Election Day night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
You know how there are threads in LS asking what people are going to do on various holidays? Well I figured election day is like a holiday for FYMers (I know this is US specific, but since we're a lovely inclusive group, we'll let international folks celebrate the FYM holiday too :) ), so what are your plans for election day night?

I'm going to park myself in front of the TV and PC all night to see all the results as they come in. I'm hoping for a very happy and history making night. I'm thinking pizza and wine coolers (not a beer fan) for the refreshments. :)

Since I will spend that day here in the US I will try to get some first-hand experience of that event and then act as a foreign correspondent to Europe. ;)

So directly from the front an early: Good night and good luck!

;)

Pretty much the same as you, Indra, except change the coolers to rum, and add in biting my nails. Food could differ, too.

Here's a handy reference I found:

map1024po7.gif

:cute:

I'm sure I will be here flipping channels & gnawing my nails. I'll watch Stewart/Colbert on Comedy Central.

And I believe Ben & Jerry's is giving away ice cream:
Come to participating scoop shops on November 4th from 5-8pm, and you'll get a free scoop of ice cream. I Voted
Don't know if I'll be able to tear myself away from the coverage for that. :shifty:

I'll be working til 9:30 (I don't start til afternoon, so I'm voting in the morning), and I'll be a nervous wreck. I should post a sign on my register apologizing in advance to any customers I might scream hysterically at.:lol:

My first quarter exam (due on Wed. November 5th) includes a projection (worth credit if correct) of the electoral college results. So, I'll be staying up to get the results of the election in order to get the points.

At midnight when it hits the 5th I will be turning 22...hopefully it'll be a double celebration :rockon:

This is your first time voting in a presidential election, isn't it? You certainly got an interesting one to start your presidential voting history off!

We're planning on attending a kid-friendly election party, which I doubt will run late or involve much alcohol, since pretty much everyone in attendance has to be at either school or work early the next morning. However, once back home I expect I'll be up well into the wee hours, refreshing cnn.com every few minutes...

Going to one or two "all night" election parties, but I'll leave before midnight and then head home where I can watch CNN international and be all over every projection website ever, Skype with my mom, etc. Then work from 7-9am, then if we know the result I will finally be able to sleep for 2 hours or so.

Being in the UK, looks like I'll be staying up all night/the next day watching the BBC's live coverage and tracking things on the New York Times website :up:

online to watch streaming coverage of cnn.com and zdf.de

I just saw Obama´s 30 min spot on youtube

If we only had such a charismatic politician
this guy really makes me believe in change
so I just hope America is on its way towards a better future

I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday (yay for vacation days!). I plan on spending most of Tuesday glued to the internet and TV, and hope I get to spend Wednesday celebrating.

I just heard Starbucks will be giving away free drip coffee to anyone who comes in and says they voted, so add that to the list of free stuff.

I have booze in case I feel the urge to break it out, and haven't yet decided what nibblins I'll have around.

It may not be a late night. If my home state of VA goes in the blue column, I'll know that Obama has it locked up (by 8-9 PM) :dance:. And McCain is behind here - he is against some local transportation/mass transit projects popular with Virginians.

waxing up my surfboard and getting ready to catch the tsunami ...

:wink:

I'm probably going to spend the evening glued to my laptop and the tv. ;) One of my housemates and I were thinking of doing a little wine tasting (left coast elitist snobs that we are) election party, but it'll probably just end up being the two of us sharing a bottle or two. I have to work relatively early the next morning, but I imagine I'll be up for quite a while.

I will be at the newspaper I work for, writing stories on local election results until about midnight. It's a tradition in the newsroom to have pizza ordered in at around 7 p.m. while we are waiting for the polls to close.

i'll be watching the news and have cnn.com on constant refresh.

vp, is it sad that i love that graph only because it's so colourful? :reject:

Will you be eating pizza, perhaps? :wink:

Given my timezone, it'll likely be well into Wednesday morning before everything is finalized. I've got no plans as of right now, but I'll probably end up being glued to the television and phoning a lot of my family to compare notes, and talk about what the outcome means for us here in Canada.

I tend to get overly excited about election nights--this will be the mother of them all. :drool:

Will you be eating pizza, perhaps? :wink:

Given my timezone, it'll likely be well into Wednesday morning before everything is finalized. I've got no plans as of right now, but I'll probably end up being glued to the television and phoning a lot of my family to compare notes, and talk about what the outcome means for us here in Canada.

I tend to get overly excited about election nights--this will be the mother of them all. :drool:
:lol: i might!

i have a feeling i already know the outcome either way :hmm:

french fries :drool: i've not bothered making any in forever. i'll have to think of something to do to celebrate though. maybe i'll have a drink. how many i have just depends upon the outcome :D

Back
Top Bottom