Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ ^
Just last week Motley helped Gulnaz gain a pardon from Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

But the pardon came with a caveat. A press release from the presidential palace stated that the president had decreed her release “taking into consideration the consent of both sides for a conditional wedlock.”
Ms. Motley also told the press that the pardon wasn't conditional on Gulnaz going through with the marriage, so there's been some confusion in media accounts as to whether that will actually happen. But even if no authorities require her to do so, supporting herself and her child might be extremely difficult otherwise, unless a women's shelter can help. It's also unclear whether the man convicted of raping her might himself get out of jail early, since he apparently signed the same agreement ("adultery by force" is how the articles I've seen translated his crime; that's based on tribal law--not sharia, which prescribes execution for rapists, nor statutory law, which in Afghanistan is silent on rape). Reportedly, it was bribes from his family that led to the appeals court increasing Gulnaz's sentence in the first place, and his wife has threatened to kill her upon her release.

Last edited:
abcnews.com

By COLLEEN CURRY
Dec. 14, 2011

A fraternity at the University of Vermont has been suspended after circulating a quiz asking members who they would most like to rape.

The survey, which included other more mundane questions about age and grade level, ended with the question, "If I could rape someone, who would it be?"

The quiz, which was given to frat members, was passed from a student to administrators. The school suspended the fraternity Tuesday night and launched an immediate investigation into the quiz and the frat, according to ABC affiliate WVNY.

"This is very appalling to us, quite shocking and quite disconcerting," said Annie Stevens, the associate vice president for student and campus life at the University of Vermont, located in Burlington, Vt.

The national organization of Sigma Phi Epsilon, which oversees campus chapters, called on the University of Vermont chapter to cease operations.

"Sigma Phi Epsilon and its leadership programs are built on the concept of respect for both self and others. Any behavior that demeans women is not tolerated by the fraternity," the organization said in a statement.

The national fraternity said it, too, is investigating the Vermont chapter for policy violations.

While the university was not available for comment about whether the quiz identified any current students as possible targets, they did confirm to WVNY that police are now involved in the investigation into the fraternity.

"Police services are involved," Stevens said. "It has to with the safety of students, since it references rape."

The campus police were not able to comment on the investigation. Burlington police said they were not involved.

Burlington police said they were not involved.

They should be. This is something serious. Who knows if other fraternities in other colleges are doing the same thing?

Then again, its frat boys. Should we really be surprised?

Well there are some frats that have good guys who do good things. Unfortunately some of them are like those in that story. Hopefully at least some of them were disgusted and refused to answer rather than just go along and be silent.

Fox Sports

Updated Dec 14, 2011 3:28 PM ET

A diehard New York Jets fan was savagely beaten on his own turf by a drunken gang of Kansas City Chiefs fans after their team was trounced Sunday — with one of the assailants barking "F*** New York" and "You all deserved what happened on 9/11," the victim's distraught family told the New York Post.

James Mohr, 23, a physical-education teacher at the Bronx Guild vocational high school, was wearing his Jets gear after the team's 37-10 victory as he walked through Parking Lot J at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., when a woman standing with a pack of men allegedly screamed the vile taunts, the Post reported.

Mohr took offense and told the rowdies their 9/11 insult was "disrespectful," his sister, Anna Mohr, 28, told the Post.

"Our other brother is a fireman, and my father is retired FDNY, so you can understand why a 9/11 comment would especially irk him," Anna said. "He was shocked anyone would actually say something like that."

Mohr, who lives in Auburndale, Queens, was walking alone from where a group of neighborhood friends had gathered in another part of the lot when he was jumped by up to seven people. At least one was wearing a Chiefs football jersey, a police source confirmed to the Post.

The lifelong Jet fan suffered a fractured jaw, cheekbone and eye socket, and also has bleeding on the brain.

Mohr underwent hours of surgery to repair the injuries Tuesday at New Jersey's Hackensack University Medical Center, where his family was keeping vigil.

"He's hanging in there, and he's scheduled for surgery. We won't know too much until that's done," Anna Mohr said before surgery.

State troopers arrested one of the alleged attackers, a New Jersey man, on a simple assault charge, but state police upgraded the charges after Mohr's condition worsened.

Mohr was reportedly in fair condition Wednesday at Hackensack University Medical Center.

Thirty-five-year-old Merle Lee of Newton is free on bond, charged with aggravated assault.

A stadium representative said, "This is an unacceptable attack on one of our guests, and we have been working with the New Jersey State Police to make sure the man arrested is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

Fucking hell.

Florida Department of Corrections records show that Plumadore was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, firefighter or EMS worker in May 2000, and later that month he was sentenced to a year of community supervision.

But he failed to report to his probation officer or attend a court-ordered anger management class the following month, said department spokeswoman Ann Howard.

...and nobody thought that perhaps this was a sign he may have needed, I dunno, tougher punishment?

I hope they throw the book at him, and I hope he pays dearly for what he did. Psychopath.

I think he would have killed another little girl anyway, to be honest. Some people cannot be rehabilitated. Their wiring is fucked up.

I think he would have killed another little girl anyway, to be honest. Some people cannot be rehabilitated. Their wiring is fucked up.

I fully agree with this. If you abuse or kill children, or you're a rapist, or something of that sort, I have to think there's something deep within that's always been wrong with you, and you deserve to just stay locked up for the rest of your life.

Probably, either while skipping out on probation like he was, or later on after doing time for that. This is the problem with our justice system, it can be difficult to tell who is a psychopath and who is an idiot that will learn. We are supposed to be "rehabilitating" but what about people who can't be rehabilitated? Unfortunately they have the same rights as everyone else.

This is the story that is rocking where I live. 15 year old Amanda Cummings stepped in front of a moving bus and died six days later. She was tormented by bullies and dealing with a bad break-up.

But now, on the Internet, people are making fun of her suicide:

Even after her suicide, Amanda Diane Cummings is being tormented by bullies. Only these bullies can't be found in her high school's classrooms, or anywhere at all, and they don't care about the emotional damage they're doing to her family.
Last night and early yesterday morning, hundreds of profane comments and images flooded onto a Facebook tribute page to Miss Cummings, mocking her and her death, and enraging her friends and loved ones. There is no proof that any of the most recent cyberbullies are New Dorp students.

'Cyberbullying' continues to torment Amanda Cummings, Staten Island teen hit by bus | SILive.com

Has the Internet created a lack of empathy in people? In cases like this, I really think so. What kind of society makes fun of suicide?

Last night and early yesterday morning, hundreds of profane comments and images flooded onto a Facebook tribute page to Miss Cummings, mocking her and her death, and enraging her friends and loved ones.

Way to be assholes, people :up:. I hope the family can find some way to get rid of those insensitve morons' comments.

And yeah, I heard that story about that eighth-grader, too. There's so much wrong with that story that I don't even know where to begin. Seriously, what the hell?

By Olivia Katrandjian
Jan 7, 2012 6:07pm
‘If Fred Got Two Beatings Per Day…’ Homework Asks

Third graders in in Gwinnett County, Ga., were given math homework Wednesday that asked questions about slavery and beatings.

Christopher Braxton told ABC News affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta that he couldn’t believe the assignment his 8-year-old son brought home from of Beaver Ridge Elementary school in Norcross.

“It kind of blew me away,” Braxton said. “Do you see what I see? Do you really see what I see? He’s not answering this question.”

The question read, “Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?”

Another math problem read, “If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?”

Another question asked how many baskets of cotton Frederick filled.

“I was furious at that point,” Braxton said.

“This outrages me because it just lets me know that there’s still racists,” said Stephanie Jones, whose child is a student at the school.

“Something like that shouldn’t be imbedded into a kid of the third, fourth, fifth, any grade,” parent Terrance Barnett told WSB-TV. “I’m having to explain to my 8-year-old why slavery or slaves or beatings are in a math problem. That hurts.”

“In this one, the teachers were trying to do a cross-curricular activity,” Gwinnett County school district spokeswoman Sloan Roach said.

Roach said the teachers were attempting to incorporate social studies into math problems.

"We understand that there are concerns about these questions, and we agree that these questions were not appropriate,”
she said.

By Olivia Katrandjian
Jan 7, 2012 6:07pm
‘If Fred Got Two Beatings Per Day…’ Homework Asks

Third graders in in Gwinnett County, Ga., were given math homework Wednesday that asked questions about slavery and beatings.

Christopher Braxton told ABC News affiliate WSB-TV in Atlanta that he couldn’t believe the assignment his 8-year-old son brought home from of Beaver Ridge Elementary school in Norcross.

“It kind of blew me away,” Braxton said. “Do you see what I see? Do you really see what I see? He’s not answering this question.”

The question read, “Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?”

Another math problem read, “If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?”

Another question asked how many baskets of cotton Frederick filled.

“I was furious at that point,” Braxton said.

“This outrages me because it just lets me know that there’s still racists,” said Stephanie Jones, whose child is a student at the school.

“Something like that shouldn’t be imbedded into a kid of the third, fourth, fifth, any grade,” parent Terrance Barnett told WSB-TV. “I’m having to explain to my 8-year-old why slavery or slaves or beatings are in a math problem. That hurts.”

“In this one, the teachers were trying to do a cross-curricular activity,” Gwinnett County school district spokeswoman Sloan Roach said.

Roach said the teachers were attempting to incorporate social studies into math problems.

"We understand that there are concerns about these questions, and we agree that these questions were not appropriate,”
she said.

Holy shit. Just wow. I don't even know what else to say....:crack:

I know school budgets are being cut all over, but did they really need to dig out those old textbooks from 1840 to save a few bucks?

kids don't get enough social studies these days

“If slave Sally Hemings got two beatings per day from her master Thomas Jefferson, how many beatings did she get in one week?”

Michelle Bachmann says the Founding Fathers were fighting slavery.

Washington (CNN) -- Two of the four Marines shown in a video urinating on dead bodies sprawled out on the ground have been identified by the Marine Corps, a Marine Corps official told CNN Thursday.

The names are not being made public, said the official, who did not want to be identified because the investigation is ongoing.

The identities were determined as officials in the United States and Afghanistan expressed shock and outrage regarding the video, which was posted Wednesday to a number of websites.

"I have seen the footage, and I find the behavior depicted in it utterly deplorable," U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said in a statement. "I condemn it in the strongest possible terms."

Panetta said he has ordered the Marine Corps and International Security Assistance Force Commander Gen. John Allen "to immediately and fully investigate the incident."

"This conduct is entirely inappropriate for members of the United States military and does not reflect the standards of values our armed forces are sworn to uphold," Panetta's statement said. "Those found to have engaged in such conduct will be held accountable to the fullest extent."

A senior Pentagon official said Panetta was "deeply troubled" after viewing the video.

Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos said in a statement the behavior is "wholly inconsistent with the high standards of conduct and warrior ethos that we have demonstrated throughout our history."

Lt. Gen. Adrian Bradshaw, deputy commander of ISAF, called the actions on the video "disgusting."

"Any acts which treat the dead, enemy or friendly, with disrespect are utterly unacceptable and do not represent the standards we expect of coalition forces," Bradshaw said in a video statement. He said he was speaking on behalf of Allen, who is out of the country.

"It is difficult to say what long-term impacts this might have, and I would hesitate to get into speculation, but obviously any sort of footage, any sort of activity of this kind that is grossly against all the moral values that the coalition forces are standing for are very much working against our cause and against everything that we are standing for and that we are here for," said Brig. Gen. Carsten Jacobson, a NATO ISAF spokesman. "We will find the ones who are responsible and hold them accountable."

An earlier statement from NATO-led forces in Afghanistan said, "ISAF strongly condemns the actions depicted in the video, which appear to have been conducted by a small group of U.S. individuals, who apparently are no longer serving in Afghanistan."

A senior U.S. military official said the Naval Criminal Investigative Service is the lead investigative agency on the incident. A Marine Corps investigation was announced Wednesday.

While the identities of the people on the video haven't been released, the leadership of the 3rd Battalion 2nd Marine Regiment "is confident those are their Marines" on the video, according to a U.S. Marine official with direct knowledge of the initial investigation. Commanders are "not able to put names to Marines yet, but confident they fall under the 3/2," the official said.

The unit, which is based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, deployed last February or March and returned in September or October. While in Afghanistan, the unit was based primarily in Helmand province.

The video shows four men dressed in Marine combat gear urinating on what appeared to be the dead bodies of three men on the ground in front of them.

One of the men says, "Have a great day, buddy." A voice asks, "You got it on the video?" to which another voice responds, "Yeah." Another jokes, "Golden, like a shower."

It was not clear who shot or posted the 39-second video or where, though a U.S. official said it was a "reasonable conclusion" it was filmed in Afghanistan.

The official, based in Afghanistan, spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

President Barack Obama knows about the video, said White House spokesman Jay Carney, who said he didn't know if Obama had viewed it. "What it apparently depicts is deplorable, reprehensible and unacceptable," Carney said, adding the president agrees with Panetta's statement.

Amos said he has pulled together a team "to thoroughly investigate every aspect of the filmed event." He said he will also assign a Marine general officer and a senior attorney, both with combat experience, to conduct an internal preliminary inquiry into the matter.

"Once the investigation and preliminary inquiry are complete and the facts have been determined, then the Marine Corps will take the appropriate next steps," Amos said. "We remain fully committed to upholding the Geneva Convention, the laws of war and our own core values."

"We are aware of the video. The hate in it does not represent the U.S. Marine Corps," said Col. Ricco Player, a spokesman for the Marines in Afghanistan's volatile Helmand province.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressed "total dismay at the story concerning our Marines who I have the highest respect and admiration for." She called the behavior "deplorable."

"It is absolutely inconsistent with American values, with the standards of behavior that we expect from our military personnel and the vast, vast majority of our military personnel, particularly our Marines, hold themselves to," she said. "Anyone found to have participated or known about it, having engaged in this kind of conduct, must be held fully accountable."

Afghan President Hamid Karzai called on the U.S. government to investigate the video and hand down the harshest punishment possible.

"The government of Afghanistan is deeply disturbed by a video that shows American soldiers desecrating dead bodies of three Afghans," according to a statement released by the presidential palace on behalf of Karzai.

"This act by American soldiers is simply inhuman and condemnable in the strongest possible terms."

A Taliban spokesman called the video "barbaric."

"And no religion that follows a holy text would accept such conduct. This inhuman act reveals their real face to the world," Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi said via text message Thursday.

The U.S. Embassy in Kabul said in a statement Thursday it "strongly condemns" the actions in the video.

"Such actions are reprehensible, dishonor the sacrifices of our military and the American people and violate the core values of both our societies," the embassy said.

"Islam gives values and respect to every human being," regardless of which religion the individual follows, said Islamic scholar Mawlawi Enayatullah Baligh. "The value and respect is the same for an alive person and a dead body. Even the body of your enemy in the battleground is respectable in Islam."

The video surfaces at a critical time for relations among the United States, the Afghan government and the Taliban.

Last year, the United States outlined its plan to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan, beginning by pulling out 33,000 "surge" troops who had been deployed to help quell the violence by the end of 2012. The remaining 68,000 troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2014.

Meanwhile, the Taliban tentatively agreed in recent weeks to open an office in Qatar's capital city of Doha, a decision widely seen as an overture aimed at establishing an outside forum for political talks with NATO-led forces and the current Afghan administration, among others.

A senior Marine Corps official who has examined the video said Wednesday that the Marines are carrying 30-caliber sniper rifles and wearing helmets issued to members of Marine sniper teams. The helmets are designed with a shorter front and sides so that snipers can place rifles and scopes near their faces.

The official added that the desecration of a body by U.S. troops could be considered a potential war crime.

"We recently became aware of an inappropriate video on a public website that appears to involve members of our military," International Security Assistance Force spokesman Col. Gary Kolb said from Kabul. "We will not speculate on the details but will take all necessary actions to determine the facts."

"Regardless of the circumstances or who is in the video, this is egregious, disgusting behavior," said Department of Defense spokesman Capt. John Kirby. "It's hideous. It turned my stomach."

In a statement released Wednesday, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations condemned the video.

"If verified as authentic, the video shows behavior that is totally unbecoming of American military personnel and that could ultimately endanger other soldiers and civilians," wrote CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad in a letter to Panetta.

"Any guilty parties must be punished to the full extent allowed by the Uniform Code of Military Justice and by relevant American laws."

"When a Marine does something good, no one notices. When a Marine does something bad, the whole world knows."

Ever since I've been in this is something that were always told. I'vr heard it from my drill instructors, my platoon sergeant, everyone. And they tell us so hopefully we dont go and do stupid stuff like this.

That beind said though, they're not in trouble because they did it. They're in trouble because they FILMED it, and put it on youtube. I am a Marine, I know were better than this, but honestly I don't have a huge issue with what they did. If I was there, I wouldn't partake in it. I wouldn't stop them either. Actually I take that back, I would stop the guy filming it. Because that's retarded. But no one understands the stress that we feel over there. Just try and imagine getting shot at by these guys day in and day out, by fucks who use women and children as body shields, and do a lot more sick and twisted shit than what the Marines did. Imagine you've lost 3 friends in the past week, and one just got his legs blown off an hour earlier.

I know this is probably gonna upset a lot of you guys, but I really honestly doesn't bother me that a group of Marines pissed on some dead bad guys. Was it unprofessional? Yes, but you have no idea what it's like until you've been there.

Ask anyone in the Marine Corps and they'll tell you the same thing. This sort of thing happens a lot actually. People have always just been smarter and don't broadcast it to the world gloating about it.

I am a Marine, I know were better than this, but honestly I don't have a huge issue with what they did. If I was there, I wouldn't partake in it. I wouldn't stop them either. Actually I take that back, I would stop the guy filming it.

This sort of thing happens a lot actually.

Do you actually hear yourself when you say this kind of thing? Or do they try to train the humanity right out of you as well?

Back
Top Bottom