Explosions at the Boston Marathon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BINafexCUAAxbZD.jpg

According to Russia Today, Dzhokar Tsarnaev from his social network account (Russian FB equivalent)

All of the pictures I've seen comparing Sunil and Suspect #2 side by side make it seem fairly certain than Sunil is suspect #2.

BIMmVUyCYAA3sGE.png:large

3Bh7rkc.gif

these comparisons are shite

if i put my brothers' photos next to the suspect's photos they could easily be assumed to be the suspect as well :|

Two families /lives ruined by reddit

Stop...

This isn't like Richard Jewel. Their lives are not ruined. People will forget their names by this afternoon.

I already forgot their names. I still remember Richard Jewel.

Remember the first suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing? The guy who changed his shirt? Me neither.

Fucking insane that Reddit found the identity of one of the bombers.

I spend hours on that stupid site every week looking at pictures of Emma Watson and reading about Game of Thrones. And a random user on there cracked the case in the biggest homeland attack since 9/11?

Wow. What a world.
Or not.

Tough to run a business here today. Had 2 employees working last night at MIT, started at 10PM, on Vassar Street a couple of blocks from shooting. Building got locked down, they were told to stay inside, so they were able to work. Had 2 more scheduled at a jobsite at Harvard today, cancelled (after they were there waiting to be let in), got them shifted to another job at a hotel in Waltham, that got put in semi lock down as they were on their way and told not to come...fun times.

So the Internet fucked up again after fucking up 24 hours earlier? Maybe it's not their thing

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Stop...

This isn't like Richard Jewel. Their lives are not ruined. People will forget their names by this afternoon.

Remember the first suspect in the attempted Times Square bombing? The guy who changed his shirt? Me neither.

You might have different feelings if you were the one being fingered (wacka wacka). It's not about lives being ruined (though that could still be a potential), it's about idiots trying to be heroes when they should stay the fuck out of it

Just got a reverse 911 call here at my office from the city about the shelter in place order.

This is like living through an episode of 24.

You might have different feelings if you were the one being fingered (wacka wacka). It's not about lives being ruined (though that could still be a potential), it's about idiots trying to be heroes when they should stay the fuck out of it

Give me a break.

The majority of people in America have no idea what reddit even is.

Nobody's lives have been ruined, other than the victims of the bombing and now shootings and their families.

Just the other week the same "idiots" identified a mugger that was caught on camera here in NY by matching the shirt and wristband he had on to his Facebook page, in which he was wearing the same thing. He was arrested the next day.

The FBI asked for the public's help. They got it. Some help was good, some was bad. The only irresponsible ones are the media who run with unconfirmed reports off a web forum.

Give me a break.

The majority of people in America have no idea what reddit even is.

Nobody's lives have been ruined, other than the victims of the bombing and now shootings and their families.

Have you already forgotten about yesterday when 2 innocent people's photos were plastered on the front cover of a national news paper? Give me a break with defending the dog shit reporting that's been going on over the past couple days

Have you already forgotten about yesterday when 2 innocent people's photos were plastered on the front cover of a national news paper? Give me a break with defending the dog shit reporting that's been going on over the past couple days

That's not the internet's fault... That's the New York Post's fault.

That's not the internet's fault... That's the New York Post's fault.

It's also the internet's fault for pretending to be detectives. Their brand of vigilante detective work could've easily led to some idiot hurting an innocent person. Again, easy to brush it off when it's not you

The Internet isn't some obscure form of media. Those 4chan/reddit photos made it onto Facebook. It was being spread much further than the original source, as I'm sure you're painfully aware

It's also the internet's fault for pretending to be detectives. Their brand of vigilante detective work could've easily led to some idiot hurting an innocent person. Again, easy to brush it off when it's not you

Everything is easy to brush off when it's not you. That's the lamest excuse in the history of the world.

Everything is easy to brush off when it's not you. That's the lamest excuse in the history of the world.

Lamest excuse for what? That doesn't even make any sense

I said very early on in this thread that identifying people is really irresponsible, particularly of the media.

I did read in an article somewhere that apparently there is a whole community out there called Websleuths that does nothing but this type of "work" with all crimes that are in the news. I don't have enough initiative to go over there and check it out but I do wonder how they have that much time on their hands.

Stop...

Maybe "lives ruined" was an exaggeration, but don't tell me that the last few days for that high school boy and the grief that missing boy's family must now be feeling even more now isn't going to be quite heightened.

So are these guys jihadists or not?

If they're from Chechnya I would say with 99% certainty they are. Chechnyan militants are pretty hardcore, as far as Jihadists go. They attacked a school in 2004, and killed 300 people, mostly kids. Many militants from Chechnya came to Afghanistan to fight US troops. I see no other possible explanation or motivation.

Of course CNN and the rest of the media will be afraid to say that though, as I'm sure they're very disappointed it wasn't some crazy right wing anti government white guy.

If they're from Chechnya I would say with 99% certainty they are. Chechnyan militants are pretty hardcore, as far as Jihadists go. They attacked a school in 2004, and killed 300 people, mostly kids. Many militants from Chechnya came to Afghanistan to fight US troops. I see no other possible explanation or motivation.

They're from Kyrgyzstan supposedly (conflicting info), and immigrated here at ages 9 and 16.

Back
Top Bottom