Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That, and justice. And for the victims' and their families to look at him in the eye and tell them the pain he's done. He may not care, but it could be enough for them.

I've never understood this. Why would anyone want to give someone who wanted to cause them or their family member pain the thrill of knowing he/she did exactly that? I just don't get it.

I went to lunch and watched the ABC broadcast. I wish I hadn't. All of the friends and teachers calling in was breaking my heart. Everyone just seems completely blown away by this story. Like, no explanation for this behavior. They seem so sad and confused because, from the sounds of it, the younger brother at least was a really nice friendly guy.

I don't know how true any of it is, but they're getting quite a few stories saying the same thing.

Don't know if that's the same uncle who was on local tv early this morning, because he was only on the phone then. But it sounds like the same guy, and he also called the older brother a loser this morning.

He needs his own spinoff. That was incredible. The only levity I've found in this thing.

I've never understood this. Why would anyone want to give someone who wanted to cause them or their family member pain the thrill of knowing he/she did exactly that? I just don't get it.

I've heard it gives a sense of closure. And they don't always tell about their pain. In many ways, they say "fuck you".

Just heard on 1010 WINS that they fear the suspect may take hostages and is preparing to go down with a fight.

Oh boy...

But I'm hungry.
I'm in East Boston...aside from the airport stepped up police presence, doesn't seem to be any activity on this side of the harbor.

One of my favorite random tweets from this morning was that everything in the Watertown area was shut down except for the Dunkin' Donuts.

There are reports that the younger brother was attending UMass Dartmouth, and possibly had some sort of wrestling scholarship. Tv station interviewed a girl who went to high school with him, showed yearbook pictures of him wrestling. Said he was known as a class clown type. Believe it was Cambridge Rindge and Latin. Reports that he checked in at school by swiping his ID card, at the gym or something like that on Tuesday the day after the marathon. If he was going to school there on a daily basis it's doubtful that he was living in Cambridge, maybe more like the older brother was and that's where the younger one was when school wasn't in session? I don't know. Don't know if he was living in a dorm, maybe he was commuting. Just wondering about the planning of all of this, etc. Suppose older brother could have been more of a mastermind.

Supposedly the older brother had more bullet holes in him than the doctors could even count, and maybe blast wounds. They were allegedly lobbing explosives at the officers. If you saw the neighbor's video of the shootout and heard the audio, that's completely believable. The MIT police officer that they murdered, he was only 26 years old. They shot an MBTA officer, in the gunfight I assume. He is reported to be still alive.

There are reports that the younger brother was attending UMass Dartmouth, and possibly had some sort of wrestling scholarship. Tv station interviewed a girl who went to high school with him, showed yearbook pictures of him wrestling. Said he was known as a class clown type. Believe it was Cambridge Rindge and Latin. Reports that he checked in at school by swiping his ID card, at the gym or something like that on Tuesday the day after the marathon. If he was going to school there on a daily basis it's doubtful that he was living in Cambridge, maybe more like the older brother was and that's where the younger one was when school wasn't in session? I don't know. Don't know if he was living in a dorm.

They said on WBZ they evacuated his dorm as a precaution this morning, so he was in a dorm

They said on WBZ they evacuated his dorm as a precaution this morning, so he was in a dorm

Yikes. Guess he was able to be involved in all of this even in a living situation like that. But these days technology makes that very easy. I wonder what his roommate is thinking right now.

WBZ reporting that the younger brother just became a US citizen last year-on September 11th

Black Hawk helicopters and police from all over New England are in the area in Watertown (it's near a mall) that's been closed off. They found the Honda CRV, he wasn't in it.

mikal said:
Call this an incensitive joke if you want, but how awesome would it be if Batman caught the second suspect?

You are to jokes what reddit is to sleuthing

Back
Top Bottom