Ebola - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Acrobat
 
Sr. Poop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 427
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Ebola

I've been studying and following this virus for years... Since I read "The Hot Zone"

I can't believe nobody here talking about this... This is some ducking scary shit.... World War Z type shit.

Don't let they idiot from the CDC fool... They aren't bringing the people here for the magical care...they are doing other experimental shit with them.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

Sr. Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Poop View Post
I can't believe nobody here talking about this... This is some ducking scary shit.... World War Z type shit.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Eh, not really. Ebola can't spread very easily. I'm much more concerned about bird flu or some terrorist acquiring smallpox.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
Acrobat
 
Sr. Poop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 427
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Ebola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
Eh, not really. Ebola can't spread very easily. I'm much more concerned about bird flu or some terrorist acquiring smallpox.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Those are both issues but if this ever gets out and does spread your fucked. If enough people become infected and spreads it will mutate... It just needs to take hold.

This is a sign that our population may have reached its capacity and its time to start eliminating its excess baggage.

You should be scared


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Sr. Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 08:37 AM
I'll be worried when it becomes airborne.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
Acrobat
 
Sr. Poop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 427
Local Time: 11:37 AM
That's fair


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Sr. Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 08:37 AM
I also think that one reason why the fatality rate is so high is that all the outbreaks that have occurred in Africa, where medical care isn't as good as it is in developed nations. If an Ebola outbreak happened in a developed nation, I'm betting the fatality rate wouldn't be as high as the 60-90% we typically see in outbreaks in Africa.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #7
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,936
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Poop View Post
This is a sign that our population may have reached its capacity and its time to start eliminating its excess baggage.
Yes, Malthus.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 PM   #8
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 57,715
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Wouldn't have expected a thread on Ebola to start so badly, but there you go.

I'm not as worried as some appear to be, just because all the other viruses that were meant to wipe out the world in recent years (SARS, bird flu et al) that never eventuated, but yeah, still damn scary stuff.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #9
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 09:37 AM
Donald Trump has some real enlightened ideas about the virus.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #10
Acrobat
 
Sr. Poop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 427
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Wouldn't have expected a thread on Ebola to start so badly, but there you go.

I'm not as worried as some appear to be, just because all the other viruses that were meant to wipe out the world in recent years (SARS, bird flu et al) that never eventuated, but yeah, still damn scary stuff.
Fail on my part...

I wanted to see if people were freaked out about it like the media wants us to be. People on this site seem to actually be pretty level headed for the most part


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Sr. Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kony Island Baby
Posts: 10,244
Local Time: 01:37 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this Gareth, but... tell me more about this 'experimental shit'.
Kieran McConville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
Acrobat
 
Sr. Poop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 427
Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran McConville View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this Gareth, but... tell me more about this 'experimental shit'.
Nothing... I just added that for effect


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Sr. Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #13
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Donald Trump has some real enlightened ideas about the virus.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Donald Trump is also a professional asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,920
Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Poop View Post
People on this site seem to actually be pretty level headed for the most part

About Ebola perhaps.
About a new U2 album, not so much.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #15
The Fly
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 90
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yes, Malthus.
Nice.
Jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:27 AM   #16
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
About Ebola perhaps.
About a new U2 album, not so much.
Heh.


Well one thing I do not understand is why they are bringing the infected doctors to the US. The virus isn't treatable right? So why help it across the ocean with the risk of accidentally spreading it somewhere?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:44 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,098
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Heh.


Well one thing I do not understand is why they are bringing the infected doctors to the US. The virus isn't treatable right? So why help it across the ocean with the risk of accidentally spreading it somewhere?
Not gonna lie, it is freaking me the fuck out a little. I've clearly seen too many movies.

I guess the idea is two-fold: 1) they don't want to leave citizens behind, and 2) they're taking them to the CDC in Atlanta to try and find a treatment.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kieran McConville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Kony Island Baby
Posts: 10,244
Local Time: 01:37 AM
There is a treatment (of sorts), there just isn't a cure. The treatment is keep the patient's blood pressure and hydration up and hope for the best.
Kieran McConville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #19
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Isn't Ebola usually paired with bleedings from pretty much everywhere? Wouldn't keeping the blood pressure up make that worse, or is it to prevent the bleeding from occuring?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #20
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,878
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Extreme external hemorrhage only happens to approximately 20% of those with Ebola, so while it's something to take into account, the low blood pressure is something that's to be expected and dangerous in its own right. The bleeding happens towards the end of the disease anyway, so you want to prevent them from being that far gone in the first place.
__________________

LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×