Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting my vaccine in the morning. Utah opened it up yesterday to ages 16-64 with certain medical conditions and I qualify for two.

It’s been an anxious year not knowing how I would handle covid if I got it. Really happy to be getting it done this soon.

Last edited:
Getting my vaccine in the morning. Utah opened it up yesterday to ages 16-64 with certain medical conditions and I qualify for two.

It’s been an anxious year not knowing how I would handle covid if I got it. Really happy to be getting it done this soon.

Good news, hope you have mild or zero side effects.

Johnson and Johnson vaccine should be approved today. Biden says they will start distribution asap if approved.

Hopefully they'll be smart and ship this immediately to places where cold storage issues of the other vaccines are a problem to make vaccine access equitable for everyone.

I’m eligible for my second dosage shot on March 18th - which marks the one year anniversary of my agency shutting down and all of us working remotely at home. For the most part... I’m allowed to go into my office once a week on Wednesday’s to check on things and then just bounce. I honestly don’t know what it would be like to work full time in a building again. I’ve gotten quite comfortable working at home.

Going back to the vaccine.. I got my first dosage the other day of the Pfizer vaccine.. I don’t know if it was just the fact that I waited almost two hours in the morning to get it at at my local hospital coupled with the fact that hadn’t ate anything yet.. but I kind of felt light headed a few minutes after getting it and then felt an odd tingling allergic feeling in my face and lips. By the time I got home and ate I actually got tired and power napped before logging back into work.

From what I’ve been told by friends and coworkers who got both dosages, the second one is the one that screws you up. So I don’t know what my deal was.

Here in San Diego the distribution has been a mess. They changed the groups and tiers in them and now my company isn’t sure if we qualify.

Doesn’t matter when appointments keep getting canceled for weeks due to shortage. Petco field has a large drive thru site and the 2nd time in three weeks it’s been shut down for the entire week due to the shortage.

Aye it's been noticeable that colleagues who have already had covid have had more prominent side effects post single dose, than those who have never had covid.

Bad hangover etc

Essentially they got a second dose.

The data suggests that antibody response in these individuals is up to 10x HIGHER after one dose. Realistically, they really should not need the second dose and some thought should be applied to exempting them. That would also help in getting us to herd immunity sooner.

The data suggests that antibody response in these individuals is up to 10x HIGHER after one dose. Realistically, they really should not need the second dose and some thought should be applied to exempting them. That would also help in getting us to herd immunity sooner.

Spain and France I think have already made that decision, planning to give one dose to those who have already had Covid, though I think Spain are limiting that to under 55s.

Its a fairly sensible idea anyway and as you say would speed things up.

Had mine 3 weeks ago here in the UK...some mild flu like side effects for about 24 hours then fine. Waiting for call back for the second one- which I think maybe later this month now with the vaccination capacity increasing over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom