Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who were the dead and why were they killed? i find it interesting how we are outraged by urinating on dead bodies as opposed to the killings themselves. we do not seem to know who was killed and why, we just assume all military kills the right people.

who were the dead and why were they killed? i find it interesting how we are outraged by urinating on dead bodies as opposed to the killings themselves. we do not seem to know who was killed and why, we just assume all military kills the right people.

Indeed.

no, it's inhumane to urinate on dead people
this is just like abu ghraib

I agree. I know that war is hell and I know what it does to people even though I've never been to war. Believe me, I know. But even considering that I can't comprehend the desire to do such a thing, sorry. They're already dead, the deed is already done. Best to just leave it at that and hold onto some of yourself in the process. I notice plenty when they do good things.

Definitely worse than the random feet that keep washing ashore along the northern Pacific coast. *shudder*

This is pretty much the kind of response I expected. I'm sorry, but no matter how much you say you understand it, what they go through etc. because they've seen others go through it or whatever, no, You don't understand it, nor will you ever. Shit pisses me off a lot I'm sorry. Until you've been in a combat zone under fire, you won't be able to comprehend what it's like.

Do you actually hear yourself when you say this kind of thing? Or do they try to train the humanity right out of you as well?

Yes I heard myself and no they don't. I probably would say something, but there's not much I could have done to stop them.

They're already dead, the deed is already done. Best to just leave it at that and hold onto some of yourself in the process.

Do you think that's what was running through their head at the time? You and as of this moment I have the gift of being able to to think rationally and be able to come to that conclusion. Not so much after you kill the three bastards that have been trying to end your life for the past hour or so.

Are you serious? For one, they said they were Taliban fighters, if you wanna doubt them though go right ahead, but do you honestly think if those were civilians no one wouldv'e found out? The media would have been all over that. Believe me.

From what I understand they were in a firefight with them that that lasted at least a half hour. (which feels like 8 hours by the way)

no, it's inhumane to urinate on dead people
this is just like abu ghraib

It is unhumane. But this is NOTHING like abu gharib.

I really have no interest in arguing about it, for me there's no justification for it. I just can't comprehend urinating on a dead person, someone you've killed. That's not something that anyone can justify to me rationally no matter what their experiences are that I haven't directly had, sorry.

I really have no interest in arguing about it, for me there's no justification for it. I just can't comprehend urinating on a dead person, someone you've killed. That's not something that anyone can justify to me rationally no matter what their experiences are that I haven't directly had, sorry.

Don't be sorry, I don't expect you or anyone else to comprehend it, because you can't. Simple as that. Its totally fucked up but it is what it is unfortunately.

This is pretty much the kind of response I expected. I'm sorry, but no matter how much you say you understand it, what they go through etc. because they've seen others go through it or whatever, no, You don't understand it, nor will you ever. Shit pisses me off a lot I'm sorry. Until you've been in a combat zone under fire, you won't be able to comprehend what it's like.

I have been. I was a civilian. I was 12 years old and I remember it very well. I don't think about it every single day like I used to, but I still think about it an awful lot. I can very easily say to you that you have zero comprehension of what it is like to be the only true victim in a war zone - the civilian who had war thrust upon them. So please pass the lectures.

And I know good soldiers from bad. And there is a reason why most won't piss on corpses - because they know it is wrong. Much like during times of war there are good civilians (the ones who helped their neighbours, shared their food and shelter and comforted others) and bad civilians (those that raped their old neighbour's wife and stole all his possessions before burning down his house).

Some people are bad people and will do bad things during war. Plenty of others will not. Don't try to feed me the "you don't get how it is when you have that sort of stress". It shits all over the good acts of good people who don't use wartime as an excuse to commit wrongs against others.

Some people are bad people and will do bad things during war. Plenty of others will not. Don't try to feed me the "you don't get how it is when you have that sort of stress". It shits all over the good acts of good people who don't use wartime as an excuse to commit wrongs against others.

I agree with that. If women are raped, children are raped, female soldiers are raped is it also ok to say that no one gets it, no "outsider" gets it?

No matter what the stress level, and no one can deny that-keeping your humanity intact, no matter how impossible it can seem or become, should always be the ultimate goal. If you lose that then what are you truly fighting for any more?

I agree with that. If women are raped, children are raped, female soldiers are raped is it also ok to say that no one gets it, no "outsider" gets it?

No matter what the stress level, and no one can deny that-keeping your humanity intact, no matter how impossible it can seem or become, should always be the ultimate goal. If you lose that then what are you truly fighting for any more?

:up:

If it's "just what happens" and is "acceptable" for our soldiers to do this stuff, then I don't want to hear us complain anymore when another country does it to our people, or theirs, either.

Want to feel sick to your stomach? Just came across this:

Teacher Charged with Taking Bondage Pics of Students - Yahoo! News

Female students were depicted with a blue plastic spoon containing "an unknown clear/white liquid" in front of their mouths, while other students were pictured with live cockroaches on their faces.

Either he hid his creepiness really well, or somebody was horribly unobservant when hiring this psycho.

:|

So he was doing it in the classroom? And he actually took the photos somewhere to be developed? Was a teacher for 30 years too, who knows how much he did over 30 years. Sick bastard.

Want to feel sick to your stomach? Just came across this:

Teacher Charged with Taking Bondage Pics of Students - Yahoo! News

Either he hid his creepiness really well, or somebody was horribly unobservant when hiring this psycho.

I think there are a lot of factors contributing to why this was able to happen for so long. He taught at a school in a crime ridden, very low income neighborhood. A lot of parents speak limited or no English and based on what I've been reading, there isn't a whole lot of parental involvement. A few of the parents that were interviewed said they would "have to ask their kids" if they ever had this man as a teacher. :doh: One woman in the LA Times had 6 kids currently/formerly at the school and didn't know her 15 year old had him as a teacher until she (the daughter)mentioned it in front of the reporter. Her reaction was "What? Why didn't you tell me?"

I'm just at a loss as to how a parent doesn't know who has been teaching his/her child. No parent conferences? No letters or phone calls? Short attention spans? I honestly don't get it.

As for the school administration, I also have no idea how a teacher got away with locking his classroom door among other things or how they had no idea that anything like this was going on. Very shocking and very sad for all the kids involved.

Indeed. Where to begin with the problems with all of this.

It's truly scary to think people like this exist out there. I hear stories like this and can see why parents get so overprotective sometimes.

I just can't even begin to imagine the long-term effects this will have on these kids. God help them all.

Update on this, which seems to allude to some of the issues BAW talked about earlier.

LA school officials chided for molest case silence - Yahoo! News

Two former students of Berndt said school officials were informed about his odd behavior two decades ago.

Marlene Truhillo told the Los Angeles Times (Accused teacher's behavior was reported decades ago, students say - latimes.com) in a story posted online Wednesday that school officials had looked into a complaint made against Berndt in the 1990-91 school year.

Trujillo said she was a fourth-grader in his class at the time and met with a school counselor with two other girls after one of them complained about his behavior.

She said Berndt often moved his hands under his desk, near his lap, at the front of the classroom. She and other students had seen a jar of Vaseline in one of his desk compartments.

Trujillo said the counselor "just told us it's not very good to make stories up. She said it was our imagination. It was never talked about again."

I guess here's what I'm curious about:

So...we have it drilled into our heads when we're kids to report to adults if strangers, or people we know, do anything bad to us, right? We learn about "good touch" vs. "bad touch" and that sort of thing, correct?

But when kids do report this stuff, like in the case of the kids being abused by priests, or the Penn State thing, or this, they get brushed off and none of the reports go anywhere and the people doing the abusing still keep their jobs and still keep on going with their crimes.

So I just want to know what the fuck has to happen for this stuff to be taken more seriously?

I'm certainly not going to defend that counselor or that mother, but I'd also be reluctant to make a judgment on them based only on that article. The article is very, very vague about what exactly was told to those adults (as opposed to what was told to the reporter 21 years later). It does seem strange to me that the "bondage game" behavior could have gone on for 6 years (or however long they ultimately determine it to have gone on) without a single instance of a child reporting it to an adult who in turn reported it to authorities, even given that the children apparently had no idea what the "mystery food" they were being asked to taste was. If that was the worst thing he did (and it may well not be), then I guess right now is probably the most traumatic time for the children involved, because they're being bombarded all at once with the shock and disgust of their parents and the full awareness of what the "game" actually was. And as BAW indicated, obviously this school is in serious need of a review of some of its policies.

There are always going to be individuals who for whatever reason fail to respond properly to a child's report of an adult's sexually inappropriate or abusive behavior, unfortunately. But it's absolutely not as if things haven't changed massively for the better in recent decades. I'm 40, and I'm pretty sure most other adults my age and up would agree there's been a sea change in public awareness of and responsiveness to these issues over that time. It hasn't happened overnight and some age groups, some communities, some institutions are way ahead of others in recognizing this for the serious criminal behavior it is and responding accordingly, but absolutely there's been dramatic change for the better. Not that that's much comfort or should be when things like this happen.

Last edited:
Sure it has nothing to do with the lawsuit. Unbelievable.

By Jason Schultz

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Updated: 10:31 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2012

Posted: 4:39 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2012

Polo club founder John Goodman has adopted his longtime adult girlfriend as his legal daughter in what plaintiff's attorneys are calling an attempt to shield assets from a civil suit filed by the parents of a Wellington man killed in a car crash.

"The events which serve as the grounds for the relief sought by the Plaintiffs border on the surreal and take the Court into a legal twilight zone," wrote Circuit Judge Glenn Kelley in an order granting attorneys for Lili and William Wilson the right to information concerning Goodman's adoption.

Goodman, who founded the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington, legally adopted 42-year-old Heather Laruso Hutchins, as his daughter on Oct. 13 in Miami-Dade County, according to court documents.

The Wilsons are suing Goodman for wrongful death in connection with the Feb. 12, 2010 crash that killed 23-year-old Scott Patrick Wilson. According to Palm Beach County Sheriff's reports, Goodman ran a stop sign on 120th Avenue on Feb. 12, 2010 and hit Wilson, who was driving west on Lake Worth Road. The civil trial is set for March 27.

Kelley had previously ruled that the trust set up for Goodman's two minor children could not be considered as part of Goodman's financial worth if a jury awarded damages to the Wilsons. According to the adoption papers, Hutchins is immediately entitled to at least a third of the trust's assets as his legal daughter since she is over the age of 35.

In a deposition taken in the lawsuit last May, Hutchins told attorneys she started dating Goodman in 2009.

William Wilson's attorney, Scott Smith, said Goodman benefits from the trust and is using it to try to shield assets. The attorney for Lili Wilson, Chris Searcy, argued in a motion that by adopting Hutchins, Goodman can now direct her to remove up to a third of the trust.

"By way of this adoption, John Goodman now effectively owns one third of the trust assets," Smith said. "It cannot go unrecognized that he chose to adopt his 42-year-old adult girlfriend as opposed to a needy child."

Dan Bachi, Goodman's civil attorney, said Hutchins' adoption was done to ensure the future stability of his children and family investments.

"It has nothing to do with the lawsuit currently pending against him," Bachi said.

Kelley called Goodman's tactic of adopting his girlfriend "unprecedented."

"The Court cannot ignore reality or the practical impact of what Mr. Goodman has now done," Kelley wrote. "The Defendant has effectively diverted a significant portion of the assets of the children's trust to a person with whom he is intimately involved at a time when his personal assets are largely at risk in this case."

Tests taken several hours after the crash revealed Goodman had a blood alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit to drive in Florida. He faces a criminal trial on March 6 on charges of DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a crash and could face up to 30 years in prison.

So abuse that horrible doesn't constitute fraud, even though it makes you a complete fraud as a teacher in the position of trust with children and as a human being. And he gets lifetime health benefits too. Wow, it's a sweet world for some "people".

LA Times

L.A. teacher suspected of lewd conduct keeps benefits
February 1, 2012

Mark Berndt, a teacher charged with 23 counts of lewd conduct in his classroom, successfully thwarted attempts by the Los Angeles Unified School District to fire him. In the process, the teacher, who is accused of spoon-feeding his semen to blindfolded children, managed to retain lifetime health-benefits provided by the nation’s second-largest school system.

Former Miramonte Elementary School teacher Mark Berndt also automatically receives nearly $4,000 a month in pension from the California State Teachers' Retirement System.

Investigators were a year away from filing charges against Berndt, 61, when they brought copies of disturbing photos to the school principal on Jan. 3, 2011, according to investigators. Sheriff's investigators had pictures of boys and girls gagged with tape, blindfolded and some were being fed a milky substance from a spoon.

L.A. schools Supt. John Deasy — then the No. 2 in command — said he acted to remove Berndt from class the same day he saw the photos and felt there was justification for immediate dismissal. Records indicate that Berndt was pulled from the school on Jan. 6, 2011. And, then-L.A. schools Supt. Ramon C. Cortines, who has since retired, said he ordered Berndt to be fired when he heard about the photos.

The district’s legal staff warned Cortines that there might be complications for acting so quickly. Standard practice in L.A. Unified and elsewhere has been to “house” teachers in a district office, away from students, until a legal issue is resolved. But Cortines said he told senior staff that he didn’t want to wait, an account that was confirmed by a former Cortines aide.

By Feb. 15, the paperwork was ready for the elected Board of Education to dismiss Berndt formally and the school board ratified Cortines’ decision. As of Feb. 16, the district stopped paying Berndt, said Vivian Ekchian, chief human resources officer for L.A. Unified.

But the matter didn't end there. Berndt had 30 days to challenge his dismissal, which he did with the help of Trygstad, Schwab & Trygstad, a firm known for representing the teachers union, United Teachers Los Angeles. In this case, Berndt hired the firm privately; its specialties include defending teachers facing dismissal.

Berndt’s case was then set to go before an administrative hearing panel, a process that would take months. While awaiting a hearing, Berndt resigned from the school system in June 2011, six months after Deasy and Cortines determined to fire him.

Because Berndt never was officially fired, he retains lifetime health benefits that he earned through decades of service in L.A. Unified. Ekchian said the district is researching its options for trying to rescind those benefits should Berndt be convicted.

His retirement benefits were never at issue.

“A teacher will receive their pension regardless of the reason for their termination because it is a benefit the teacher earned through their contributions and length of service,” said Michelle Mussuto, a spokeswoman for CalSTRS. “Once earned, that benefit cannot be taken away unless it is determined the teacher obtained that benefit by fraudulent means.”

Berndt has been receiving $3,891.17 per month since last July.

Why should the social worker feel guilty? Not her fault, and she was just doing her job there.

The kids were starting to talk, I also read that they said she had been in the trunk. So maybe that's why he got rid of them too. Absolute tragedy, but guilty or innocent I sure wish he hadn't killed his kids too.

I was going to post that story here. Evil doesn't even begin to describe it. The local station even had a breaking news crawl on the screen during the Super Bowl about it. The people they interviewed on the news from the town were openly crying.

A story that was awful to begin with (did anyone believe the asshole DIDN'T kill his wife??) and just got bizarre and creepy (the gross stuff about his dad - what a fucking family), and now this.

Just awful, awful, awful, awful. Those poor kids.

Re the social worker, no of course it wasn't her fault, but can you imagine how she must feel? Wouldn't you be wondering if there was something you could have done? All the 'what ifs' that would be going through her mind?

I'm sure that's what the comment meant.

Now they're saying he used a hatchet on the kids, they had chop injuries and a hatchet was found near their bodies. In his sick twisted demented mind he was being "kind" I guess, so they could die before they burned alive.

There aren't even any words

In regards to the LA teacher who sexually abused his student, unfortunately he is not alone:

The FBI last night arrested PS 243 teacher's aide Taleek Brooks for the second time this month on child pornography charges. When Brooks was arrested the first time it was simply for having child pornography on his Brooklyn computer. The second arrest was because it appears that Brooks was producing child pornography, too. Did we mention he was making the videos in school?

Teacher's Aide Accused Of Making Kiddie Porn In School: Gothamist

I really believe schools should start screening teachers. Something needs to be done to stop this.

Yeah, they REALLY do. How the hell is this stuff going on inside the school without anyone knowing about it?

I'm certainly not going to defend that counselor or that mother, but I'd also be reluctant to make a judgment on them based only on that article. The article is very, very vague about what exactly was told to those adults (as opposed to what was told to the reporter 21 years later). It does seem strange to me that the "bondage game" behavior could have gone on for 6 years (or however long they ultimately determine it to have gone on) without a single instance of a child reporting it to an adult who in turn reported it to authorities, even given that the children apparently had no idea what the "mystery food" they were being asked to taste was. If that was the worst thing he did (and it may well not be), then I guess right now is probably the most traumatic time for the children involved, because they're being bombarded all at once with the shock and disgust of their parents and the full awareness of what the "game" actually was. And as BAW indicated, obviously this school is in serious need of a review of some of its policies.

Indeed, the articles don't share the full story, and more information will come, but still, even from that bit alone, it's just weird, especially in this day and age, where we can hear stories of a senior who goes streaking at the end of the school year leads to the school freaking out and practically labeling them all but some sort of sex offender, that people aren't jumping on this stuff more quickly. We have kids going to school dealing with literal hell day in and day out, be it horrible bullies or abusive teachers, and either the school can't do something or is completely oblivious or whatever. It's a common theme in so many of these stories and it's really disturbing.

I'm inclined to believe there either were no reports, which is awfully hard to believe, or there were, but for some reason or another, the reports didn't move through the proper channels right away and the necessary people weren't notified. The latter sounds more likely a scenario, because, hell, these kids' parents didn't even know who their kids' teacher was. It seems there were an awful lot of completely ignorant or genuinely unaware adults running around, and now these kids are paying the horrible price. The whole thing is just insane.

There are always going to be individuals who for whatever reason fail to respond properly to a child's report of an adult's sexually inappropriate or abusive behavior, unfortunately. But it's absolutely not as if things haven't changed massively for the better in recent decades. I'm 40, and I'm pretty sure most other adults my age and up would agree there's been a sea change in public awareness of and responsiveness to these issues over that time. It hasn't happened overnight and some age groups, some communities, some institutions are way ahead of others in recognizing this for the serious criminal behavior it is and responding accordingly, but absolutely there's been dramatic change for the better. Not that that's much comfort or should be when things like this happen.

I hope that is true. I really do. But I do remember reading a USA Today article a while back about the requirements each state has on who is required to report claims of abuse (this was in relation to the whole Penn State thing), and it kinda surprised me at the amount of people who didn't have to report their concerns. If you're involved with children day in and day out, I don't care in what context, you should be required to report problems right away and follow up on them (that can be verified, of course. I do also know how easy it is for people to falsify things, too, for vindictive purposes, and those people need to be dealt with, too, 'cause that's a serious charge, you don't level that sort of thing lightly).

As for the other stories-that one about that guy adopting his girlfriend, what a weird, incredibly dumb move to make. Sounds like a jackass.

And the story about the father and his sons... Oh. My. God. I think I remember hearing that story on a "Disappeared" episode or something like that a while back, about the mom going missing! And I think I read it in a magazine once, too.

Wow. Wow. What a tragic ending. Those poor children.

I was going to post that story here. Evil doesn't even begin to describe it. The local station even had a breaking news crawl on the screen during the Super Bowl about it. The people they interviewed on the news from the town were openly crying.

A story that was awful to begin with (did anyone believe the asshole DIDN'T kill his wife??) and just got bizarre and creepy (the gross stuff about his dad - what a fucking family), and now this.

Just awful, awful, awful, awful. Those poor kids.

Re the social worker, no of course it wasn't her fault, but can you imagine how she must feel? Wouldn't you be wondering if there was something you could have done? All the 'what ifs' that would be going through her mind?

I'm sure that's what the comment meant.

Yes - that is what I meant.

Of course it wasn't her fault the children died but, like you said, she will have to live with the "What if's" for the rest of her life.

I understand that, but unfortunately the guy was going to do that no matter what. No one was going to stop him. He was mentally ill, psychotic, whatever his diagnosis would have been. Hopefully she can come to some sort of peace about it some day. The 911 operator told her that they could only come out in the case of a life threatening emergency, and that's when she explained that it was.

Tragically, his custody became an issue only when his father was found to have pornographic images on his computer and the kids were living with the father. Not at all because the husband and/or his father most likely murdered their mother. The only way to save those kids would have been to completely isolate them from their father and grandfather, and the law would not have allowed that.

That family was a cesspool of sickness and tragically the kids were innocent victims of that.

Back
Top Bottom