Feel ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This isn't really unique to retail. My little sister is working double shifts on Thanksgiving by choice, getting time and a half for both! For every person that wants a holiday off there are probably five people that would pick up the shift.

I've done some Black Friday shopping in the past, both getting up early or just going later in the day. I've seen long lines but so far have never had anyone be rude to me.

There are rumors going around that Islamic fundamentalists want to destroy the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Some believe the Islamic Brotherhood in Egypt will do this now since they have power.

That cannot happen. If it ever does, the world's heart will be broken. I know mine will be.

And the calls mount:

Murgan Salem al-Gohary, an Egyptian jihadist who claims he has links to the Taliban, has called for the “destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in Egypt."
Al-Gohary, an Islamist leader and jihadist sentenced twice under President Hosni Mubarak for advocating violence, urged Muslims to "destroy the idols" in Egypt -- specifically the Giza Pyramids and the Great Sphinx -- during a television interview on Saturday on Egypt's Dream TV, according to Al Arabiya News.
“God ordered Prophet Mohammed to destroy idols,” he said, according to Al Arabiya News. “When I was with the Taliban we destroyed the statue of Buddha, something the government failed to do.”

Adding, “All Muslims are charged with applying the teachings of Islam to remove such idols, as we did in Afghanistan when we destroyed the Buddha statues,” according to the Egypt Independent. The jihadist refers to when the Taliban blew up a pair of Buddha statues and smashed other art forms in Afghanistan in 2001, according to The Jerusalem Post. These were symbols of the country's long Buddhist history.
The vice president of Tunisia’s Ennahda Party, Sheikh Abdel Fattah Moro, called in to the station to challenge al-Gohary's interpretation of Islam. Moro said the famous military commander Amr ibn al-Aas did not destroy statues when he conquered Egypt. “So who are you to do it?” he asked. “The Prophet destroyed the idols because people worshiped them, but the Sphinx and the Pyramids are not worshiped.”

Murgan Salem al-Gohary, Egyptian Jihadist, Wants Pyramids And Sphinx Destroyed

Erotic Zoos Prompt Germany To Reinstate Bestiality Laws

This is seriously insane. What the fuck is wrong with people who basically rape animals? I swear, sometimes I fear for the human race.

I know bestiality is nothing new and has been around for centuries. But to hear about "zoophilia advocates" makes me sick and depressed.

And the story from the woman in Washington falls all too neatly into the pattern of ripping apart families -- rape and other forms of sexualized violence have long been used as a tool of war to destroy not only individual bodies but entire communities. What is happening in Syria is no exception.

In an attempt to not lose a single story that could be used as possible evidence for future war crimes trials, we are documenting reports of sexualized violence on a live, crowd-sourced map on Syria. We know, however, that evidence of crimes is being destroyed every day: More than 20% of the women in our reports are found dead or are killed after rape.
Broken down by type of crime and perpetrator, each case is marked as a red dot on the map and contains up to dozens or even hundreds of victims. Each dot is a life or lives potentially ripped apart by a horrific act of violence, an act that is particularly powerful as a weapon in Syria, where honor is so highly prized.

Rape is tearing Syrians apart. The concept of purity is destroying their lives on top of it.
The International Rescue Committee, referring to Syria, reported in August that "girl-child survivors of rape are frequently married to their older cousins or other male members of the community, to 'save their honor.' " Participants in adolescent girl groups told the IRC that if a girl is raped, "Sometimes she might be killed by her family. She might kill herself. ... She knows that she will be dishonored for the rest of her life."
Honor killings, forced marriages and divorce are just a few of the ways shame is destroying lives in Syria. There is also suicide when the shame becomes too much to bear, such as the story on our map telling of a girl in Latakia who reportedly killed herself by jumping off a balcony after rape.
Rape is shredding Syria's social fabric - CNN.com

:sigh:

I don't know what angers me more - the fact that rape is war tool in Syria, or the fact that being raped is something to be ashamed of, like it was the woman's fault. This piece even mentions how men are forced to choose to either have their wives, daughters, sisters murdered in front of them at checkpoints, or to leave them behind so they can be raped. Some men choose the latter, allowing their women become subjected to shame and dishonor in their society. How disgusting. It truly doesn't make any sense, this whole honor bullshit. And that is what it is - bullshit. I can go on forever how this baffles and angers me.

Both are pretty worthy of outrage. Absolutely disgusting and horrifying. And the most frustrating part is that nobody seems to be willing to step up to actually DO something about this and make it stop. It rarely ever makes the headlines in terms of foreign news and so it continues to go on.

Newspaper takes heat over haunting subway photo - CNN.com

I read this in the paper this morning and saw the picture - it was one of those "omg" moments.....what a horrible way to die - seeing death approach you at high speed and you're helpless to do anything about it. I am deeply sorry and sad for the victim's family and I hope that at least he died instantly and didn't suffer.

As for the photographer.....what was he thinking?? (besides dollar signs of course). How could he have stood by and done nothing? I'm sure that if there were enough people there they could have at least tried to wrench the victim from harm's way.

This is a truly tragic story and I hope the pusher is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

We're already talking about this in the New York's Finest thread.

I'd have to disagree. Yes, it was wrong of them to ask for personal medical info, but it was a prank, one that happens each and every day and many of them are are successful and funny. Are we just going to ban people from pulling pranks now? I don't think anybody would reasonably expect the nurse to kill herself over it

You disagree that it's not so funny now? I don't expect the DJ's to reasonably expect that she would kill herself, but there are all kinds of possible consequences of pranks and messing with people. It's like that Jenny Jones case years ago. Was that show legally responsible for the guest's suicide? No. But those DJ's will have to live with that. I still feel disgusted that it happened. There is moral responsibility, even if pranks like that are played all the time.

Oh, I don't disagree that it's not funny anymore, because it clearly is not. I'm just wondering where we draw the line, because even the most benign pranks, or what we would think is benign, could have some unintended consequences.

Yeah, my dad worked in radio and he did the silly prank thing from time to time. Never anything that bad, no, he knew where the line was and avoided crossing it as much as he could, but still...

My guess is this woman likely had problems well before this prank that helped lead to her committing suicide. If the DJs were being over the top, which it sounds like they may have been with the personal info stuff, then yeah, it'd be nice of them to apologize/show regret for whatever they said or did.

But to point to that as the reason she killed herself seems kinda simplistic to me.

I agree that this woman - Jacintha Saldanha - must've had problems that led to her suicide and this prank was what really pushed her. Also, FYI, she was not the nurse who gave out information about the Duchess - she was the one who put the call to that particular nurse.

I really don't think the DJs are largely to blame either. Even though their prank was silly and stupid, they had no idea that it would cause the suicide of someone. They even said right after the prank was done that they were surprised they even got through in the first place. So even though they played a role in Jacintha's suicide, they are not solely responsible. A lawsuit might happen, but nothing like involuntary manslaughter.

As for Jacintha, I really feel for her. Assuming that she felt horrible for believing that it was actually the Queen calling and putting that call through, she must've also felt stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if the executives at the hospital reprimanded her and she was ridiculed by her co-workers. That type of shame and humiliation can feel immense, I'm sure all of us have been there - I have! I just feel very sorry for her and her family. It's very tragic.

That same radio station also got in trouble previously for hooking a 14 year old up to a lie detector, the kid (can't remember if it was a boy or a girl) "admitted" to being raped. Don't know why they involved a minor in something like that, or why they were even asking about that.

this may not be disgusting, but it is mean
( I did not want to start an 'absolutely mean' thread)

Chilly_D_receipt.jpg

Women furious over 'fat girls' comment on restaurant receipt

Here’s a tip: Get some manners, Server suspended after 3 women at California restaurant called ‘fat girls’ on receipt

People are restaurants writing rude or nasty comments to customers or the servers is getting more common lately. That, or its just being reported more.

Guess he was only 22 and stole or "borrowed" someone else's gun. Killed a man and a woman who were both in their 40's, I believe. A teenage girl he shot is clinging to life.

Saw this on CNN last night. This is terrible:

He stabbed his children 46 times. He was freed after 46 months.
In the latest twist in a case that has shocked Canadians, a cardiologist who killed his two children was granted his release from a psychiatric institution Wednesday, with conditions.
The decision to release Guy Turcotte came as little surprise. A jury, last year, had found him not criminally responsible for killing his three-year-old daughter and five-year-old son.
Since the court verdict, he had been in Montreal's Pinel institute where a panel Wednesday found him mentally fit to be released. The case had provoked a torrent of outrage in Quebec, with Turcotte becoming a household name.
Turcotte told the hearing Wednesday that he wants to lead a regular, productive life - but he's concerned about his new-found notoriety.
"I'd like to work, to do some good around me," the cardiologist told the panel.
"My biggest challenge will be dealing with others, with the public. There's been a lot of badmouthing, a lot of things that will be said. There will be a lot of prejudice against me."
His ex-wife Isabelle Gaston expressed concern and disappointment with the justice system after the panel's decision. "I've lost faith in the justice system," Gaston said Wednesday outside the institute.
"The message (this decision sends) is you can kill your wife because you're sad or your kids because you're upset and get away with it by saying you weren't all there."

Read more: Quebec doctor who killed his children released from prison

"My biggest challenge will be dealing with others, with the public. There's been a lot of badmouthing, a lot of things that will be said. There will be a lot of prejudice against me."

I don't know the details of this, but it doesn't sound like he's even remorseful for what he's done. Like he did nothing wrong, and the public are to blame. :|

Back
Top Bottom