Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw 5 black hawk helicopters flying over my house! In New York, they were obviously headed towards Watertown. This was like a half hour ago, so they're still sending people. Damn it must be insane there.

The father is saying from Russia that if the younger son (who he calls an angel) is killed "all hell will break loose".

Wow, smart idea Dad. I heard that angel thing this morning, guess he flew away on his wings and that's why no one can find him. That angel killed the MIT officer while he was in his cruiser on traffic duty. He was possibly found dead in the cruiser with his weapon still completely in his holster, according to WBZ. Allegedly killed him, of course. Or the brother did and he just watched, cause he's an angel.

Dude, you're not funny.

Troll-300x291.png

Wow, smart idea Dad. I heard that angel thing this morning, guess he flew away on his wings and that's why no one can find him. That angel killed the MIT officer while he was in his cruiser on traffic duty. He was possibly found dead in the cruiser with his weapon still completely in his holster, according to WBZ. Allegedly killed him, of course. Or the brother did and he just watched, cause he's an angel.

Report was he was shot in the head.

Father claims its some kind of frame job from report just on WBZ, both sons innocent.

Could something bigger be going on? I mean, this is massive. Might they think there could be more than these two, some larger plot?

Black hawk/military helicopters...they don't send those for no reason. The last time I saw so many military helicopters flying by was on and after 9/11.

Could something bigger be going on? I mean, this is massive. Might they think there could be more than these two, some larger plot?

Black hawk/military helicopters...they don't send those for no reason. The last time I saw so many military helicopters flying by was on and after 9/11.

That's what I was wondering too.

As this is all going on, it's just so hard to believe that an entire city can be on lockdown because of one lunatic.

Do the maths

911 > 415

I know, I mean in terms of why/how it happened. They might feel there could be more accomplices. Or they could just be taking extra precautions just to be safe.

They did find another bomb in Boston today, and diffused it.

Man, I feel awful for the Tripathi family. I bought into that whole thing last night. Countless other people did, too.

I'm going to stop reading the internet.

I'm not really going to stop reading the internet. But it would be nice.

I'm sure they are operating at least under the assumptiuon that there could be others involved or at least helping the brothers. These guys had assault weapons, grenades and other explosives on them last night when this went down, so obviously they are taking every precaution cause even if this kid is alone he appears to be heavily armed and last seen in a residential neighborhood, so there's concern over more casualties.

Certainly the reports of what these 2 had sounds like more than just 2 disgruntled brothers acting out, hopefully we'll find out if there is a larger group involved.

Please direct that to Hewson as well. I'm not the only party being a jerk here.

If I did anything out of line Diemen is more than welcome to inform me of the act so I don't repeat it. It started Monday when I merely told you you weren't funny for making light of what happened here, and you've been following me around since trying to pick some kind of internet tough guy fight.

If I did anything out of line Diemen is more than welcome to inform me of the act so I don't repeat it. It started Monday when I merely told you you weren't funny for making light of what happened here, and you've been following me around since trying to pick some kind of internet tough guy fight.

Just like you followed me around last year making the same BS joke about me liking every sports team to the point where everyone else started following it?

Yeah, its just so hard to believe two people, who seemed normal in High School going to the prom and being on the wrestling team and such, could turn out to do this without any outside influence.

And its scary since it seems like that could be the case.

I just have never seen anything like it. An entire city shut down and closed off for a teenager. Even after 9/11, people were allowed to eventually take trains out on NYC later in the day. Of course its very different, its just shocking.

Its comforting that they were able to act so swiftly to make sure they dont escape though.

The Toronto Sun (admittedly a rag) has published an interview with the men's aunt who lives in Toronto. She said the older one had a 2-year-old daughter.

Yeah, its just so hard to believe two people, who seemed normal in High School going to the prom and being on the wrestling team and such, could turn out to do this without any outside influence.

And its scary since it seems like that could be the case.

I just have never seen anything like it. An entire city shut down and closed off for a teenager. Even after 9/11, people were allowed to eventually take trains out on NYC later in the day. Of course its very different, its just shocking.

Its comforting that they were able to act so swiftly to make sure they dont escape though.

yep. And sorry to bring up a Batman reference again, but I just keep thinking of how Bane takes Gotham over. It almost has that kind of feel to it. Freaky...

Something isn't sounding right about this anymore.

What are the latest developments? Just the Black Hawks? Is there negotiating going on or hostage crisis? Is this guy even in Boston or Watertown anymore?

It's been quiet for a while, too long actually.

Just like you followed me around last year making the same BS joke about me liking every sports team to the point where everyone else started following it?

Whatever pal. I didn't follow you around. I didn't originate the premise about your love for every team and there's plenty of joking and ribbing between the reguar posters in the sports forums, I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't realize you were that sensitive and took it seriously. Carry on, keep calling me names, do as you like, I'm done with it.

Back
Top Bottom