Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we have quarantine rules when traveling from out of state here as well (actually just been downgraded to recommendations), but most people don't really follow them. Can also get a negative Covid test to skip the quarantine period.

Sucks about your wedding, hope you have a grand bash next summer.

I'm glad I got Pfizer instead of J&J. I've been talking up the innovations of mRNA tech for the past year (I see it as a powerful ally against cancer), so when it came time to give it a spin, it was there and the side effects weren't too bad. The efficacy data they're delivering is fantastic and the shot seems to offer some long term protection.

Honestly, I'm just really happy and grateful to be alive and in the position I'm in today. And if you remember how I was talking a year ago, that's an amazing turnaround.

I’m only glad that I got Moderna because it jives with my federalist pro government science side. That’s it. Otherwise, you could’ve given me anything so long as I wasn’t first because I’m a chicken.

I'm vaccinated fully and my wife is half way there, so hey, we made it work... but holy hell has DC botched the vaccine rollout.

This came out, oh, 6 hours after a "we're behind because we're not a state puff piece in the Atlantic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully in favor of statehood. But statehood isn't the catch-all solution to ineptitude.

Giant holds off on acquiring more coronavirus vaccine for D.C. stores
By Julie Zauzmer, Lola Fadulu and Erin Cox

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c4c3d2-93c2-11eb-9668-89be11273c09_story.html

Happy to report that the Pfizer microchip has been implanted in my arm.

I have followed the eligibility rules too. I suppose I could really stretch the truth and say that I am a former smoker because I smoked cigarettes a few times many years ago? But that doesn't seem honest to me, because it isn't.

I'm an honest person, in this world to my own detriment sometimes. It just wouldn't sit well with me to get vaccinated over someone who needs it medically more than I do. People who have outright lied to get it, well they can live with that.

Last edited:
I have followed the eligibility rules too. I suppose I could really stretch the truth and say that I am a former smoker because I smoked cigarettes a few times many years ago? But that doesn't seem honest to me, because it isn't.

I'm an honest person, in this world to my own detriment sometimes. It just wouldn't sit well with me to get vaccinated over someone who needs it medically more than I do. People who have outright lied to get it, well they can live with that.

Yep.
I figure karma will bite some of the folks who lied about their eligibility.
Was just able to find an appointment for tomorrow when I (and the Mrs) officially become eligible, but the attestation is still the existing eligibility requirements, apparently I'm eligible to sign up tomorrow, thought I could sign up now for an appt. tomorrow. Oh well, one more day, hope I have some luck searching tomorrow.

Yep.

I figure karma will bite some of the folks who lied about their eligibility.

Was just able to find an appointment for tomorrow when I (and the Mrs) officially become eligible, but the attestation is still the existing eligibility requirements, apparently I'm eligible to sign up tomorrow, thought I could sign up now for an appt. tomorrow. Oh well, one more day, hope I have some luck searching tomorrow.

It was the same here in New York last week. Eventually they updated the forms/websites in the course of the day. By Monday evening you could click on the actual new, enlarged eligibility criteria.

My thought is that anyone who lied or stretched the truth to get a vaccine is simply cancelling out the crazy Q/Anti Vaxxers who refuse to get it, but at least the former is doing a good public service in helping us achieve herd immunity.

I understood and respected the limits and restrictions on access at the begining of the roll out, and I waited until I became eligible to book an appointment, got lucky with DC's system and snagged one.

That said - we're past that point now. Everyone should be eligible. I have zero issues with anyone who stretches the truth to get around restrictions in slow moving jurisdictions. At this point let's just get as many needles in arms as fast as we possibly can.

Agreed. Once the oldies and hospital people got vaccinated it should be open season - only reason it’s not is to meter the demand.

I followed the rules but sometimes you need to read the fine print. “Marylanders” for example did not mean “residents” and I live a mile outside Maryland. Their FAQ says in fact they have no residence requirement.

Yep! I'm in Healthcare Sales, and when I called a couple weeks ago and told them I'm in Healthcare Sales, I think they just head "Healthcare" and said "Yep we'll get you in tomorrow". In no way did I feel guilty. I see enough shitty people still spreading their antivaxxer bs that I just felt like I was taking their spot.

Agreed. Once the oldies and hospital people got vaccinated it should be open season - only reason it’s not is to meter the demand.

I followed the rules but sometimes you need to read the fine print. “Marylanders” for example did not mean “residents” and I live a mile outside Maryland. Their FAQ says in fact they have no residence requirement.
Last week appeared to be the week that DC residents figured out that they were probably eligible in MD and if you were willing to drive they had oodles of availability an hour or so outside the city.

wow the space industry must really be going through some tough times if the rocket scientists need to take second jobs selling menswear.

wow the space industry must really be going through some tough times if the rocket scientists need to take second jobs selling menswear.

DSC06305.jpg

Nailed it.
Got appointments for me and my wife tomorrow afternoon at the local drive thru vax site right here at the fairgrounds in our town.
Had to do the 2 browser trick to nail both slots when they dropped, a similar rush to buying concert tickets. 600 slots were gone in no time.

Hello Pfizer.

Nailed it.
Got appointments for me and my wife tomorrow afternoon at the local drive thru vax site right here at the fairgrounds in our town.
Had to do the 2 browser trick to nail both slots when they dropped, a similar rush to buying concert tickets. 600 slots were gone in no time.

Hello Pfizer.

Yay! Did you ever think you'd be doing the two browser trick for vaccines?

I tried on and off all day yesterday. Had a couple of Walgreens appointments 25 miles away, when I clicked on them to make the appointment they were already gone.

I preregistered for the mass sites, they sent me a text yesterday that I will get a text today to try to make an appointment. Can't get to Gillette, but I will try some of the others. It is like the Hunger Games, ridiculous.

Yay! Did you ever think you'd be doing the two browser trick for vaccines?

I tried on and off all day yesterday. Had a couple of Walgreens appointments 25 miles away, when I clicked on them to make the appointment they were already gone.

I preregistered for the mass sites, they sent me a text yesterday that I will get a text today to try to make an appointment. Can't get to Gillette, but I will try some of the others. It is like the Hunger Games, ridiculous.
It is a bit crazy, really think the plan that the state had in place since the swine flu to let all local DPHs handle things might have been better suited for most folks. Not sure why Baker opted to ignore it, I understand the mass vax sites make sense but maybe could have run those in conjunction with the local plan rather than having CVS and Walgreens and similar handle so much of the smaller localized shots. If you had a dedicated site just for residents of your town then you'd have far less competition looking for appointments.

I know a couple of folks who have gone to the mass vax site in Danvers (Doubletree Hotel) that said it was incredibly smooth, 20 minutes in and out which included the 15 minute wait to see if you have a reaction time. That would seem the easiest drive from your area as well.
My sister went to Reggie Lewis center (she took her 92 year old neighbor and got in with the companion program) and said that was efficient as well, just took a bit to find parking there.

Good luck.

It is a bit crazy, really think the plan that the state had in place since the swine flu to let all local DPHs handle things might have been better suited for most folks. Not sure why Baker opted to ignore it, I understand the mass vax sites make sense but maybe could have run those in conjunction with the local plan rather than having CVS and Walgreens and similar handle so much of the smaller localized shots. If you had a dedicated site just for residents of your town then you'd have far less competition looking for appointments.

I know a couple of folks who have gone to the mass vax site in Danvers (Doubletree Hotel) that said it was incredibly smooth, 20 minutes in and out which included the 15 minute wait to see if you have a reaction time. That would seem the easiest drive from your area as well.
My sister went to Reggie Lewis center (she took her 92 year old neighbor and got in with the companion program) and said that was efficient as well, just took a bit to find parking there.

Good luck.

Got an appointment this Saturday in Danvers through the text . It was the place that came up, I think you have to just take what they give you. I have a site much closer, but I definitely take what I can get. As a person with anxiety the whole process is tough to deal with, let alone covid.

It's Pfizer. Had two more appointments at Walgreens this morning, then poof they were gone when I clicked on them. They said it was Johnson and Johnson too.

So relieved that it makes me emotional. Might cry when I get it too.

I am impressed, Baker waited his turn and is getting vaccinated today. Not taking advantage of his position.

Got an appointment this Saturday in Danvers through the text . It was the place that came up, I think you have to just take what they give you. I have a site much closer, but I definitely take what I can get. As a person with anxiety the whole process is tough to deal with, let alone covid.

It's Pfizer. Had two more appointments at Walgreens this morning, then poof they were gone when I clicked on them. They said it was Johnson and Johnson too.

So relieved that it makes me emotional. Might cry when I get it too.

I am impressed, Baker waited his turn and is getting vaccinated today. Not taking advantage of his position.

Hooray! Very happy for you.

Hooray! Very happy for you.

Thanks ? For me it's finally something positive in my life, and will eventually make me feel more comfortable doing things that I used to enjoy doing.

Remember the days when we used to be happy for other posters here who got U2 tickets? Now it's covid vaccines.

Yeah that BIPOC privilege is just so damn unfair isn't it?

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont Gov. Phil Scott on Monday condemned the “racist response” to his administration’s decision to make Black, indigenous, and people of color of any age eligible for a coronavirus vaccine before residents of other races.

The state granted preferential vaccine access April 1 to the BIPOC community and anyone living in their households. The Republican Scott called their disparity in vaccination rates compared to non-Hispanic whites “unacceptable.”

About 20% of the state’s BOPIC population has received at least one dose of the vaccine, compared with an about 33% vaccination rate for non-Hispanic white residents, Scott said in a statement Monday.

“In addition to the greater risk of hospitalization among BIPOC community members, the pace of vaccination for these individuals is too far behind the white population,” Scott said in the statement.

Vermonters of other races aged 40 and over became eligible Monday, with those 30 and over scheduled for eligibility April 12 and all others 16 and up eligible April 19.

Scott said his office, the state Health Department and “those hardworking individuals getting us vaccinated, have been subjected” recently “to vitriolic and inappropriate comments in social media and other forums regarding this decision.”

“And it is evidence that many Americans, and many Vermonters, still have a lot to learn about the impacts of racism in our country and how it has influenced public policy over the years,” he said in the statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom