Fucking Air Force One!!!???!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's kinda like literally letting an elephant into the ball room and not telling anyone, because they don't want other people to freak out. :|

(Did I use "literally" appropriately, and not as cliche? :wink: )

They couldn't get George Lucas or somebody to do a CGI job on NYC and AF1? So stupid. They could've at least been up front about it and TOLD everyone....have it on the news that a flyby would occur at a certain time. People would have gone outside to see it for fun.

do we fire the guy that wrote photo op memos
or hold the people accountable that allowed them to be implemented?

It is a good question and one that I think is best answered in something someone wrote today:

The guy who was responsible for setting this in motion is also responsible for evacuating and transporting the President during a national emergency.

If he had such bad judgement during this episode, what the hell will he do if something very serious were to happen?

I have to say - it is hard to tell from the videos because none of them were shot from downtown Manhattan, but the plane was going incredibly fast. Couple that with the very sharp banked turns it was making and it was easy to think someone inexperienced (ie terrorist) could have been flying it. Thank god it was a highly trained and specialized pilot making these maneuvers, but jeez it was freaky...

Saw the story in the newspaper...apparently they wanted to do another photo op in Washington (luckily that one got cancelled).

According to ABCNews.com, it cost taxpayers over $300,000. :tsk:

I swear, this is really an insult to those who died and survived 9/11.

Back
Top Bottom