Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s kinda interesting that many (not all) of you who said “I’m not taking that Trump vaccine, it’s too rushed!”, are now willfully and gleefully taking it because Biden is President, but it’s the same vaccine.

Who is "many of you?"

Do you know who you're talking to?

I don't recall a single person on this board ever saying that. This isn't your Facebook feed.

Trump wanted the vaccines out before election day(bypassing all the required steps), in order to help him get reelected. That is a fact. No way in hell would I have taken that vaccine.

I bet hesitant Republicans would take it if Trump was still President. Of course man baby tried to keep it secret that he got the vaccine before he left the WH. And he still won't record any kind of PSA.

It’s kinda interesting that many (not all) of you who said “I’m not taking that Trump vaccine, it’s too rushed!”, are now willfully and gleefully taking it because Biden is President, but it’s the same vaccine.

It’s not Trump’s or Biden’s vaccine. They’re talking figures. It’s the vaccine of the American people made by the American people (with help from international partners in some instances).

It’s not Trump’s or Biden’s vaccine. They’re talking figures. It’s the vaccine of the American people made by the American people (with help from international partners in some instances).

Right.
I don't credit any politician for the vaccine, I credit scientists, who did an amazing job,

I will give some credit to the current administration for getting the distribution to the levels it needed to be at. Any competent administration should be able to achieve that.

Just in case anyone forgot: the vaccine rollout was a shitshow in America under the Trump administration and many feared it would be a difficult, protracted ordeal.

Amazing what actual leadership can do for public health.

And let’s not forget that the politicization of something as basic as makes wearing resulted in hundreds of thousands of needless death.

Donald Trump killed a lot of Americans.

Just in case anyone forgot: the vaccine rollout was a shitshow in America under the Trump administration and many feared it would be a difficult, protracted ordeal.

Amazing what actual leadership can do for public health.

And let’s not forget that the politicization of something as basic as makes wearing resulted in hundreds of thousands of needless death.

Donald Trump killed a lot of Americans.

This. There's also the fact that Trump didn't support or listen to actual scientists and actually suggested on national TV that people should inject bleach to deal with the virus.

Biden, on the other hand, listens to scientists and didn't tell people to inject bleach. So, y'know, I'm going to trust and listen to the guy who doesn't tell people to inject bleach.

This shouldn't be hard for anyone who bothers to actually take the time to think for more than five seconds to understand.

After months of ineptitude, the Canadian gov't finally steps up. First country to approve Pfizer for use in kids 12+.

Extra Moderna just announced coming this week.

COVID is about to get cooked up here and in a hurry.

I hope things continue to improve in Canada. In the US walk in vaccines are going to be available in drugstores. I got my appointment for my second Pfizer at my local CVS. There was never any availability there for the first one or for any vaccine.

Big shift away from the mass vaccination sites.

Speaking of drugstores, it's interesting seeing all these ads about vaccines being available at Walgreens, 'cause our local Walgreens isn't doing them anymore. Why, I don't know. But we've got a few other places in town where they are available, so at least there's that.

As of today, my mom and I are now fully vaccinated :) :up:. Such a relief to be able to say that. So far so good on the effects of the second does-like the first one, my arm just feels a little tender thus far, but that's it.

DC announced today that pretty much everything other than bars, nightclubs and sportsball stadiums can reopen at 100% on May 21, and the bars, clubs and sportsball arenas can go to 100% on June 11. which is amazing and all, but, like, she didn't tell anyone.

she is literally going from one of the strictest jurisdictions in the country to, ah, fuck it everything's good without any middle ground.

Great news, but you also have no way of knowing who is vaccinated and who isn't. I don't want to still wear a mask indoors if I don't have to. But the uncertainty of that, and things like the Yankees situation, still make me a bit skittish. It is tougher when you live with anxiety.

I know that the vaccines protect you from serious illness. For me it's just tough to flip that switch, even after all this time. I will definitely wear a mask until I am two weeks past my second shot, which was Tuesday.

I think they are trying to give an incentive for getting vaccinated. The CDC has made it clear that it can be reversed if numbers start going in the wrong direction.

There’s no incentive when concert venues and Broadway theatres aren’t requiring proof of vaccination for entry, or when baseball stadiums are offering up 50% of the capacity to unvaxxed people who don’t even have to present a negative test result. The mind boggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom