First surgeon to separate conjoined twins says being gay is a choice because prison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First surgeon to separate conjoined twins says being gay is a choice because ...

I will say I appreciate your candor and your willingness to share a very real, very human perspective and experience. Coming out -- as gay, bi, whatever -- and in whatever form or forum -- takes real courage. Thank you.

The gay thread is not for gay people alone Dave, I'm bi just as you but it's still a good thread to be able to talk about your feelings and get examples from other people how their coming out was and how it affected their lives. And there's plenty of straight people posting there too. :) So you're welcome to come and say hi!

Holy cow. This guy's amazing. I hope the Republicans just keep coughing up guys like this.

Ben Carson trips over 'gay issues' | MSNBC

Wow, I followed some of the links to articles on some other comments he made, and it was quite the rabbit hole I must say. In the past year alone he's said Obamacare is literally the worst thing to happen in America since slavery, said Americans are living under literal Gestapo surveillance, and that war crimes should not only be legal for American soldiers to commit, but he also endorsed US soldiers actively and regularly committing atrocities if they want to defeat ISIS.

Holy shit. There's certainly one thing that should be "actively committed" here.

He is not in any way a serious contender. He's likely subsidized so the GOP can say "look, we have a black person" and so he can raise his profile in order to sell books and make his rounds on the right wing speaker/lecture circuit.

Aren't there a couple of other black GOP candidates though? Herman Cain?

I have to say I think some of your politicians are crazier than ours.

Aren't there a couple of other black GOP candidates though? Herman Cain?

I have to say I think some of your politicians are crazier than ours.

None that are viable, Herman Cain is not a serious contender this election and wasn't a serious contender in the last election.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

being a black republican is kind of like being a unicorn -- and a way to cash in with a base that likes to buy books and read articles and is desperate not only to prove they aren't racists but embrace someone who enforces their beliefs that 1) they aren't racists, 2) it isn't racist to hate Obama, 3) it isn't racist to hate Obamacare, 4) it isn't racist to think that most black people on welfare are gaming the system and living large on the government dime, 5) it isn't racist to think that the only reason minorities don't do as well as whites is because of their own personal shortcomings and not institutional racism. which has been over since the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

being a black republican is kind of like being a unicorn -- and a way to cash in with a base that likes to buy books and read articles and is desperate not only to prove they aren't racists but embrace someone who enforces their beliefs that 1) they aren't racists, 2) it isn't racist to hate Obama, 3) it isn't racist to hate Obamacare, 4) it isn't racist to think that most black people on welfare are gaming the system and living large on the government dime, 5) it isn't racist to think that the only reason minorities don't do as well as whites is because of their own personal shortcomings and not institutional racism. which has been over since the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Rich, black republicans are the ultimate capitalists and maybe the most cynical people in this country.

Herman Cain?

herman-cain-smile.gif

Wow, I followed some of the links to articles on some other comments he made, and it was quite the rabbit hole I must say. In the past year alone he's said Obamacare is literally the worst thing to happen in America since slavery, said Americans are living under literal Gestapo surveillance, and that war crimes should not only be legal for American soldiers to commit, but he also endorsed US soldiers actively and regularly committing atrocities if they want to defeat ISIS.

Holy shit. There's certainly one thing that should be "actively committed" here.

Wow, he's a special cookie isn't he?

Well ok, I've never told this to anybody before but I'm 80% drunk (and the people I know and actually care about here won't judge me) so why not.

I'm bisexual. I've never told a soul in the world because I've been married for the past 5 years. Even my ex wife doesn't know. She would laugh in my face and then probably call me nasty mean names and make fun of me so there's no point telling her, and there never was because I never had any desire to act on it while we were married (same with women). But now I'm divorced and have to be real, I have a huge crush on a dude. I want to be with another guy. I'm totally cool with it but so many people I know would not be, and it's not any of their business anyways so I feel no need to "come out" or tell anybody at all.

I have been with a guy once in my life. It was purely sexual and I told myself for years that it was just because I was super horny for about six months in college that I would have slept with anybody. But that's not true. I love cock. Straight up. I also love pussy. Hence the "bi" thing and not the "gay" thing.

I always pushed any feelings I had for any dudes aside or dismissed them as "not real". But I've got an enormous crush on a guy I work with. I can't deny it. He's gorgeous, we click like I did with my ex when I first met her. I have no idea if he's gay (although he's certainly eye fucking me every time I walk past his desk so who knows, I may need to fine tune my gaydar). In hind sight I've had a lot of feelings for other guys but always thought to myself "If I was gay I would totally do/date that guy - but I'm totally straight!" and shoved the feelings aside. I chalk it up to immaturity and an inability to accept myself for who I am.

I honestly don't give a fuck now. I'm happier since I at least admitted it to myself, and hey, the pool of people I'm actively looking to sleep with has instantly doubled in size so that's a bonus. But I feel like I really don't care too much. I am what I am and there isn't much point in being embarrassed or trying to suppress it if I have the hots for another dude (which actually happens a lot more than I used to think it did, now that I don't try to dismiss or actively rebel against the feeling).

At no point did I make any kind of choice to be gay, bi, or straight. It doesn't happen. People who say it's a choice are so full of shit it makes me want to slap them. It just is what it is.

You guys are literally the only people in the world who know this other than myself (and the dude I fooled around with in college). Please be gentle, unless we're in the bedroom, in which case (somewhat) rough is totally cool with me :wink:

Good on you for opening up. :up:

I just learned from reading your post that eye fucking and ifucking are two different things.

I probably should have known that but thanks for learning me!

And oh yeah, fuck Ben Carson and the rest of the homophobes in the GOP. They are their own worst enemy and they are too stupid to figure it out. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom