Glenn Beck Has A Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hollywood Reporter

James Cameron trashes Glenn Beck

'Avatar' director wants to debate Fox News host

By Alex Ben Block

March 24, 2010, 12:36 AM ET

"Avatar" director James Cameron lashed out at Glenn Beck at a news conference Tuesday, offering to debate the Fox News personality on environmental and political issues.

Asked what he thought about Beck during a junket appearance in support of the "Avatar" home video release, Cameron said: "Glenn Beck is a fucking asshole. I've met him. He called me the anti-Christ, and not about 'Avatar.' He hadn't even seen 'Avatar' yet. I don't know if he has seen it."

Cameron was apparently referring to Beck's reaction to his 2007 documentary, "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," which casts doubt on the resurrection of Jesus Christ and makes the case that the ancient "Tomb of the Ten Ossuaries" belonged to Jesus' family.

After blasting Beck (audio at left), Cameron, surrounded by journalists inside a West Hollywood hillside mansion, seemed to reconsider: "I think, you know what, he may or may not be an asshole, but he certainly is dangerous, and I'd love to have a dialogue with him."

What makes Beck dangerous, THR asked Cameron at the junket.

"He's dangerous because his ideas are poisonous," Cameron answered. "I couldn't believe when he was on CNN. I thought, what happened to CNN? Who is this guy? Who is this madman? And then of course he wound up on Fox News, which is where he belongs, I guess."

Asked by THR if he felt the right wing's attacks against him were continuing, Cameron replied: "They're not attacks. They're just people ranting away, lost in their little bubbles of reality, steeped in their own hatred, their own fear and hatred. That's where it all comes from. Let's just call it out. Let's have a public discussion. That's what movies are supposed to do, you know, you can have a mindless entertainment film that doesn't affect anybody. I wasn't interested in that."

The "Avatar" director was equally unsparing in his comments about those who don't accept global warming as fact.

"That's right," Cameron said. "I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads."

Turning more serious, he added: "Anybody that is a global warming denier at this point in time has got their head so deeply up their ass I'm not sure they could hear me."

By making the environment the theme of his home video release plan, Cameron is sending a message.

"Look, at this point I'm less interested in making money for the movie and more interested in saving the world that my children are going to inhabit. How about that? I mean, look, I didn't make this movie with these strong environmental anti-war themes in it to make friends on the right, you know.

"They're not on my Christmas card list," Cameron added. "It's not going to change my lifestyle at all if they don't talk to me. But, you know, they've got to live in this world, too. And their children do as well, so they're going to have to be answerable to this at some point."

Fox had gathered nearly 100 journalists from around the world for a press junket that included a screening of four vivid video clips from the movie to show the quality of the conversion.

Cameron and "Avatar" producer Jon Landau opened the program by pledging an environmental theme to the release of "Avatar" into the home video market. The video release of "Avatar" is now set for April 22, which is not insignificantly Earth Day, as Beck is likely to notice.

While still working for CNN, Beck teed up an on-air interview with Cameron regarding "Tomb" with the following comment, according to a CNN transcript: "Many people believe James Cameron officially has tossed his hat in the ring today and is officially running for anti-Christ."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CMffJcHi58

Beck's response today had some aweome line about Avatar being about "murdering Smurfs" or something.

For that and that alone, I will give Glenn a :lol: and a :up:

I thought Obama was the antichrist.
devil.gif

Being Hutaree is to stay the Testimony of Christ alive, and follow a motto, John15:13, “Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” We are hoping that through this website we can reach out to those who have not the word of God and those who are lost in there ideas of Christ. Many of the things Christ said would happen have happened and some things are still in the works of happening.

We all must know that we all carry a cross and a soldiers cross is just as heavy as any other. Just as Jesus did we must also carry our cross to our destination our life abounds us to. All people are givin a destination by God’s will and have to continue there walk to there own golgotha. But many people, even christians don’t agree with the things we do but all we have to say is, we will not argue over the Bible, read it for what it is. We believe only what the Bible says and not on only philosophy, as many christians of this day do. Christ is our king of kings and top general of all things, for we are not of this world but we live in it.

their website is interesting

but, in all fairness, when I did watch Beck last, the whole program was devoted to not doing any violence, he was saying the 'Left' wanted the Tea Bag party to be caught in some unlawful behaviour and not to accommodate them,
he said the place to win was at the ballot box.

Fox News Host Glenn Beck was recognized at Liberty University this weekend for his "tireless efforts to preserve the American ideal."

Beck gave the keynote address to the class of 2010 and also received an honorary doctorate of humanities from the Virginia school.

According to Liberty's account of Beck's speech, the pundit was rendered teary by the distinction. (The Right Scoop reports that Beck choked up a total of 7 times.)

"As a man who was never able to go to college -- I'm the first in my family that went; I went for one semester; I couldn't afford more than that -- I am humbly honored," he said.

In his speech, Beck told graduates to "turn to God and live."

"Life is only what you make of it," he said. "Nothing more, nothing less. ... God is the truth. The truth will consume everything that is not true. ... The world is full of lies."

Beck also read the audience passages from his journal that he had written for his daughter, urging her (and graduates) to "marry for God" and "always forgive."

Gold star to anyone who watches all 11 min of this. I'll give him credit for being a man who is not afraid to cry in public. I'm just not sure how many of the tears are genuine.

YouTube - Glenn Beck- Liberty University Commencement Speech

Yeah, social justice, boy, that's some horrible stuff, that is. As long as you've got yours, screw everyone else, right? :rolleyes:

He listens to and is supported by Jerry Falwell, Jr. That pretty much answers everything for me. I remember somebody recently commented on Glenn accepting that honorary doctorate, and how strange it was that just before he received his diploma he'd talked about how people should never take things they haven't truly earned.

After the proper article in the "Odds and Ends" section there were bits relating to things with "pro-family" candidates and organizations-I'm so sick to death of those groups, they're all psychos, every one of them. It truly terrifies me to think people out there take those groups and Glenn Beck seriously.

Angela

UPDATE: Glenn Beck has issued a statement, addressing the matter described below:

"In discussing how President Obama uses children to shield himself from criticism, I broke my own rule about leaving kids out of political debates. The children of public figures should be left on the sidelines. It was a stupid mistake and I apologize--and as a dad I should have known better."

Obama uses children (I assume he means Sasha and Malia but maybe Obama is so evil and powerful that he uses all children everywhere) to shield himself from criticism? How exactly? I think he uses Bo the dog for that purpose too.

Beck is a total scumbag for involving that little girl in his ranting and raving

UPDATE: Glenn Beck has issued a statement, addressing the matter described below:

"In discussing how President Obama uses children to shield himself from criticism, I broke my own rule about leaving kids out of political debates. The children of public figures should be left on the sidelines. It was a stupid mistake and I apologize--and as a dad I should have known better."

Obama uses children (I assume he means Sasha and Malia but maybe Obama is so evil and powerful that he uses all children everywhere) to shield himself from criticism? How exactly? I think he uses Bo the dog for that purpose too.

Beck is a total scumbag for involving that little girl in his ranting and raving

The president himself brought his daughter into this. I don't see the big deal that talk radio make a segment out of it. It was silly and Mr. Beck apologized.

Obama uses children (I assume he means Sasha and Malia but maybe Obama is so evil and powerful that he uses all children everywhere) to shield himself from criticism? How exactly?

I don't know. I just listen to Glenn babble and wind up doing this: :huh: :scratch: :crack:.

See, this is why I hate it when people pressure celebrities to apologize every time they say or do something stupid. The country really needs to quit doing that. It's always forced, you know they're not even remotely sincere, there's always a "statement"-it's like a freakin' "fill in the blanks" form. "I, (insert name here), apologize for (insert stupid action here). It was deeply regrettable, and I'd like to apologize to my (insert family/friends/fans' names here) for my indiscretions, blah, blah, blah...". If someone is genuinely sorry for something they said or did, they'll apologize on their own, free of any pressure.

Besides, if Glenn were to apologize for every stupid thing that came out of his mouth, we'd be here until the end of days.

Angela

The president himself brought his daughter into this. I don't see the big deal that talk radio make a segment out of it. It was silly and Mr. Beck apologized.

By making an innocent comment about her asking him if HE plugged the hole? That hardly justifies what followed by Beck-and hardly qualifies as Obama using his daughter to shield himself from criticism. Attacking their education/intelligence and pretending to be Malia asking her father why he hates black people=big deal to me, even from a raving fool like Glenn Beck.

By making an innocent comment about her asking him if HE plugged the hole? That hardly justifies what followed by Beck-and hardly qualifies as Obama using his daughter to shield himself from criticism. Attacking their education/intelligence and pretending to be Malia asking her father why he hates black people=big deal to me, even from a raving fool like Glenn Beck.

Like I said, it was a silly radio segment. They were laughing the whole time, not very malicious.

I listened to it online, since I work during the day and don't listen to Beck, or on cable for that matter.

I don't think it matters whether they were laughing or not :shrug: Laughing doesn't negate bringing a child into it in the way that he did. Letterman was laughing too, wasn't he? Then all heck broke loose w/ the governor.

Like I said, it was a silly radio segment. They were laughing the whole time, not very malicious.

I listened to it online, since I work during the day and don't listen to Beck, or on cable for that matter.

Your bias blinds you.

Not malicious? He attacked an 11 year old's intelligence.

I don't think it matters whether they were laughing or not :shrug: Laughing doesn't negate bringing a child into it in the way that he did. Letterman was laughing too, wasn't he? Then all heck broke loose w/ the governor.

Eh, Dave Letterman brought in sexual innuendos w/ minors.

You think the Beck radio thing is a bigger deal than I do, that's ok, I think we can just move on :grouphug:

Only if you're from the coast of Maine-if it's inland, no way

I love the coast of Maine. I wish I could spend every day just traveling up and down the coast of Maine.

Back
Top Bottom