Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #381
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 01:20 AM
I was going to respond to INDY, but I decided he really wasn't worth it. If a person like him showed up at my house and started talking his racist, homophobic bullshit, I'd throw him out and he'd never step foot in my house again, so that's what's going to happen here. He's done, he's over, he's gone as far as I'm concerned. I don't use the ignore list, but I can still ignore. It's a waste of my time to deal with him on any level, so I'm not.
__________________

martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #382
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 04:20 AM
I honestly think Indy is mixing up the Japanese army with Japanese-Americans, so I'm willing to wait for a clarification before I say more than my original reply.
__________________

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:38 AM   #383
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Yes, it is correct. The US government did not round up German Americans and take them to camps "for their own safety" like they did with Japanese Americans.


white Americans are real Americans.

Sarah Palin has taught us this.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #384
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I honestly think Indy is mixing up the Japanese army with Japanese-Americans, so I'm willing to wait for a clarification before I say more than my original reply.


keep in mind, the conservative American tends to see all non-whites as indistinguishable from one another. and they are convinced that the election of a black man is somehow bad for white people, because that's what "they" do when "they" get into positions of power -- seek reparations. because the real racists are black people. this is what Andrew Breitbart is telling us.

but i hope you are right. we weren't arguing over the atomic bomb, we were talking about rounding up american citizens and forcibly removing them form their homes and putting them in camps.

and if anyone thinks it had anything to do with anything other than race, please, take a look at Hawaii. many more Japanese-Americans, yet none of them wound up in camps. why? they needed them to pick pineapples and sugarcane. so, yeah, big security threat there. big. huge.

Native Sons of the Golden West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #385
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You'll get no defending of Japanese-Americans getting their rights taken away. And I consider Japan today to be one of our best trading partners. But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You didn't even bother to read the whole post did you?

Just more hate from a conservative right?

I have to wonder about what type of garbage you've been taught about the United States and WWII. And if you're under a certain age I wouldn't actually blame you for some beliefs you may have.
FUCKING DISGUSTING!!!

True colors...
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #386
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Racism is a useful tool, apparently.

If only the Tea Party brought that same vigour to political rallies, oh wait.
A_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #387
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
white Americans are real Americans.

Sarah Palin has taught us this.
She's wrong.
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Fun stuff watching y'all play "I can be more outraged than that" while not bothering to read my post.

Quote:
FUCKING DISGUSTING!!!
Looks like BVS is the winner just edging out Martha.

In the "why bother" Dept but for the record. We were talking about America in the 40's. Or so I thought.

Glenn Beck:
Quote:
"I can't imagine that in 1948, they would have had 'Japanese Day' at the water park on December 8th."
Don't know why he choose Dec 8th but Maycocksean's response makes absolutely no sense in any case.

Quote:
what seems to be lost on Beck is that the anti-Japanese prejudice is one of the great shames of World War II.

I'm surprised he isn't advocating internment camps.
Notice "anti-Japanese prejudice." No mention of Japanese-Americans. In fact Japanese-American wouldn't be mentioned until Philly posted AFTER my posts.
Quote:
Your post only talked about Imperialist Japan. The injustice of the 40s was the treatment of Japanese-Americans and Japanese immigrants in America.
Yes, it was an injustice and more about that later, but it has NOTHING to do with what Glenn Beck said. But at least someone actually read my post. Thank you Philly.

SO what was I doing? What I've consistently done, defend conservatives and defend American history. Glenn Beck is right, America was not in any mood to celebrate anything Japanese in 1948. Just the opposite, with VJ Day still being a big celebration in the late 40's.

Now what is so controversial about me defending Beck and 'the Greatest generation" by saying:
Quote:
And you'll see that there is no shame for dropping atomic bombs on Japan or showing
anti-Imperialist-Japan (later edited by me to the less clunky) anti-Empire of Japan prejudice.
Are you people so stuck in the politically correct 2010 that you must look down your nose on Americans of the 40's who in one Dec morning became the pissed off sleeping giant?
Quote:
America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.
Is this Dieman's "bigotted statement"?

Not to a nation at war against a country with the human rights record of Imperial Japan. We were right to hate that Japan and wish to pound it into complete submission. Dieman might not like that there was once a time we were concerned only with winning once we went to war. That appeasing the enemy has not always been a priority. And I know Dieman doesn't like that even Hollywood supported the cause in WWII; hence the outpouring of pro-American war films along with "anti-Japanese" themes in radio programs, films and yes, the 1944 WB cartoon 'Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips.'

Now, have I in the past on this board or would I now use terms like "nips" or "Japs" in any dealing? No, they are offensive terms. One of the reasons the "Greatest Generation" is just that is after the war in Europe and after the war in the Pacific, they came home. And the process of rebuilding those countries, including Japan, began. By the time of the next generation, mine the Baby Boomers. We were watching Godzilla movies on TV and listening to Cheap Trick at Budokan. And today Toyota is in NASCAR.

So what about
Quote:
I consider Japan today to be one of our best trading partners
do you NOT understand? They are an ally and a friend.

Finally. As internment camps are mentioned I said this:
Quote:
You'll get no defending of Japanese-Americans getting their rights taken away
Did everyone completely fail to read this? Really, how do you miss that? IT's the FIRST LINE OF MY POST. Just as I said, there is NO defense of Americans having their constitution rights stripped for no reason than they are of Japanese heritage. Again NONE. And I offered none!! But it is more a stain on the legacy of FDR than a "shame" of WWII that must be borne by all Americans. And it has absolutely nothing to do with why Americans were not going to be having "Japanese Day" at water parks in 1948.

So, where is "the beating, bleeding racist heart of right wing America" in my post that Irvine sees? (Of course Irvine sees "the beating, bleeding racist heart of right wing America" in everything not liberal group-think.)

What exactly is the "racist, homophobic bullshit," as martha so elegantly puts it only she can?

"FUCKING DISGUSTING!!!" Really?

When actual debate and discussion broke out, I've enjoyed being a member here. But that's increasingly rare. And I don't enjoy racial and religious tensions being heaped upon the political polarization that already exists. I'm sorry, I've tried to keep this fun but it just ceased to be.

Sayonara,
Willie
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #389
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,892
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Fun stuff watching y'all play "I can be more outraged than that" while not bothering to read my post.

Looks like BVS is the winner just edging out Martha.

In the "why bother" Dept but for the record. We were talking about America in the 40's. Or so I thought.

Glenn Beck:

Don't know why he choose Dec 8th but Maycocksean's response makes absolutely no sense in any case.



Notice "anti-Japanese prejudice." No mention of Japanese-Americans. In fact Japanese-American wouldn't be mentioned until Philly posted AFTER my posts.


Yes, it was an injustice and more about that later, but it has NOTHING to do with what Glenn Beck said. But at least someone actually read my post. Thank you Philly.

SO what was I doing? What I've consistently done, defend conservatives and defend American history. Glenn Beck is right, America was not in any mood to celebrate anything Japanese in 1948. Just the opposite, with VJ Day still being a big celebration in the late 40's.

Now what is so controversial about me defending Beck and 'the Greatest generation" by saying:


Are you people so stuck in the politically correct 2010 that you must look down your nose on Americans of the 40's who in one Dec morning became the pissed off sleeping giant?

Is this Dieman's "bigotted statement"?

Not to a nation at war against a country with the human rights record of Imperial Japan. We were right to hate that Japan and wish to pound it into complete submission. Dieman might not like that there was once a time we were concerned only with winning once we went to war. That appeasing the enemy has not always been a priority. And I know Dieman doesn't like that even Hollywood supported the cause in WWII; hence the outpouring of pro-American war films along with "anti-Japanese" themes in radio programs, films and yes, the 1944 WB cartoon 'Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips.'

Now, have I in the past on this board or would I now use terms like "nips" or "Japs" in any dealing? No, they are offensive terms. One of the reasons the "Greatest Generation" is just that is after the war in Europe and after the war in the Pacific, they came home. And the process of rebuilding those countries, including Japan, began. By the time of the next generation, mine the Baby Boomers. We were watching Godzilla movies on TV and listening to Cheap Trick at Budokan. And today Toyota is in NASCAR.

So what about do you NOT understand? They are an ally and a friend.

Finally. As internment camps are mentioned I said this:


Did everyone completely fail to read this? Really, how do you miss that? IT's the FIRST LINE OF MY POST. Just as I said, there is NO defense of Americans having their constitution rights stripped for no reason than they are of Japanese heritage. Again NONE. And I offered none!! But it is more a stain on the legacy of FDR than a "shame" of WWII that must be borne by all Americans. And it has absolutely nothing to do with why Americans were not going to be having "Japanese Day" at water parks in 1948.

So, where is "the beating, bleeding racist heart of right wing America" in my post that Irvine sees? (Of course Irvine sees "the beating, bleeding racist heart of right wing America" in everything not liberal group-think.)

What exactly is the "racist, homophobic bullshit," as martha so elegantly puts it only she can?

"FUCKING DISGUSTING!!!" Really?

When actual debate and discussion broke out, I've enjoyed being a member here. But that's increasingly rare. And I don't enjoy racial and religious tensions being heaped upon the political polarization that already exists. I'm sorry, I've tried to keep this fun but it just ceased to be.

Sayonara,
Willie
Willie,

Perhaps you deserved some more thoughtful replies than some of what you received. I know it's not fun to get piled on, even more so when you are in the minority. But I do stand by my reply both to Glenn Beck's ideas and your post. I feel it was reasonable and not attacking.

I don't know if you're still around to read this--but at any rate, let me clarify. Glenn Beck's argument about Japanese Day in 1948 IS flawed. The Muslim Day at Six Flags is for Muslims it's not celebrate the achievements or ideology of Al-Queda. The assumption that all Muslims in general should be lumped in with the Muslim extremists is unjust, in the same way that saying that Japanese people couldn't gather at a water park on December 8, 1948 by virtue of their race. It's like telling Japanese-AMERICANS that they need to go hide in a closet for x number of years after WW II. It's a lumping in of people in America with other people in another country who happen to share the same ethncity (or religion). That is racism. And Glenn Beck seemed to feel that was okay, given the times.

As for your post, you are correct that I missed your first sentence that you were not about to defend the constitutional rights of Japanese Americans being stripped. Nonetheless, the rest of your post, perhaps inadvertantly, basically contradicted your initial statement. As I understand your post in the context of the discussion we were having,you were arguing that prejudice against Japanese during and immediately after World War II was justified--"warranted and vital" I believe was the wording--because the nation of Japan was our enemy. Despite your disclaimer in the beginnning it seemed clear that you were referring to Japanese people IN THE UNITED STATES. After all, Becks complaint was about Muslims IN THE UNITED STATES, not about Muslims in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Saudia Arabia. Or maybe you were trying to paint me in to a corner and suggest that I was saying that determination to defeat Japan in wartime is tantamount to racism. Of course it is not.

I had no quarrel with anything you had to say about opposing Imperialist Japan. I did have a problem with what appeared to be an argument that prejudice against Japanese people is okay because we are at war.

Having reread both of your recent posts a few times, I think I understand what you were trying to say. . .and it's just flat out wrong, not to mention unfair. Just because I think that being against a Japanese Day in 1948 is racist does NOT mean that I feel the U.S. needed to apologize for defending itself against Japan's aggression and taking measures to soundly defeat Japan. You got jumped on for once more creating a straw man and beating the crap out of it. In fact you continued to beat up in this straw man in your most recent post as you insisted that Diemen had a problem with American fighting Japan to win.

As for trying to keep this fun--you have had some funny moments, but I'll be frank with you. From you, as well as from people like Beck, Limbaugh, and Coulter, I've gotten a rather cynical vibe, that I find sad. You enjoy yanking the chains of liberals--yeah, I get that--but it comes at the cost of people in the conservative camp who actually take this stuff deadly serious. You say America is being destroyed by Obamacare etc etc, but you say it with a sneer. You don't engage in the serious kind of discussion that is merited if the nation is truly being taken apart as you suggest. Instead you crack one-liners and take potshots, and thus contribute to the polarization you claim to bemoan.

I hope I haven't just wasted my time in writing all this, but if I have. . .well, it wouldn't have been the first time.
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.



Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
But America's anti-Japanese prejudice in the 40's was no shame, in fact, it was not only warranted but vital.






Buh-bye.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #391
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
You don't engage in the serious kind of discussion that is merited if the nation is truly being taken apart as you suggest.


And when the heat does get poured on, like your thread asking him about the actual difference between Socialists and Fascists, or real questions challenging the assertions he makes, he ducks out of the discussion till the heat dies down.

And it took several days to respond to all this, and I could see him looking at this thread, so he was around, just waiting for it all to die down.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #392
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Fun stuff watching y'all play "I can be more outraged than that" while not bothering to read my post.

Looks like BVS is the winner just edging out Martha.

In the "why bother" Dept but for the record. We were talking about America in the 40's. Or so I thought.
Please...

Your backtracking is useless.

Everyone knew the context of what you were talking about and I read your whole post, don't pretend otherwise.

There is absolutely NO reason, and honestly I have a hard time believing that even the most thoughtless of the ilk i.e. Coulter would have stated things this way. There is just no excuse for saying there is no shame and that actually it was vital. Absolutely none. You can find fault in those that you love, even your country. This just sounds like propaganda exceptionalism.

Honestly in all my years in FYM this post is the most Kool Aid ridden post I've ever read.

We tried for real engagement with you, but in the last few years we got homophopic jokes, dodging of questions, and a shit load of strawmen arguments.

I was hoping you would actually return and engage one day, but no luck...
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 AM   #393
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,620
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I don't know if you're still around to read this--but at any rate, let me clarify. Glenn Beck's argument about Japanese Day in 1948 IS flawed. The Muslim Day at Six Flags is for Muslims it's not celebrate the achievements or ideology of Al-Queda. The assumption that all Muslims in general should be lumped in with the Muslim extremists is unjust, in the same way that saying that Japanese people couldn't gather at a water park on December 8, 1948 by virtue of their race. It's like telling Japanese-AMERICANS that they need to go hide in a closet for x number of years after WW II. It's a lumping in of people in America with other people in another country who happen to share the same ethncity (or religion). That is racism. And Glenn Beck seemed to feel that was okay, given the times.

As for your post, you are correct that I missed your first sentence that you were not about to defend the constitutional rights of Japanese Americans being stripped. Nonetheless, the rest of your post, perhaps inadvertantly, basically contradicted your initial statement. As I understand your post in the context of the discussion we were having, you were arguing that prejudice against Japanese during and immediately after World War II was justified--"warranted and vital" I believe was the wording--because the nation of Japan was our enemy. Despite your disclaimer in the beginnning it seemed clear that you were referring to Japanese people IN THE UNITED STATES. After all, Becks complaint was about Muslims IN THE UNITED STATES, not about Muslims in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Saudia Arabia. Or maybe you were trying to paint me in to a corner and suggest that I was saying that determination to defeat Japan in wartime is tantamount to racism. Of course it is not.

I had no quarrel with anything you had to say about opposing Imperialist Japan. I did have a problem with what appeared to be an argument that prejudice against Japanese people is okay because we are at war.

Having reread both of your recent posts a few times, I think I understand what you were trying to say. . .and it's just flat out wrong, not to mention unfair. Just because I think that being against a Japanese Day in 1948 is racist does NOT mean that I feel the U.S. needed to apologize for defending itself against Japan's aggression and taking measures to soundly defeat Japan. You got jumped on for once more creating a straw man and beating the crap out of it. In fact you continued to beat up in this straw man in your most recent post as you insisted that Diemen had a problem with American fighting Japan to win.

As for trying to keep this fun--you have had some funny moments, but I'll be frank with you. From you, as well as from people like Beck, Limbaugh, and Coulter, I've gotten a rather cynical vibe, that I find sad. You enjoy yanking the chains of liberals--yeah, I get that--but it comes at the cost of people in the conservative camp who actually take this stuff deadly serious. You say America is being destroyed by Obamacare etc etc, but you say it with a sneer. You don't engage in the serious kind of discussion that is merited if the nation is truly being taken apart as you suggest. Instead you crack one-liners and take potshots, and thus contribute to the polarization you claim to bemoan.

I hope I haven't just wasted my time in writing all this, but if I have. . .well, it wouldn't have been the first time.
Could not have said it any better, Sean.

Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 27,410
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Huffington Post

Although Glenn Beck has told attendees that his "Restoring Honor" rally will be a "nonpolitical rally," it will feature speeches by Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent and is partially sponsored by the National Rifle Association.

The latest edition of the NRA's magazine First Freedom features a full-page front cover ad for the rally. The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence has responded, blasting the conservative commentator for his claims the rally would be apolitical:

This is the same Sarah Palin, who has purposely stoked fears and resentment among gun-owners by wrongly accusing President Obama of wanting to ban guns; who disregards the 70 percent of Americans who want restrictions on semi-automatic assault weapons; and rejects the medical community's assertion that gun violence in America is a national health problem.


This is the same Wayne LaPierre, who insists that "...it's the guys with the guns make the rules." Not Jefferson's 'We, the people,' the American voters, or their representatives. No, "the guys with the guns" -- a statement that bears eerie similarity to the one John Wilkes Booth authored in a letter on April 14, 1865, the morning before he assassinated Lincoln, that "Might makes right."

...Most jarring is the sad irony of all of these people at the podium, with their supporters spread across our National Mall, celebrating, in part, their worship of guns, while invoking, quite blatantly, the legacies of two great Americans whose magnificent lives were cruelly cut short by bullets.

August 28 marks the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King's famous "I Have a Dream Speech," which was delivered at the foot of the Lincoln Memorial. Initially, Beck said that the rally would be an effort to "pick up Martin Luther King's dream that has been distorted." However, he later backtracked on the air, saying "It was not my intention to select 8-28 because of the Martin Luther King tie. It is the day he made that speech. I had no idea until I announced it and I walked off stage." (Glenn Beck has compared himself to King in the past.) He plans to award "badges of merit" to people who have lived their lives "in accordance with just universal principles."

The rally will also feature Gary Sinise, Marcus Luttrell, and David Barton.

Here is the ad for Glenn Beck's 8/28 "Restoring Honor" rally:

MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #395
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:20 AM
Where is our local Glenn worshiper to tell us Glenn is not a liar?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 04:20 AM
One of my co-workers is a member of the NRA and subscribes to that magazine. It's always in the break room. It's got some pretty high comedic value. I particularly enjoy the ads. Example: a picture of some guy wearing a ski mask, with the caption "WILL YOU BE PREPARED WHEN HE IS AT YOUR DOOR?"
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #397
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 08:20 AM
I think my family would cause some extreme right wingers to have a panic attack.

My husband and I are Catholic. My son who just got married is Muslim and so is his beautiful bride. We lovingly coexist in my home. They are paying off bills and saving for a home of their own.

My precious grand daughter is multi ethnic. European and Asian ancestry. Are we the new face of America?
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #398
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,892
Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
I think my family would cause some extreme right wingers to have a panic attack.

My husband and I are Catholic. My son who just got married is Muslim and so is his beautiful bride. We lovingly coexist in my home. They are paying off bills and saving for a home of their own.

My precious grand daughter is multi ethnic. European and Asian ancestry. Are we the new face of America?
maycocksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 27,410
Local Time: 03:20 AM
I can't access the site



Glenn Beck is adding budding web mogul to his list of media titles.

The radio and TV show host launched Monday a news and opinion website called The Blaze that he says will be "a place where you can find breaking news, original reporting, insightful opinions and engaging videos about the stories that matter most."

In 2009, Beck is reported to have earned $32 million through a mix of books, radio, TV, digital media, and speaking fees.

The Blaze will be edited by Scott Baker, formerly of Breitbart TV, who told Mediaite that the site plans "news and information... commentary and opinion stories we're interested in that are being under-covered or not covered."

Beck said he was frustrated with the way the media covered his "Restoring Honor" rally this weekend.

"Too many times we see mainstream media outlets distorting facts to fit rigid agendas," he wrote on The Blaze. "Not that you've ever heard me complain about the media before. Okay, maybe once or twice. But there comes a time when you have to stop complaining and do something. And so we decided to hire some actual journalists to launch a new website."

Beck added that the website "will be about current news -- and more. It's not just politics and policy. It's looking for insight wherever we find it. We'll examine our culture, deal with matters of faith and family, and we won't be afraid of a history lesson."

How'd they come up with the name The Blaze?

"The image of flame is a powerful," he said. "It has long stood for a burning truth. A truth that is not consumed. The Blaze will pursue truth. Of course we will make mistakes. Honest mistakes. And we'll be quick with corrections. We intend to earn your trust and keep it day in and day out with hard work and a lot of transparency."
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:12 PM   #400
Refugee
 
The_Pac_Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,346
Local Time: 04:20 AM
I don't post as much as many of the other right wingers do here, because as I'm sure most of them will agree with me, it's not very fun to. I don't even particularly agree with Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and all of those fear-spreading type, (and a lot of conservative posters here) but I certainly don't hate them, and I usually feel like I'm lumped in with them, even just by reading some of the posts which constantly just shit on the right wing and conservatives in general.

I signed up for the Marines to defend americans rights to have views different from my own, be it political or religious. I support someones right to protest the government, war, or a large corrupt corporation, and I support a Muslims right to worship anywhere free from threats of violence. My oath of enlistment is to defend the constitution, so it would be pretty hypocritical of me if I didn't support it 100% in the first place.

Just my two cents. I had more thoughts to share but not enough time.
__________________

The_Pac_Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I had a Dream Justin24 Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 8 04-13-2006 06:44 PM
I had the strangest, most uncomforting dream Danospano Zoo Confessionals 12 03-01-2004 09:24 AM
What did you dream last night? Idaho Lemonade Stand Archive 46 09-22-2003 06:52 PM
Dream killer scatteroflight Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 7 08-14-2001 01:06 PM
When the Night Arrives (David Dream 1) UpwiththeSun Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 06-08-2001 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×