Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my very obedient, church-going colleagues was on about how these guys were Muslims and that's what this is all about. When I asked him if that was confirmed or not, it apparently doesn't matter if it's confirmed. There are Muslims in Chechnya, so this must be Muslim terrorism.

The Drudge Report has the information

images

DRUDGE REPORT 2013�

University officials confirmed that Tsarnaev lived in a dorm on campus.
Fellow students described Tsarnaev as both a “pothead” and a soccer fanatic.
Students said Tsarnaev had a reputation as being a terrible driver and some were afraid to ride around campus with him.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...aev-on-umass-dartmouth-campus-after-bombings/

So I've been trying to follow this thread during a busy day at work. There's a lot of information being thrown around and I want to make sure I have everything right. If you guys don't mind walking me through this, that would be great. I'm not sure what to believe anymore, but from what I can tell, Hewson made fun of Mikal about a year ago; something to do with liking every sports team or something? Then Hewson said that Mikal wasn't funny earlier in this thread, which Mikal took as an opportunity to dish out some revenge (served very cold, apparently) and told Hewson he was a troll and a coward and to bring it on. Then Diemen told them both to quit fucking around. Is that about right?

Pretty good summary...just one fact you have a little off, I'll let you backtrack through today's postings and figure out what it is. :wink:

"lifting the shelter" may have been a ploy to flush out something, someone

Residents describe pandemonium on Franklin Street in Watertown; source says suspect pinned down.

body found on a boat??

I don't think they know whether he's dead or not, which is why they're being so cautious.

ETA: Just heard on the scanner "Still movement in the back of the boat." Scanner talk is largely useless, but it does seem like he may still be alive.

One of my very obedient, church-going colleagues was on about how these guys were Muslims and that's what this is all about. When I asked him if that was confirmed or not, it apparently doesn't matter if it's confirmed. There are Muslims in Chechnya, so this must be Muslim terrorism.

indeed........

NOT necessarily :rolleyes:

i lived in a section of Brooklyn that a bunch of businesses run by Middle Easterners during 9-11 .... The big supermarket people had their headscarf
wearing female employees stay home the first 2 days or so after..... protect them from angry bigots

They're clearing civilians from the area. Cops are literally carrying people in their arms away from the scene. And the cops need to get at least one more officer moved because he is in a vulnerable area near the boat.

I've watched enough movies to know that he can come back to life,
at least a couple of times.

Can't tell you how many times i've seen the good guy not kick the bad guys weapon clear. Always leads to bad news.

Back
Top Bottom