Election Day night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a nice evening with my son, his first time voting and dinner with good hearty conversation and new pics of the grandson :up: I am very concerned about the future of the US with president elect Obama tho. VERY concerned.

I had a nice evening with my son, his first time voting and dinner with good hearty conversation and new pics of the grandson :up: I am very concerned about the future of the US with president elect Obama tho. VERY concerned.

I'm sad you feel that way. :(

I'm concerned too--not because of Obama but because of the enormity of the challenges facing him. They're daunting for any one man.

I was able to see McCain give his speech tonight in person. Pretty cool stuff even though I was jumping for joy that Obama won. I took a few pics from my cell phone but all that you really can see is the huge flag.

this is about the best I could do....nothing much really but better than nothing.

11-04-08_2123.jpg

I'm curious - why?

I am trusting my gut feeling which has never failed me and I've not had good positive vibes about Obama as a person or to many of his visions of change. I feel uneasy that it's going to be a very bumpy road when he takes office. I've doubted he can pull off his promises. It'll take at least a year, maybe a year and a half before we might see any favorable change. It'll be interesting to see how things settle down in the senate and congress, whether the troop withdrawal plan actually happens and what the global affects will be. Change can't happen fast enough. Just my 2.5 cents worth :wink:

so basically...you think he's destined for failure because the u.s. is so fucked up right now? i'm not attacking you or anything, i'm just trying to figure out why you feel this way.

so basically...you think he's destined for failure because the u.s. is so fucked up right now? i'm not attacking you or anything, i'm just trying to figure out why you feel this way.

No. Basically... she is a sore loser just like the idiot McCain supporters who were booing at the mention of Obama! :up:

I'm distracting myself by watching episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD until anything worthwhile starts happening.

Buffy. :drool:

I missed all the coverage last night. Had to go to work this morning so went to bed, but the first thing i did when i got up was check who won. :wink:

:rockon: Yay for Obama. :D :up: He has alot of work ahead of him though poor guy, so best of luck to him. :yes::hug:

I am trusting my gut feeling which has never failed me and I've not had good positive vibes about Obama as a person or to many of his visions of change. I feel uneasy that it's going to be a very bumpy road when he takes office. I've doubted he can pull off his promises. It'll take at least a year, maybe a year and a half before we might see any favorable change. It'll be interesting to see how things settle down in the senate and congress, whether the troop withdrawal plan actually happens and what the global affects will be. Change can't happen fast enough. Just my 2.5 cents worth :wink:

I think other than what your gut tells you, the rest is a fairly realistic assessment. Obama himself has said it's not going to be easy, and that there will be bumps in the road. He certainly has made it clear that it's not going to be a cakewalk, so I think he's being pretty realistic about things, too.

It'd be a shame to dismiss the guy based solely on your gut, though.

I think other than what your gut tells you, the rest is a fairly realistic assessment. Obama himself has said it's not going to be easy, and that there will be bumps in the road. He certainly has made it clear that it's not going to be a cakewalk, so I think he's being pretty realistic about things, too.

It'd be a shame to dismiss the guy based solely on your gut, though.

:applaud:

That man's soul shines from his eyes--and it is a good soul. :hug:

I'm glad Obama won. Now, no one can ever call America "racist" again. It burns me up, when the BBC was reporting "Can America elect a black man to presidency?" Of course we can!

Now, no one can ever call America "racist" again.

Obama being elected president has not magically erased racism. It doesn't "solve" anything.

Race will continue to be a complex issue in America. Are we, as a country, racist? I don't think so. But I think there are enough Americans who are who will continue to color (har har) the world's view of us as a country.

(If that makes sense.)

Back
Top Bottom