George Zimmerman, the killer of young Trayvon Martin, was found 'not guilty'. - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #161
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,068
Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Three black teens attack 13 year old white kid.

When I saw this on CNN a few days back, it made me think of the media circus around the Zimmerman case. It makes me wonder - if the races of the attackers and victim had been reversed - do you think there would have been a national outcry from the Left?

Are the black teens going to be acquitted?

I think this is really cheap and shows that you don't understand what the issue really was in the TM case. It's not interracial violence, but the unequal application of justice and how racial profiling can kill, as well as the insanity of our gun laws as well as SYG.

This has nothing in common other than the fact that you have victims and perps of different races.

That video made me want to vomit, fwiw.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #162
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 05:56 AM
What the fuck is up with blaming the 64 year old bus driver?
__________________

Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's not interracial violence, but the unequal application of justice
I disagree - the media circus began before Zimmerman was acquitted.
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,815
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I disagree - the media circus began before Zimmerman was acquitted.
The media circus began when the police determined it not necessary to arrest Zimmerman after having shot the black kid. That does suggest there was inequal application of justice being applied.
Popmartijn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,068
Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I disagree - the media circus began before Zimmerman was acquitted.

Because he was let go after shooting an unarmed teenager.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Because he was let go after shooting an unarmed teenager.

Did it not seem the media convicted Zimmerman before all the facts were in? And when all the facts came to light - at the trial - it turns out there wasn't enough evidence to convict Zimmerman.

I wish I had the money to start a boring, dry news channel that just reported facts. I don't care if it operated at a loss - at least people would be able to sort through facts without being bothered by rhetoric.
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,068
Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post

Did it not seem the media convicted Zimmerman before all the facts were in?

Fox race-baited the entire time.

Quote:
I wish I had the money to start a boring, dry news channel that just reported facts. I don't care if it operated at a loss - at least people would be able to sort through facts without being bothered by rhetoric.


PBS and NPR.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,117
Local Time: 01:56 AM
I'd like to start a website that just reports every single murder, and it's victims, despite race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
__________________
bono_212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #169
ONE
love, blood, life
 
digitize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York / Dallas / Austin
Posts: 14,074
Local Time: 03:56 AM
NPR is pretty great.
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
NPR is pretty great.
Yeah - that's about as close as you get I suppose.
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #171
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post

The media circus began when the police determined it not necessary to arrest Zimmerman after having shot the black kid. That does suggest there was inequal application of justice being applied.
The police were absolutely right not to charge Zimmerman. You are 100% wrong. The police were right. He never should have been charged as the jury aquitted him. In fact he was overcharged in order to appease to the race baiting left. If anything Zimmerman is a victim of politics.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #172
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Because he was let go after shooting an unarmed teenager.
He was the victim of a crime and defended himself as his head was being bashed against concrete.
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #173
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Fox race-baited the entire time.

PBS and NPR.
MSNBC is the more a race baiting channel then Fox
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #174
The Fly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 160
Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I'd like to start a website that just reports every single murder, and it's victims, despite race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
Redeye does it in Chicago. Maybe this will help you.

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/
tim722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #175
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,815
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
The police were absolutely right not to charge Zimmerman. You are 100% wrong. The police were right.
Why were the police right not to arrest him when they arrived at the scene? You have a guy who has just shot and killed a teenager. That guy says "Stand my ground! Yadda, yadda, yadda." So are you then just going to say, "OK. Let's forget about it. You can go now."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post
He was the victim of a crime and defended himself as his head was being bashed against concrete.
How would you know this was the situation the moment the police arrived at the scene?
I mean, this was before Zimmerman was able to hire a top lawyer team from donations he solicited (and received) after it became an international news item. And before all the testimonials, etc.
What you're saying in your quote is the outcome of his trial, he was acquitted. But at the moment it happened the situation was a lot murkier. So I would expect the person who shot and killed someone else to be taken into custody. After some more research it might be that there is no case, but that's most likely not something you know in the first moments after arriving on the crime scene.
Popmartijn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #176
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,117
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

Redeye does it in Chicago. Maybe this will help you.

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/
That's far more cold and clinical than what I was thinking.
__________________
bono_212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 02:56 AM
He was handcuffed and taken in for questioning.
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #178
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

MSNBC is the more a race baiting channel then Fox
You're an idiot.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #179
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,622
Local Time: 03:56 AM
You're out of line.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #180
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,888
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim722 View Post

MSNBC is the more a race baiting channel then Fox
Do you even English?
__________________

LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×