Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the guy in the cowboy hat doesn't put a tourniquet on the legs of the guy who was able to ID one of the two guys, this thing could still be going.

Crazy how things happen

Yes indeed. I'm sure FBI might have had other ID help, but Jeff Bauman was still very important. I found out that he was working part time in the Costco I shop in. Costco is taking care of him financially and in any other way they can. He was trying to pay off student loans.

The man in the cowboy hat is Carlos Arredondo. Anyone who didn't already know his back story should Google it. Amazing to me that his life came full circle to that day and place.

What I'm trying to say is this, if you interpret the Bible literally, you're going to have a shitty belief system. If you interpret the Koran literally you're going to have a shitty belief system. But only the latter advocates for violence and destruction. And it's a lot easier to interpret the Koran that way than it is the Bible.

I'm guessing you haven't read either one of them front to back. It's pretty easy to find snippets taken out of context in both that call for violence. Your ability to ignore historical context of violence,the influence of socio-economic factors, and other glaring factual mistakes is pretty telling.

I'm guessing you haven't read either one of them front to back. It's pretty easy to find snippets taken out of context in both that call for violence. Your ability to ignore historical context of violence,the influence of socio-economic factors, and other glaring factual mistakes is pretty telling.

I'll admit to having not read every page of the Bible, but, in the New Testament at least, where do you see a call to violence? Honest question. Since reading your post, I've been doing some research online and I can't find anything convincing.

Why are you asking questions? You're on the internet!!! ;)

Infowars is Alex Jones' crackpot website

Who knows. Of course white hat is going to throw older brother under the bus now, and he has literally (well Benz SUV) and figuratively. Apparently. Maybe white hat was just better at fooling people and living a double life. All of his friends and classmates talk about what a great guy they thought he was. And those who thought it might be him in the photos-nah, couldn't be. No way. No one called about the photos.

No martyrdom behavior evident, until things started closing in on them and they were going to use up what bombs and ammo they had left.

I'm not defending the lil one. I'm actually saying the opposite. I'm saying he's even more disgusting of a person.

They're sick, the both of them. One of them was a lunatic though. The other... seemingly perfectly sane. Makes him the most vile, despicable kind of person.

I don't think they planned on getting away with it. Nobody can be that stupid to do what they did. I think they were just waiting for people to catch on before they struck again.

I'll admit to having not read every page of the Bible, but, in the New Testament at least, where do you see a call to violence? Honest question. Since reading your post, I've been doing some research online and I can't find anything convincing.

This is kinda my point. You know the story of the Bible, you know that the OT and NT are very different, and that has everything to do with context. But the OT has quite a few verses that when taken out of context sound like calls to violence. Also different versions were much more violent in their interpretation than others. We actually had a thread in here years ago, I think started by A_Wanderer that dealt with this, it was pretty interesting reading some of the different versions out of context.

Actually let me put the quote from the Koran I posted earlier into context.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Mohammed said this after him and his people had left Mecca and settled in Medina. I've heard the "defensive warfare" argument, but that doesn't really make sense. So Mohammed is saying to go and slaughter the people of Mecca, which they later did. Okay, so cool. I get that they were kicked out, and they had the divine right to be there so they should be able to go back and kill the shit out of everyone, thats somewhat understandable. But fight until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah? So when do you put down your arms? Until every last infidel is dead?

Qur'an (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Love thy enemy doesn't apply here

Qur'an (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

I get that a lot of bits of the Old Testament is pretty gruesome, but not like this.

Can someone please put these quotes into context for me and tell me why if I was a Muslim I shouldn't be doing these things Mohammed is calling for me to do?

This is kinda my point. You know the story of the Bible, you know that the OT and NT are very different, and that has everything to do with context. But the OT has quite a few verses that when taken out of context sound like calls to violence. Also different versions were much more violent in their interpretation than others. We actually had a thread in here years ago, I think started by A_Wanderer that dealt with this, it was pretty interesting reading some of the different versions out of context.

So what you're saying is, you're looking at the Bible as a whole?

He was behind Loose change, the 9/11 conspiracy theorist "documentary." And he basically believes the governments behind everything, from Sandy Hook to the Oklahoma City bombings. I would probably assume he's saying the Texas fertilizer plant explosion was the government too. He's a giant insane douche-tard who rants about the "New World Order." Oh and that we faked the moon landing.

Not to sugarcoat anything but there were plenty of disbelievers in the old caliphate(s). The majority of the population in some instances. They were taxed, rather than slain, by and large. The original Islamic conquests were a classic imperial expansion. Doesn't make it great or anything, just saying...

He's the "false flag" guy, basically. And the Boston bombings, which he immediately called a false flag, were carried out by the very people who believe his false flag bullshit.

I get that a lot of bits of the Old Testament is pretty gruesome, but not like this.
Oh really?

Luke 19:26-27

New International Version (NIV)

26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Deuteronomy 13:12–17

12 “If you hear in one of your cities, which the Lord your God is giving you to dwell there, 13 that certain worthless fellows have gone out among you and have drawn away the inhabitants of their city, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which you have not known, 14 then you shall inquire and make search and ask diligently. And behold, if it be true and certain that such an abomination has been done among you, 15 you shall surely put the inhabitants of that city to the sword, devoting it to destruction,3 all who are in it and its cattle, with the edge of the sword. 16 You shall gather all its spoil into the midst of its open square and burn the city and all its spoil with fire, as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. It shall be a heap forever. It shall not be built again. 17 None of the devoted things shall stick to your hand, that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger and show you mercy and have compassion on you and multiply you, as he swore to your fathers,

Deuteronomy 20:10-17

King James Version (KJV)

10 When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it.

11 And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee.

12 And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it:

13 And when the Lord thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.

15 Thus shalt thou do unto all the cities which are very far off from thee, which are not of the cities of these nations.

16 But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee:

See? Pretty easy.

Can we agree that both books are violent? You can't claim to have the moral authority when you must cherry pick verses to suit your version of morality.

But back to the bombers. Where has it been said they were into infowars? I'm not finding it online (just shit about infowars).

These conspiracy nuts are as dangerous as any foreign or local terrorist. When you create such paranoia and fear, you're going to see followers take dramatic actions.

Problem with religions and conspiracies is that they can always be stretched out to fit whatever is going on.

This Boston bombing was a false flag. These kids were brainwashed by the FBI to perform this and blame it on infowars so the gov could go after Alex Jones and his followers of truth. Remove these truthers and a new world order can be set up faster.

See. Prove that isn't what REALLY happened

Can we agree that both books are violent? You can't claim to have the moral authority when you must cherry pick verses to suit your version of morality.

But back to the bombers. Where has it been said they were into infowars? I'm not finding it online (just shit about infowars).

These conspiracy nuts are as dangerous as any foreign or local terrorist. When you create such paranoia and fear, you're going to see followers take dramatic actions.

Problem with religions and conspiracies is that they can always be stretched out to fit whatever is going on.

This Boston bombing was a false flag. These kids were brainwashed by the FBI to perform this and blame it on infowars so the gov could go after Alex Jones and his followers of truth. Remove these truthers and a new world order can be set up faster.

See. Prove that isn't what REALLY happened

I never cared much for conspiracy theorists. Yes, I agree the media and government is keeping information from us, but I don't believe that the Illuminati is slowly preparing for a New World Order or some other wacky theory that doesn't add up.

I used to shrug off such conspiracies, but ever since Sandy Hook and those conspiracies that Obama was behind it and such, I am getting really annoyed with them and the people who believe them. I've been seeing on my FB feed that some friends and relatives are posting conspiracy theories, links and memes (not the funny ones, the serious ones) more, and it is not a good sign. It's the true the news media has gotten really crappy lately, but that doesn't mean there's something more sinister going on.

The biggest thing I ask these people is "What are you going to do about it?" I have a friend that is HUGE into these conspiracy theories, and ever since Sandy Hook I've decided to challenge her on it.

While she doesn't believe it was all staged, she does think it's "fishy". Same thing with the Colorado shooter....something fishy about him.

I always ask what has the government shown it's capable of doing without some form of fucking up? Seriously, it can't run a single program without major flaws. So you mean to tell me that this same organization can manipulate the public, carry out these extremely impossible events, and cover it all up without screwing up?

No fucking way. And our media just adds fuel to their fire by being idiotic in their reporting. When you just start throwing out rumors as reporting, then these nuts use those first false reports as evidence to their cause.

"Where was that Saudi man that was taken into custody as the first reports came out???? Did you know this Saudi man has ties to the royal family and Bin Laden? Why isn't anyone reporting on this?"

Because it's shit.

I used to think it was a small group of nuts. but apparently it's a lot larger of a network. Even these bomber's parents appear to be conspiracy nutjobs.

All this Bible and Qu'ran thumping seems to be moot at this point.

Boston bombing suspect describes plot - latimes.com

Writing answers from his hospital bed because he was shot in the throat, the 19-year-old accused bomber also said that his slain older brother, Tamerlan, was "upset" by the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and that anger was the motivation to plant two crude homemade bombs along the crowded race route.

A U.S. counter-terrorism official said Dzhokhar Tsarnaev mentioned the wars "as a general justification for what he did"; a law enforcement official said he did not seem as bothered about America's role in the Muslim world.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has told investigators that he and his older brother planned the Boston Marathon bombings only a week or so before the race, that they were operating alone, and that they received no training or support from outside terrorist groups, officials said Tuesday.

So, maybe not all Muslims are jihadists, maybe not all Christians are Crusaders. Some Muslims and Christians are just assholes; their religion may have nothing to do with being assholes.

So, maybe not all Muslims are jihadists, maybe not all Christians are Crusaders. Some Muslims and Christians are just assholes; their religion may have nothing to do with being assholes.

:yes:

Those infowars people have been hanging out near every live CNN shot. Screaming and yelling and holding signs. I wonder about people who get into that stuff too.

Speaking of CNN, Jon Stewart did a great bit on their coverage. Funny, but sad too. Susan Candiotti doesn't even know how to pronounce Copley, she should be kicked out for that. Let alone what she said in his bit.

All this Bible and Qu'ran thumping seems to be moot at this point.

Boston bombing suspect describes plot - latimes.com

I'm so glad they're so busy molesting innocent passengers that the TSA can't bother to spell a name right. Preventable. I'm not sure why more people aren't upset about this part.

Back
Top Bottom