George Zimmerman, the killer of young Trayvon Martin, was found 'not guilty'. - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,600
Local Time: 12:35 AM
Kanye should buy it through a 3rd party
set up an American Patriots Front, or something
__________________

deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:16 PM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Zim Dog is going to end up as Gator dinner if he keeps this up


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #263
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,115
Local Time: 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Seriously?

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised, but...SERIOUSLY?

Ugh.
It's not Headache's fault that someone photoshopped his poor child's book.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 07:05 PM
Execution would be too kind for this trash.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:25 PM   #265
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: mar-a-lago delenda est
Posts: 21,329
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Kanye should buy it through a 3rd party
set up an American Patriots Front, or something
kendrick lamar should buy it and shoot it into the fucking sun
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:16 AM   #266
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
It's not Headache's fault that someone photoshopped his poor child's book.
Ha ha, pretty sure her reaction was to Zimmerman, not Headache.
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:35 AM   #267
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: mar-a-lago delenda est
Posts: 21,329
Local Time: 03:35 AM
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:25 AM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,288
Local Time: 03:35 AM
I disagree
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:16 PM   #269
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 10:35 AM
Sooo first he got away with his racist murder, and now he thought it would be a good idea to get back into the public eye by auctioning the murder weapon????

What is this I don't even.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 04:57 AM   #270
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,317
Local Time: 04:35 AM
I haven't actually kept up with the story (on purpose).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone should waste their breath giving him shit for auctioning the murder weapon. Mostly because this smells of media over-coverage. Why is this news? It's not. It's not outrageous what he's doing. He's auctioning a personal possession.

I'm not defending him. He's a lowlife scumbag piece of trash. But who fucking cares what he's doing? Nobody should be keeping up with his every move. Let it go. He should be irrelevant. Don't make a celebrity out of him.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: mar-a-lago delenda est
Posts: 21,329
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
But who fucking cares what he's doing? Nobody should be keeping up with his every move. Let it go. He should be irrelevant. Don't make a celebrity out of him.
it's not at all that he is auctioning it off (i think, for me at least), it's the fact that he's doing shit like this while he's at it:

Quote:
In his auction description, Zimmerman calls the gun, which still has the case number written on it in silver ink, an "American Firearm Icon." Some of the money he makes off the auction will be used to "ensure the demise of Angela Correy's [sic] prosecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric," he writes. Corey was the special prosecutor who tried to put Zimmerman behind bars.
Quote:
United Gun Group initially declined to host the auction after another gun auction site, Gunbroker, said it wanted "no part in the listing on our website or in any of the publicity it is receiving."

At first, United Gun Group said, "Our mission is to esteem the 2nd Amendment and provide a safe and secure platform for firearms enthusiasts and law-abiding citizens; our association with Mr. Zimmerman does not help us achieve that objective."

Later, it recanted, and Zimmerman put what he called "a piece of American history" on the site with a starting bid of $100,000 and a "buy it now" price of $500,000.

"I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American firearm icon," the website said. "The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012."

Zimmerman took shots at GunBroker in his post-auction statement, calling the site GunJoker and "Nazi loving liberal liars."
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:52 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,317
Local Time: 04:35 AM
Right, but my point is that it's still not news. He's not a celebrity, and it's only being reported because it's outrageous to you.

I don't give a shit what he's doing. Just like how I don't give a shit about "potential" terrorism in the skies from third hand aviation "experts" who want you to be horrified. It's garbage. It's not news. Don't let it become news.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:58 AM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,313
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Right, but my point is that it's still not news. He's not a celebrity, and it's only being reported because it's outrageous to you.
Exactly. My advice to Dave C would be to, in his words, STOP WHINING!
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #274
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Right, but my point is that it's still not news. He's not a celebrity, and it's only being reported because it's outrageous to you.

I don't give a shit what he's doing. Just like how I don't give a shit about "potential" terrorism in the skies from third hand aviation "experts" who want you to be horrified. It's garbage. It's not news. Don't let it become news.

Why would his celebrity status make this different? He's a cult hero of the right.

What is "real" news?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #275
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: mar-a-lago delenda est
Posts: 21,329
Local Time: 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Exactly. My advice to Dave C would be to, in his words, STOP WHINING!
cute
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #276
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,317
Local Time: 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Why would his celebrity status make this different? He's a cult hero of the right.

What is "real" news?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If you think that's real news, enjoy it. Just like how Joran van der Sloot was news. And Scott Peterson was news.

These are legends of murder absolutely hyped up by the media. Zimmerman is just a lowly scumbag. The only reason he's a "cult hero" is because he's talked about so damn much. Someone decided to put a damn magnifying lens on him and follow his every move. George Zimmerman goes to KMart. Be outraged!!!!

I shouldn't have to defend what "real news" is. But, you know, it shouldn't be something where the importance is disproportionately stretched out for the intention of getting a ride out of you.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #277
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The only reason he's a "cult hero" is because he's talked about so damn much. Someone decided to put a damn magnifying lens on him and follow his every move. George Zimmerman goes to KMart. Be outraged!!!!
No, he's a cult hero because his story represents a NRA pushed law that gives gun owners less responsibility for their actions. His story highlights the dangers of such laws and ridiculousness of how much power a gun lobby has in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I shouldn't have to defend what "real news" is. But, you know, it shouldn't be something where the importance is disproportionately stretched out for the intention of getting a ride out of you.
How is an asshole personally benefiting from the death of another and making a mockery of said crime any less of a news story than 90% of what is on any new website right now?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #278
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,317
Local Time: 04:35 AM
Thanks for the facts of the case. Next, what, you'll tune your tone to suggest I support some of that because I try to marginalize Zimmerman?

You can call it whatever you want, man. George Zimmerman's speeding ticket is no more news than your coworker's speeding ticket. George Zimmerman's domestic violence police report is no more news than your neighbor's domestic violence police report. George Zimmerman selling a firearm isn't news, and shouldn't spark outrage. If your only argument is "well other news is similar," so? Okay, well I guess if other news is garbage, we should just accept it.

And end up with Donald Trump as president. Because outrage over marginal things creates great viewership.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #279
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Thanks for the facts of the case. Next, what, you'll tune your tone to suggest I support some of that because I try to marginalize Zimmerman?
um, that's an interesting leap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
You can call it whatever you want, man. George Zimmerman's speeding ticket is no more news than your coworker's speeding ticket. George Zimmerman's domestic violence police report is no more news than your neighbor's domestic violence police report. George Zimmerman selling a firearm isn't news, and shouldn't spark outrage.
You're correct a speeding ticket isn't news. A domestic violence report might be news if it raises questions of repeated issues with violence. And you're correct again, selling a firearm isn't news, but selling the firearm that killed a person as a "piece of history" you are no longer just selling a firearm.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,317
Local Time: 04:35 AM
A piece of history, give me a break. It's a freaking gun, man. You're doing exactly that. You're giving him celebrity status by saying that he and his gun are "a piece of history." No, his court case was one of many court cases that used a similar defense. His was high profile as a race relation issue, and got carried away. His gun is just a gun. It's not news that he's selling it.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×