Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Call this an incensitive joke if you want, but how awesome would it be if Batman caught the second suspect?

They attacked a school in 2004, and killed 300 people, mostly kids.

The Islamist militants in Chechnya are terrorists, no doubt about it, but this is really a very poor description of what happened in Beslan. To this day, dissidents of Putin maintain that the massacre and casualty numbers were a result of Russian action (in the way that they stormed the school indiscriminately, in the failure to secure the scene such that civilians could go in and out, etc.) Very complex and sad story.

They're from Kyrgyzstan supposedly, and immigrated here at ages 9 and 16.

I'm not saying they've actually been a part of their war in that area, but I'm fairly certain that's where their motivation is coming from. Does anyone know if they've made trips home in recent months?

To this day, dissidents of Putin maintain that the massacre and casualty numbers were a result of Russian action (in the way that they stormed the school indiscriminately, in the failure to secure the scene such that civilians could go in and out, etc.) Very complex and sad story.

no suprises there

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a third suspect is being looked for (or hunted if you will) in Connecticut. This is definitely not a two or three man operation - a lot are in involved.

Supposedly, there's a YouTube video of the suspect explaining why he's a Jihadist.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a third suspect is being looked for (or hunted if you will) in Connecticut. This is definitely not a two or three man operation - a lot are in involved.

Supposedly, there's a YouTube video of the suspect explaining why he's a Jihadist.

They were talking about that on the radio, I keep missing what they have to say though, getting up and down doing different thing at work.

I just know they were saying something about the possibility they were running to New York via Connecticut?

They were talking about that on the radio, I keep missing what they have to say though, getting up and down doing different thing at work.

I just know they were saying something about the possibility they were running to New York via Connecticut?

Supposedly, that's what may be possible.

Also, their father says they're "angels" while their uncle says they "don't deserve to exist on this earth."

I'm following Twitter now, my only chance to follow events in real time while at work. Can't stream NBC at work, obviously and it only buffer over and over.

Supposedly, that's what may be possible.

Also, their father says they're "angels" while their uncle says they "don't deserve to exist on this earth."

I'm following Twitter now, my only chance to follow events in real time while at work. Can't stream NBC at work, obviously and it only buffer over and over.

I'm streaming just music radio at work, they've been good about updating every 10 minutes or so, so it's not distracting me completely.

They didn't have a direct quote of the dad's tweet, but they said it was something along the lines of there will be hell to pay if anything happens to his son?

I'm streaming just music radio at work, they've been good about updating every 10 minutes or so, so it's not distracting me completely.

They didn't have a direct quote of the dad's tweet, but they said it was something along the lines of there will be hell to pay if anything happens to his son?

Heard that too.

Come to think of it, everything is up in the air now and Twitter is not entirely reliable unless it is a confirmed account and/or confirmed reports. Maybe we should stop referring to it.

Just all speculation now. Welcome to the new era of news reporting.

If they're from Chechnya I would say with 99% certainty they are. Chechnyan militants are pretty hardcore, as far as Jihadists go. They attacked a school in 2004, and killed 300 people, mostly kids. Many militants from Chechnya came to Afghanistan to fight US troops. I see no other possible explanation or motivation.

Of course CNN and the rest of the media will be afraid to say that though, as I'm sure they're very disappointed it wasn't some crazy right wing anti government white guy.
Your analysis has been rad so far, so keep going with this.
Call this an incensitive joke if you want, but how awesome would it be if Batman caught the second suspect?
Sensitivity aside, what's the punchline? Where's the humor in that? If you're going to go out on a limb, at least have the joke be funny.

Me too, I want some kind of explanation.

That, and justice. And for the victims' and their families to look at him in the eye and tell them the pain he's done. He may not care, but it could be enough for them.

Does anyone know if they've made trips home in recent months?

I don't know anything about how legit this is at all, but a young guy called in to WEEI (one of the two major sports radio stations here) and claimed to have known the older brother. Why he was calling them and not the FBI, I have no earthly idea. So I'm very skeptical of it. But he said they all called him Tim. He's from Cambridge, where they went to school (the two brothers). They're replaying it right now. This kid claims that the older one went back to Chechnya around last December. The hosts told him to get in touch with the authorities. Says he's been friends with Tim since 2005. He also said that the claim that Tim said he had no American friends, didn't understand them was untrue in his opinion-that all his friends were American.

This guy could be a fraud, have no idea obviously.

A local TV station also interviewed one of their uncles, a guy who allegedly is an uncle. He claims "Tim" told him back in 2009, the last time he spoke to him, that he had gotten into Islam.

Also, local tv stations are claiming that the dead brother was wired with a suicide vest with a trigger device. They fear that the younger one could be wearing one too. I want him caught alive- but obviously if he's going to try to kill more police officers, or anyone else, they will have to stop him. If he doesn't just kill himself first, which will probably happen.

I don't know anything about how legit this is at all, but a young guy called in to WEEI (one of the two major sports radio stations here) and claimed to have known the older brother. Why he was calling them and not the FBI, I have no earthly idea. So I'm very skeptical of it. But he said they all called him Tim. He's from Cambridge, where they went to school (the two brothers). They're replaying it right now. This kid claims that the older one went back to Chechnya around last December. The hosts told him to get in touch with the authorities. Says he's been friends with Tim since 2005. He also said that the claim that Tim said he had no American friends, didn't understand them was untrue-that all his friends were American.

This guy could be a fraud, have no idea obviously.

A local TV station also interviewed one of their uncles, a guy who allegedly is an uncle. He claims "Tim" told him back in 2009, the last time he spoke to him, that he had gotten into Islam.

Also, local tv stations are claiming that the dead brother was wired with a suicide vest with a trigger device. They fear that the younger one could be wearing one too.

There are reports going around that "Tim" has said he has no American friends and he doesn't understand Americans.

Stay safe, MrsS! Hope your friends and family are OK! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom