Glenn Beck Has A Dream - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #261
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Humanities
You really do use that Dr title loosley don't you?
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,600
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

“Through captivating lectures and interactive online discussions, these experts will explore the concepts of faith, hope and charity and show you how they influence America’s past, her present and most importantly her future,” the announcement promises.

The classes are available to anyone who signs up for Beck’s “Extreme Insider” website package, which costs $6.26 per month.

Beck is at risk for a class action lawsuit

these people will easily be able to prove they have been recieve anything close to $6.26 in value.
__________________

deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #263
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Ah yes, the honorary degree given to guest speakers.

Quite an accomplishment.
For him it is.

PS I was being sardonic about it. As he does. Just to be clear.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #264
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You really do use that Dr title loosley don't you?

In his case , yes, as he does. Other times, no, very seriously. It's kind of like Music. . Everyone is a Musician or a Producer . Some really are .
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 AM   #265
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Beck is at risk for a class action lawsuit

these people will easily be able to prove they have been recieve anything close to $6.26 in value.
His website is good, but the forums .... you think it's tough here j/k they have tech problems ofen. I think because it grew so fast.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #266
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
His website is good, but the forums .... you think it's tough here j/k they have tech problems ofen. I think because it grew so fast.
And they often censor, so removing all the facts takes time.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #267
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And they often censor, so removing all the facts takes time.
Chris censors? Really?

May I ask how you know he does?
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #268
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And they often censor, so removing all the facts takes time.


PS His show, especially radio, is shown from start to finish live. He has his on "Broadcast station " there is a little clock at the bottom or the High quality picture.

Everything is shown including the breaks for Goldline and Carbonite commercials.

Are you saying he censors that?
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #269
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Chris censors? Really?

May I ask how you know he does?
Of course he does. I know people who have had their content removed, not because of misconduct but because it completely contradicted Beck's revisionist history. He leaves those that respond completely emotionally without sources, etc. But he will often remove content that his audience isn't equipped to discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
PS His show, especially radio, is shown from start to finish live. He has his on "Broadcast station " there is a little clock at the bottom or the High quality picture.

Everything is shown including the breaks for Goldline and Carbonite commercials.

Are you saying he censors that?
He treats his radio show and tv show just like he does his forum. He will purposefully screen those that he would to truly engage in debate with and let those that either praise him or sound like quacks right through. They all do this; Hannity, Ingrahm, Rush. Why do you think they are so scared of the Fairness Doctrine?

An aquaintance of mine was a big fan of Beck, not worshiper like you but a big fan nonetheless. This person happens to also be a minister. He was livid when Beck made his "social justice" comment, and then proceeded to do a whole show dedicated to the topic. So this huge fan and person who studied theology most of his life tried calling his radio and TV show for days and was denied because Beck wouldn't have been able to debate the man. He no longer listens to Beck and says there were other ministers that tried to call in and were denied as well.

So yes he censors, it's the only way shows like this work.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #270
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Of course he does. I know people who have had their content removed, not because of misconduct but because it completely contradicted Beck's revisionist history. He leaves those that respond completely emotionally without sources, etc. But he will often remove content that his audience isn't equipped to discuss.



He treats his radio show and tv show just like he does his forum. He will purposefully screen those that he would to truly engage in debate with and let those that either praise him or sound like quacks right through. They all do this; Hannity, Ingrahm, Rush. Why do you think they are so scared of the Fairness Doctrine?

An aquaintance of mine was a big fan of Beck, not worshiper like you but a big fan nonetheless. This person happens to also be a minister. He was livid when Beck made his "social justice" comment, and then proceeded to do a whole show dedicated to the topic. So this huge fan and person who studied theology most of his life tried calling his radio and TV show for days and was denied because Beck wouldn't have been able to debate the man. He no longer listens to Beck and says there were other ministers that tried to call in and were denied as well.

So yes he censors, it's the only way shows like this work.
He doesn't run the forums. Doesn't even read them. They are no different than here, except for a couple of things .

He doesn't debate people? Before i go any further, you essentially are saying you watch, listen, or are a member of his forum.

How often do you watch the show , listen to the show, or post on his websites forums?

Why would HE be afraid of the Fairness Docterine.? He can broadcast from anywhere, at any time . It would take a Global effort to keep him from broadcasting . He doesn't need the studio. He doesn't like the idea of the fairness Docterine. If people wanted to watch Rosie, and they did in great numbers, would any one complain? No

Why does the far left need it? Put something on that peple want to watch , and if they like it, they will. Wanda what's her name is just not funny, nor entertaining to many people. If she was they would watch her.

How often do you watch the show , listen to the show, or post on his websites forums?

Then I will anwser the rest, but one thing on EVERY radio, or tv show. If the host is talking about subject A , and someone wants to talk about subject Z generally, they will not take the call at that time. 2 different subjects. Larry King does it. Or did it. Al Franken did it.


PS I don't worship ANY Person
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #271
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
He doesn't run the forums. Doesn't even read them. They are no different than here, except for a couple of things .

He doesn't debate people? Before i go any further, you essentially are saying you watch, listen, or are a member of his forum.

How often do you watch the show , listen to the show, or post on his websites forums?
I'm in my car a lot and listen to his show almost daily. Never really watch his TV show all that much. I've never posted on the forum, but the person that I mentioned actually created a website at one time after it had happened a couple of times and posted screen shots. I'll see if I can find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Why would HE be afraid of the Fairness Docterine.? He can broadcast from anywhere, at any time . It would take a Global effort to keep him from broadcasting . He doesn't need the studio. He doesn't like the idea of the fairness Docterine. If people wanted to watch Rosie, and they did in great numbers, would any one complain? No
A global effort eh? No, no worship at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Why does the far left need it? Put something on that peple want to watch , and if they like it, they will. Wanda what's her name is just not funny, nor entertaining to many people. If she was they would watch her.
Actually not many want it. Only one politician has mentioned it since 2006, yet the AM talk guys brought it up almost once a day leading up to the election. It's called a scarecrow argument.

It's quite hilarious that you compare Wanda and Rosie to Glenn Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

Then I will anwser the rest, but one thing on EVERY radio, or tv show. If the host is talking about subject A , and someone wants to talk about subject Z generally, they will not take the call at that time. 2 different subjects. Larry King does it. Or did it. Al Franken did it.
But this wasn't the case, nice try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
PS I don't worship ANY Person
When you say things like he always admits when he's wrong, it would take a global effort, and make it sound like all his intentions are 100% pure then it's worship.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #272
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I'm in my car a lot and listen to his show almost daily. Never really watch his TV show all that much. I've never posted on the forum, but the person that I mentioned actually created a website at one time after it had happened a couple of times and posted screen shots. I'll see if I can find it.

A global effort eh? No, no worship at all...


Actually not many want it. Only one politician has mentioned it since 2006, yet the AM talk guys brought it up almost once a day leading up to the election. It's called a scarecrow argument.

It's quite hilarious that you compare Wanda and Rosie to Glenn Beck


But this wasn't the case, nice try though.



When you say things like he always admits when he's wrong, it would take a global effort, and make it sound like all his intentions are 100% pure then it's worship.
"When you say things like he always admits when he's wrong, it would take a global effort, and make it sound like all his intentions are 100% pure then it's worship."


That is an insightful statement . " Makes it sound like " is an assumption on your part. It's like when someone says " seems like " They are assumptions based on an individuals way of thinking. Seems like doesnt make it fact , or " sounds like "doesn't make it an absolute either.

Rosie and Wanda, in my opinion, are not even remotely funny. Their ratings indicate many others don't either. Rosie lives in my hood. I used to like her, but I think she is off her meds now . They see her coming to a shop, they lock the doors. Not sure what her problem is, but she is pretty angry all the time now.

Global effort would mean that they could never shut him down, without turning off a whole bunch of "things in he sky". He could broadcast it from anywhere .

Nobody mentions Fairness Docterine in this administration, or Party? Really?

last thing. you know how many ppeople call his show ? Keith picks the people to go with the flow of the show. Beyond, "what is your subject", he really doesn't make the call. He doesn't care about the politics. He is a Democrat . Some of Glenn Becks best friends are Fat Cat Far left liberals.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #273
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
That is an insightful statement . " Makes it sound like " is an assumption on your part. It's like when someone says " seems like " They are assumptions based on an individuals way of thinking. Seems like doesnt make it fact , or " sounds like "doesn't make it an absolute either.
Um, no assumption...

The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Nobody mentions Fairness Docterine in this administration, or Party? Really?
If I'm mistaken can you let me know anyone who is in a seat right now that has talked about re-intruducing it?

If you'd like you can try and get Oscar to help you, he's had a hard time gathering this information as well. I think he found ONE person who doesn't even have a seat anymore and that was from a couple of years ago.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #274
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
No, nobody is talking about it . Not even in his book .

American Thinker Blog: Cass Sunstein's despicable ideas on regulating the internet

Cass Sunstein drafted 'New Deal Fairness Doctrine'


There are 1,000's more. Even the Huffington post went at him. look them up, but essentially saying the same thing
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #275
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Um, no assumption...

The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case.


If I'm mistaken can you let me know anyone who is in a seat right now that has talked about re-intruducing it?

If you'd like you can try and get Oscar to help you, he's had a hard time gathering this information as well. I think he found ONE person who doesn't even have a seat anymore and that was from a couple of years ago.

"The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case."

No, it means one attempts to take words of others and fit them to their thoughts. It is talked about in P101

'Sounds like" someone said, doesnt mean it is what they are saying and meaning .


Remember, someone posted about passing along something in a circle. ? By the end, the story will be different. it is the same concept.

Another example " He sounds angry to me". Because he/she SOUNDS angry to a persoon , is it a fact that they are ? No. Thats an individual perception , not a fact.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #276
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Wasn't I talking about a Fairness Doctrine on the Radio?

Isn't that what we're talking about?

This idea of net neutrality will never work.

And as far as the New Deal Fairness Doctrine, where is it?

Why isn't there anything beyond Sept of 2009 about this "New Deal Fairness Doctrine"?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #277
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 03:47 AM
"The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light"

Ahh another good example . a Painting. A group of people look at the same painting. Do they all see the same thing?

Ink blot tests. same concept.
Benji2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #278
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
"The phrase means you have tried to paint him in that light. Just ask anyone in here if that's the case."

No, it means one attempts to take words of others and fit them to their thoughts. It is talked about in P101

'Sounds like" someone said, doesnt mean it is what they are saying and meaning .


Remember, someone posted about passing along something in a circle. ? By the end, the story will be different. it is the same concept.

Another example " He sounds angry to me". Because he/she SOUNDS angry to a persoon , is it a fact that they are ? No. Thats an individual perception , not a fact.
Well, we'll just leave it up to those reading these boards as to how you try and make Glenn sound.

From everything I've read, you make it sound like he's just short of a god.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 12:47 AM
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #280
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 01:47 AM
Look as far as net neutrality or the fairness doctrine, they are ideas that are great in concept but could never be implemented.

Having ultra right or ultra left media outlets or talking heads is dangerous. Period, end of story. It's why I listen to all.

But you cannot implement balance on the net or airwaves, because it will always come down to one governing group as to what that counter argument is, and it will be abused to help whoever is in power.

So if anything like this ever get implemented I'll be the first to support those against it. I just don't understand the point of chasing ghost and strawmen arguments.
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I had a Dream Justin24 Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 8 04-13-2006 06:44 PM
I had the strangest, most uncomforting dream Danospano Zoo Confessionals 12 03-01-2004 09:24 AM
What did you dream last night? Idaho Lemonade Stand Archive 46 09-22-2003 06:52 PM
Dream killer scatteroflight Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 7 08-14-2001 01:06 PM
When the Night Arrives (David Dream 1) UpwiththeSun Dream Out Loud (and in Colour!) 0 06-08-2001 02:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×