, BEAL.

Ashley's family came out to visit from Indiana two weeks ago and she's had a lingering cough ever since. Her mom had dizziness and nausea for several days but seems to be actively refusing to get tested for whatever reason and it's quite upsetting. I have been battling cold/allergy symptoms that aren't sufficiently explained by anything in particular. The two of us are getting tested later this afternoon.
__________________

LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 27,418
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Really hope things work out for your family, BEAL.

Ashley's family came out to visit from Indiana two weeks ago and she's had a lingering cough ever since. Her mom had dizziness and nausea for several days but seems to be actively refusing to get tested for whatever reason and it's quite upsetting. I have been battling cold/allergy symptoms that aren't sufficiently explained by anything in particular. The two of us are getting tested later this afternoon.

I hope so too BEAL

And I hope you and Ashley test negative. Sorry that her Mom won't get tested.

These are just horrible times.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:51 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 27,418
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Pfizer vaccine looking good from the interim analysis, 90% effective.
I hope and pray it will work out. That multiple companies will be successful.

I believe that President Biden (hopefully....I am honestly nervous about Trump's legal bullshit) will be far more competent regarding covid. Of course perhaps even a trained monkey would be better than the Trump administration in that regard.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,546
Local Time: 05:35 AM
Ben Carson has tested positive.
Danny Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:21 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,936
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Best wishes to all of your family members BEAL for a full and quick recovery.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #47
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,881
Local Time: 05:35 AM
To further explicate this great Pfizer news, one of the most important features of the vaccine is that it is based on mRNA rather than DNA. This article gives a thorough overview of the differences, but I will break down a few of the highlights:

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...-vaccines.html

1. mRNA vaccines are built on the concept of tricking the body into creating viral proteins using messenger RNA, rather than merely sending out antibodies based on a code that it is familiar with once it comes into contact with a virus. Think of it as getting a jump on the opposition.

2. mRNA vaccines have never been licensed, but mRNA tech has been used to fight cancer in the past. There are many unknowns; these human trials that are currently being conducted are enormously important for vaccine development going forward.

3. mRNA vaccines may be easier to develop and produce than traditional DNA vaccines. In this way, the timeline we have been given for distributing the vaccine may be a little more pessimistic than what is possible, as there is no precedent for producing an mRNA vaccine to scale.

"And by getting the human body to produce the viral proteins itself, mRNA vaccines cut out some of the manufacturing process and should be easier and quicker to produce than traditional vaccines. ‘In this situation, the major benefit is that it's easy to produce (and) it will also probably be relatively easy to do an upscaling of production, which of course, is very important if you think about deployment throughout Europe and the world,’ said Prof. Bekeredjian-Ding."

A successful mRNA vaccine, or several, would be a turning point in vaccine production that could impact the way we treat any number of common illnesses. Science just needed the opportunity to break status quo.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,287
Local Time: 09:35 AM
Definitely love me the details put well for the laypeople, thanks for the explanation
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,936
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
To further explicate this great Pfizer news, one of the most important features of the vaccine is that it is based on mRNA rather than DNA. This article gives a thorough overview of the differences, but I will break down a few of the highlights:

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...-vaccines.html

1. mRNA vaccines are built on the concept of tricking the body into creating viral proteins using messenger RNA, rather than merely sending out antibodies based on a code that it is familiar with once it comes into contact with a virus. Think of it as getting a jump on the opposition.

2. mRNA vaccines have never been licensed, but mRNA tech has been used to fight cancer in the past. There are many unknowns; these human trials that are currently being conducted are enormously important for vaccine development going forward.

3. mRNA vaccines may be easier to develop and produce than traditional DNA vaccines. In this way, the timeline we have been given for distributing the vaccine may be a little more pessimistic than what is possible, as there is no precedent for producing an mRNA vaccine to scale.

"And by getting the human body to produce the viral proteins itself, mRNA vaccines cut out some of the manufacturing process and should be easier and quicker to produce than traditional vaccines. ‘In this situation, the major benefit is that it's easy to produce (and) it will also probably be relatively easy to do an upscaling of production, which of course, is very important if you think about deployment throughout Europe and the world,’ said Prof. Bekeredjian-Ding."

A successful mRNA vaccine, or several, would be a turning point in vaccine production that could impact the way we treat any number of common illnesses. Science just needed the opportunity to break status quo.
Good info, thanks for the breakdown.
Certainly a reason to have some optimism.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: mar-a-lago delenda est
Posts: 21,315
Local Time: 08:35 AM
safe to say that today we've all gotten a big rise thanks to pfizer.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,728
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Really promising. mRNA has played an important role in the last couple of years, outside of the vaccine sphere, but this sort of funding will inevitably lead to accelerated development.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,567
Local Time: 07:35 AM
Very happy to hear the news about the vaccine . Here's hoping all goes well with that going forward, then.

Sending well wishes to your families, BEAL and LM, and to you as well. Hope all turns out okay for you guys. Take care.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:34 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,950
Local Time: 01:35 PM
It’s been seven days since my mom was exposed to covid and she says she’s feeling fine. Same when dad. They’ll feel better once they get 12-14 days out and still no issues.

Des Moines was forecasting they’d run out of hospital beds late November early December based on the projections / numbers.

They ran out of room tonight.

Iowa Gov has sent out adverts saying to wear masks when around groups, wash hands and distance

But restaurants, bars, offices, etc are all still operating at 75-100% capacity.
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,345
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Hope your family recovers quickly, Beal.

The numbers this week are mind boggling. The 7-day average is over 110k cases/day, and daily deaths will surpass the summer peak in a couple of days most likely. Oh, and we are close to the spring peak in hospitalizations (though data wasn't as good back then).
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:00 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,728
Local Time: 08:35 AM
I don't think that anybody cares about numbers anymore, seems like hospitalizations/ICU bed availability is the only parameter that the governments are concerned about.

Obviously there is a correlation between the two, but as we are seeing in other places, lockdowns aren't happening until the healthcare system is brought nearly to the brink.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,273
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
safe to say that today we've all gotten a big rise thanks to pfizer.
I will not let your quality dick joke to go unnoticed, sir. I salute your efforts.

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,060
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Pfizer? Or Pfizer Landscaping?
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,345
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I don't think that anybody cares about numbers anymore, seems like hospitalizations/ICU bed availability is the only parameter that the governments are concerned about.

Obviously there is a correlation between the two, but as we are seeing in other places, lockdowns aren't happening until the healthcare system is brought nearly to the brink.
I hear you, but the you have north of 100K cases a day it won't take long for hospitals to be crowded and for the death toll to pick up again. We are getting there already in the US. I think the only difference now is that this is truly a nation-wide pandemic as opposed to pockets of the country.

NY State had managed to avoid the worst after the fall, but even here the number of daily cases has increased 7- or 8-fold since the summer months. And the death tool, which was below 10 a day in the summer, reached 32 today. And the weather has been fantastic, allowing people to stay outdoors most of these recent weeks. I am not looking forward to December/January.
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,273
Local Time: 08:35 AM
.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,950
Local Time: 01:35 PM
https://twitter.com/telegraph/status...958837761?s=21

Could not see that coming....

And Chicago issues stay at home order effective Monday.

Only leave home for essentials. Stating thanksgiving plans should only include members of immediate household.
__________________

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×